Cruise With Confidence cancellation policy extended

frugaltravel

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

how about a stand alone CFAR policy - no medical, no evacuation... it would strictly be a policy that provides FCC only since 

"insurance" is not involved ?

Any solution where passengers are refunded for any reason cancellation would be fine. It still won’t stop all those that are sick from sailing.  That is a bigger problem. It will be very difficult to solve without a vaccine. 

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

The fine print says for the U.K. the full refund is only available as FCC.

See: 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

Thank you, the deposit was made using FCD certificates, so I imagine I will get FCDs back.

Unfortunately BA won’t allow me a voucher 😔, so unless they change their policy, I am out £800 on lost flights!

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

Thank you, the deposit was made using FCD certificates, so I imagine I will get FCDs back.

Unfortunately BA won’t allow me a voucher 😔, so unless they change their policy, I am out £800 on lost flights!

I should clarify as they didn't say the full refund, just the deposit.

"*For guests in the UK, deposits will be refunded in the form of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC)."

On 6/4/2020 at 8:18 PM, Steelers36 said:

That's what cancellation insurance products are for.  They are already bending over backwards to entice business.  How much can we expect them to do - let us cruise for free?

Maybe Princess should pick up the cost of cancel for any reason insurance til virus over, then everyone would feel comfortable booking know anyone who is sick can cancel right up the the last minute.   We are going to wait til 2022,  if no vaccine here by end of year.  We are booked for early 2021... will wait to cancel later if necessary.  

Just because you buy the insurance, no reason to expect someone else to have the insurance and cancel if not well.

On 6/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, trvlwrld said:

My booked cruise for next March is still listed as a full payment date in December or booking will be cancelled...doesn't match up with their new cancellation policy???.... I really don’t want to pay in full ($12,000) with a PROMISE of a refund...I’m still waiting for my April 4 cruise refund ($6000), and have received nothing...so giving them more money to hold  is not exactly the smartest way to spend $20K!

The policy was just now extended. Your payment isn't due for six months. What is the urgency to have Princess go into your booking and change the payment date now? They have a lot going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pris993 said:

Maybe Princess should pick up the cost of cancel for any reason insurance til virus over, then everyone would feel comfortable booking know anyone who is sick can cancel right up the the last minute.  

If one is sick, then usual cruise insurance would have that as a covered reason. No need for CFAR which is really insurance that would cover many reasons that are not related to illness.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 1:03 PM, trvlwrld said:

My booked cruise for next March is still listed as a full payment date in December or booking will be cancelled...doesn't match up with their new cancellation policy???.... I really don’t want to pay in full ($12,000) with a PROMISE of a refund...I’m still waiting for my April 4 cruise refund ($6000), and have received nothing...so giving them more money to hold  is not exactly the smartest way to spend $20K!

Mine still has final payment at 90 days. I will just call Princess a week before that and get it clarified at the time. I won't be paying before I have to.

8 hours ago, pris993 said:

Maybe Princess should pick up the cost of cancel for any reason insurance til virus over, then everyone would feel comfortable booking know anyone who is sick can cancel right up the the last minute.   We are going to wait til 2022,  if no vaccine here by end of year.  We are booked for early 2021... will wait to cancel later if necessary.  

Just because you buy the insurance, no reason to expect someone else to have the insurance and cancel if not well.

On Princess' Health and safety page, it states :

"We will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:

Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.

Are suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation.

If you meet any of these criteria, please contact Princess as soon as possible, definitely before you travel to the terminal for embarkation. If you’re unable to sail because of these restrictions, you’ll receive a full cruise credit."

• Like 1

I also have an upcoming cruise whose final payment date is still sitting at 90 days in the Princess system.  If it doesn't change by the 90 day deadline, I think I will cancel the cruise.  The extra 30 days for final payment may give us the opportunity to see what is really going to happening in the cruise industry, without it there is way to many questions about cruising on Princess that are going unanswered.  I am not going to give them any more of my money until those questions have some concrete answers, I am still waiting for my FCC.

Somebody on our roll call says their TA called Princess and was told the new 60 policy is only for bookings made after Covid-19 issues started affecting their cruises.  Any bookings made prior to that still have the 120 day final payment date.  Can anybody verify this or is this just another example of it depends on what the Princess rep wants to tell you?

I just got off the phone with a Princess rep and she says that Cruise With Confidence final payment doesn't apply to my March 26, 2021 sailing because the cruise is 28 days so I still have a 120 day final payment due.  It certainly doesn't say anything of the sort, as a matter of fact when you now look at the standard cancellation policy it states right at the top of the page that the standard policy applies to cruises departing May 1, 2021or later.  For cruises departing prior to April 30, 2021, the 60 day cruise with confidence policy applies.  It was like talking to a brick wall, she kept referring me to the standard policy of 120 days even though that no longer applies.  Did anybody else make any headway with somebody there?

We, too, are booked for a March 26, 2021 cruise.  (Remaining hopeful at least.)  After seeing the recent post here regarding the modified Cruise With Confidence payment schedule, we called Princess to verify that final payment would now be January 26, 2021, and NOT November 26, 2020.  The rep assured me that the payment was still due on November 26.  I then read him the newly revised schedule to which he said, "Let me check with my supervisor."  Wait.  Wait.  Wait.  Finally, the rep returned to the phone and said that yes, indeed, the new payment schedule was applicable to our sailing - final payment due January 26, 2021.  I think it might be advisable to call again to verify the information.  After logging in to our Princess cruise personalizer under "payments" it still shows a final payment date of November 26, 2020.  This is not like talking to a brick wall; it is more like being pummeled by them.

If you try to verify again with Princess, please let us know any information you may have obtained.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

We, too, are booked for a March 26, 2021 cruise.  (Remaining hopeful at least.)  After seeing the recent post here regarding the modified Cruise With Confidence payment schedule, we called Princess to verify that final payment would now be January 26, 2021, and NOT November 26, 2020.  The rep assured me that the payment was still due on November 26.  I then read him the newly revised schedule to which he said, "Let me check with my supervisor."  Wait.  Wait.  Wait.  Finally, the rep returned to the phone and said that yes, indeed, the new payment schedule was applicable to our sailing - final payment due January 26, 2021.  I think it might be advisable to call again to verify the information.  After logging in to our Princess cruise personalizer under "payments" it still shows a final payment date of November 26, 2020.  This is not like talking to a brick wall; it is more like being pummeled by them.

If you try to verify again with Princess, please let us know any information you may have obtained.  Thanks!

Are you sailing on the 28-Day Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa sailing from LA on March 26?

10 hours ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

Hopefully, yes.

Have you joined the Roll Call for that cruise?  Lots of information being shared about pre cruise hotels, private excursions, Meet & Greet sign up.  You can find it here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2663009-hawaii-tahiti-samoa-–-star-princess-march-26-2021/

Edited by Daniel A

On 6/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

That policy does No good if you are trying to keep everyone safe.

30 days is still too long! 

Who knows if their sick 30 days in advance?

Cruise Lines need a True Last Minute Cancellation Policy, that allows customer to

cancel, if their sick or coming down with something....then be able to Rebook

those funds, instead of Losing all their money.

Allowing a customer to cancel up until sailing, is the Right thing to do to help keep us safe.

Royal Caribbean is allowing cancellations up to 48 hours before sailing, for bookings made before 8/1/2020.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

In case anyone is interested.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just got off the phone with a Princess rep and she says that Cruise With Confidence final payment doesn't apply to my March 26, 2021 sailing because the cruise is 28 days so I still have a 120 day final payment due.  It certainly doesn't say anything of the sort, as a matter of fact when you now look at the standard cancellation policy it states right at the top of the page that the standard policy applies to cruises departing May 1, 2021or later.  For cruises departing prior to April 30, 2021, the 60 day cruise with confidence policy applies.  It was like talking to a brick wall, she kept referring me to the standard policy of 120 days even though that no longer applies.  Did anybody else make any headway with somebody there?

my cruise personalizer is still showing the old policy, in our case 75 days ( short cruise ) … if I go thru a dummy booking all the way is shows 60 days final deposit date

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 6:24 PM, frugaltravel said:

No surprise.

NEW: Cruise with Confidence Cancellation Policy Extended

Effective immediately, our existing Cruise with Confidence policies are now extended to all cruises departing April 30, 2021 or earlier. Here are the details:

• Guests can cancel up to 30 days before their sailing date and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for any cancellation fees and a refund of additional funds received to the original payment method.
  • Based on demand from your clients to delay making their Final Payment, we will continue with our policy to allow Final Payment 60 days prior to departure.
  • No fees assessed prior to 60 days, and all deposits are refundable.
  • This change applies to new and existing bookings made by the Final Payment date (60 days prior to departure) on cruises and cruisetours.
  • Beginning with cruises departing May 1st, 2021 the final payment date returns to our published policy.

I have a cruise booked mid March 2021 out of Sydney. My issue is that restrictions in Australia/NZ could be lifted with the cruise sailing as scheduled, but entry to the country from North America restricted. At least this gives me a little wiggle room before final payment.

I think two things are happening here.  One is that the computer programmers only applied the new payment due dates on new bookings and the programmers haven't yet applied the new policy to existing bookings.

Second, consistent with Princess' poor training and quality control for the phone reps, the phone reps are once again shooting from the hip and not adequately checking on the new Cruise With Confidence extension.

This is the same thing that happened when Princess came out with the Best Sale Ever add ons last Fall.  The phone reps kept giving out false information until so many people kept calling that the reps finally understood there was a new policy from Princess.  I'd like to see anybody who has a cruise booked with a departure before May 1, 2021 call in to Princess and insist that they update the existing bookings to reflect the current cancellation/last payment date policy.

Edited by Daniel A

7 minutes ago, dog said:

My travel summary has now been updated and shows final payment is 60 days. 

Mind if I ask when you booked?  On our rollcall someone was told that it's only applying to bookings done in 2020 and that bookings made in 2019 aren't included.

22 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Mind if I ask when you booked?  On our rollcall someone was told that it's only applying to bookings done in 2020 and that bookings made in 2019 aren't included.

enchanted Jan 23/21. Made with $1.00 deposit last time offered

crown April 24/21. Made in 2020

both were updated today to show 60 day final payment

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Mine have been updated too, including bookings made in 2019.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dog said:

My travel summary has now been updated and shows final payment is 60 days. 

Are you booked with TA or Princess?  Where on your travel summary do you see the final payment date?  We've booked with a TA and can't find anything about a final payment date on our travel summary for  our cruises booked between Feb 2021 and April 2021.

4 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Are you booked with TA or Princess?  Where on your travel summary do you see the final payment date?  We've booked with a TA and can't find anything about a final payment date on our travel summary for  our cruises booked between Feb 2021 and April 2021.

Booked with Princess. In Personalizer on Princess website log in to your account. Go to travel summary. Payments. Yours might say any changes are made through TA. 
mine shows what I paid and what I owe with a new final payment date of 60 days. Last week it was 90 days, so updates are just starting. 

Edited by dog