Refund Roll Call

JPH814

5 hours ago, Mauzac said:

tv24, I am same stage as you and this morning, I received the deposit for the second cruise of our two B2Bs.  I am hoping that his means things are moving but find it strange, why just this, why not the cruise before this one?

And it's only £900 out of a total of £18,000 owed!

But to see just anything from SB is good, maybe next week will be the week for both of us!

Misery loves company, I’m there with you! Let’s think positive thoughts for this week, we can’t wait forever.....right?!!

• Like 1

Like Mauzac, we have been refunded $900 Of our deposit for our April 20 TA cruise. It was credited to our cc account yesterday. Seabourn appears to have kept the $1000 portion of our deposit which we had made with a Future Cruise Deposit made during a previous cruise. Let’s hope the balance of our payments will be refunded in the next few days. FYI, we have been waiting patiently and quietly.

I'm quite pleased to have received my cruise refund after a 71-day wait but I now have another beef that has nothing to do with Seabourn. Visa told me that it would take them 30 days to transfer the amount refunded on my card to my bank account. So a 71-day wait has now evolved into an 101-day wait. The maximum daily amount that I can transfer myself online is $1,000, accompanied by a $3.50 charge for each transfer. The consumer loses no matter what! 

2 minutes ago, Astride said:

I'm quite pleased to have received my cruise refund after a 71-day wait but I now have another beef that has nothing to do with Seabourn. Visa told me that it would take them 30 days to transfer the amount refunded on my card to my bank account. So a 71-day wait has now evolved into an 101-day wait. The maximum daily amount that I can transfer myself online is $1,000, accompanied by a $3.50 charge for each transfer. The consumer loses no matter what! 

That has to be an issue with the bank that issued your credit card and not Visa.  My recent credit of almost $12,000 on my Visa from Chase was sent via a single check in less a week after I requested it with no charge.  Strongly suggest you look for a different bank for your Visa card and check out all of the T's and C's before signing up.

That is truly absurd!!

3 minutes ago, rallydave said:

That has to be an issue with the bank that issued your credit card and not Visa.  My recent credit of almost $12,000 on my Visa from Chase was sent via a single check in less a week after I requested it with no charge. 

Practically the same experience that I had with Chase Visa with a similar amount, except we got an EFT to our checking account (into a US bank).

Astride—maybe there’s another way to get the money?

16 hours ago, rallydave said:

That has to be an issue with the bank that issued your credit card and not Visa.  My recent credit of almost $12,000 on my Visa from Chase was sent via a single check in less a week after I requested it with no charge.  Strongly suggest you look for a different bank for your Visa card and check out all of the T's and C's before signing up.

That is truly absurd!!

Yes, you're right, Dave. The bank that issued my credit card is actually the culprit in this case & not Visa.

16 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Practically the same experience that I had with Chase Visa with a similar amount, except we got an EFT to our checking account (into a US bank).

Astride—maybe there’s another way to get the money?

A visit to my local bank branch would probably help but would require an appointment during the pandemic. I simply don't have the energy left to put up another fight for the money owed me.

Have been following this thread with interest.

My update:

Cruise 5th April, cancelled around the 16th March.

Refund requested 17th March and I'm happy to say that today all monies were returned. I had 2 payments of £1000 on 2 separate credit cards (sign up bonuses) and the £6400 paid with another CC which the TA has refunded onto my bank account.

Not sure how many days that is but I think I've flirted with a 100 days

But all good finally. 

Good luck for everyone else still waiting .

6 hours ago, ON cruiser said:

Astride, can you escalate within your bank? Speak to a manager and go up the chain? Many banks (in Canada, anyway) have an internal Ombudsman’s office. 

good luck!

I suppose I could ON cruiser. But, as explained to CruiserFromMain, I simply don't have the energy left to fight & will let that one go. I'm still chasing after an airfare cancellation fee & 4 nights of pre-cruise hotel accommodations in Rome. I booked my hotel through Agoda & that was a huge mistake. I will never do that again. I'm hoping that Seabourn will come through for me on those cancellation expenses. If they do, half of the refund will go to a food bank. Thank you for your advice. 

Today we received a $1,000 refund to our cc.  We are assuming that this amount represents the two FCD’s that were applied to this cruise.   This is Day 60 since our request for a full refund for the 21 day cruise and airfare which were paid in full.  Seabourn cancelled our June 27th cruise on April 14th.  
Has anyone else received their FCD separated from the total cost?  

Today we received a $1,000 refund to our cc.  We are assuming that this amount represents the two FCD’s that were applied to this cruise.   This is Day 60 since our request for a full refund for the 21 day cruise and airfare which were paid in full.  Seabourn cancelled our June 27th cruise on April 14th.  

Has anyone else received their FCD separated from the total cost?  

Yes. I received the refund of my FCDs about on June 6 and my cruise-fare refund on June 10. Good news for you. Should be soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm about halfway there.

I have received the funds for our second cruise  (2 b2bs).  But not the first.  How strange is that.  

Embarkation 20th April.  Requested 30th March.  Received 15th June.  77 days.

Now waiting for my 5th April cruise after 94 days of waiting.  Please don't let me enter the 100 Club!  

I think ReefKnot who has been refunded, was on the same cruise (Manaus/Miami) so really hope this is on its way.  

It'll be nice not to bother with my banking app for a while 😁

16 hours ago, Reef Knot said:

Have been following this thread with interest.

My update:

Cruise 5th April, cancelled around the 16th March.

Refund requested 17th March and I'm happy to say that today all monies were returned. I had 2 payments of £1000 on 2 separate credit cards (sign up bonuses) and the £6400 paid with another CC which the TA has refunded onto my bank account.

Not sure how many days that is but I think I've flirted with a 100 days

But all good finally. 

Good luck for everyone else still waiting .

What April 5 cruise were you booked for?  My April 5 cruise was on the Quest Manaus to Miami.  SB canceled it on March 13.  My TA submitted request for refund on March 14.  No refund yet.  

1 hour ago, Mauzac said:

I'm about halfway there.

I have received the funds for our second cruise  (2 b2bs).  But not the first.  How strange is that.  

Embarkation 20th April.  Requested 30th March.  Received 15th June.  77 days.

Now waiting for my 5th April cruise after 94 days of waiting.  Please don't let me enter the 100 Club!  

I think ReefKnot who has been refunded, was on the same cruise (Manaus/Miami) so really hope this is on its way.  

It'll be nice not to bother with my banking app for a while 😁

I was booked on the April 5 Quest cruise from Manaus to Miami.  SB canceled it on March 13.  My TA requested refund on March 14.  No refund yet.  

33 minutes ago, plane7c said:

What April 5 cruise were you booked for?  My April 5 cruise was on the Quest Manaus to Miami.  SB canceled it on March 13.  My TA submitted request for refund on March 14.  No refund yet.  

Yup, we were on the Manaus - Miami one.

as I said think we got notification around the 16th March, and TA canceled on the 17/18th.

Well I’m happy to report that I received my refund this morning. That’s 3 months plus a day from when I requested it. A little stressful. For those waiting: it will happen. 

thank you JPH814 for this thread and your spreadsheets. I appreciate it. 

rob

• Like 1

Happy to report that as of this morning we're finally 100% refunded. The final piece was the refund of 2 FCDs that were not applied to anything and that I had requested be refunded on March 24th (so almost 3 months).  The credit shows the date of May 29th which was the day Seabourn had refund batching errors but it took 3 weeks before I could actually see the credit on our Visa.  

Thanks again JPH for starting this thread … has been an interesting "ride" to say the least.  And to anyone else still waiting for refunds and/or FCCs, there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Peace Out! ✌️

• Like 1