When will things start back up?

KS&JW

10 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Thanks; not a surprise but just one more sobering acknowledgement of reality.  I personally feel inundated with bad Covid news this week in particular, probably because our driving trip to NJ to see our children and grandchildren now is off due to Ohio joining the ever-increasing list of states on the NY-NJ-CT quarantine list.  
Ah, well, I only have been in the same car with my husband since March 11 for a total of 10 minutes just one week ago.  Eleven hours in a car together in one day could result in serious mayhem! 

We feel your pain.  Living in Alabama we have been on the no entry list for New Jersey from the beginning.  We figure by the time they let us into the state, my youngest granddaughter, who we have not seen in person since she was four months old, will be walking and talking.  Thank goodness for FaceTime and Zoom.

2 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

Living in Alabama we have been on the no entry list for New Jersey from the beginning.

Could you have imagined that 3 or 4 months ago.

It was just the reverse - NYers were not allowed into Florida.

12 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks Pam- I'm vicariously feeling so badly for you. Know how heavenly it would be especially to see those little ones. I'm starting to get nightmares and feel it's anxiety/withdrawal from not seeing the family.

Don't know how brave we are in keeping our FP plans on track. Maybe cautiously optimistic?

Cautiously optimistic is a good way to view many things these days.  Meanwhile I am busy solidifying my status as queen of webinars.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

We feel your pain.  Living in Alabama we have been on the no entry list for New Jersey from the beginning.  We figure by the time they let us into the state, my youngest granddaughter, who we have not seen in person since she was four months old, will be walking and talking.  Thank goodness for FaceTime and Zoom.

Hi, Lady’s Mom.  Our first trip cancelled in March was for our grandson’s first birthday party.  And he indeed has started walking since then. For sure, FaceTime is a major blessing we use daily.

Stay well and stay strong!

Edited by CintiPam

13 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Cautiously optimistic is a good way to view many things these days.  Meanwhile I am busy solidifying my status as queen of webinars.

Hi Pam -- not sure if you remember me from years ago on the Med forums...

I was curious what webinars you have found to keep you busy, especially if travel, art or history related?  I've done a few of the Context travel ones but always looking for other good options.

11 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

These days everything is uncertain including resume dates for cruising.  NCL likely unposted that list because it wasn’t accurate.  

What list? Who? Where? Are you quoting someone?

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Pam -- not sure if you remember me from years ago on the Med forums...

I was curious what webinars you have found to keep you busy, especially if travel, art or history related?  I've done a few of the Context travel ones but always looking for other good options.

Of course I remember you; we share many archaeological interests.  (BTW, I finally got to visit Egypt and Jordan in December for three weeks on a wonderful trip organized by Cornell, my alma mater, through Orbridge.). 

Most of the webinars I attend are through my museum memberships, such as The National World War II Museum, my university and law school, and other affinity groups.  

One excellent weekly art talk I attend is at 1 pm every Sunday organized by a private guide in Florence named Fadi Bassil.  He and various fellow guides there have covered the history of Florence through its architecture, Botticelli’s Primavera, Bronzino and Eleanora of Toledo, Donatello’s David, Michelangelo’s David and tomorrow will cover the Pazzi conspiracy.  You can get the Zoom link from his Facebook page.

11 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Of course I remember you; we share many archaeological interests.  (BTW, I finally got to visit Egypt and Jordan in December for three weeks on a wonderful trip organized by Cornell, my alma mater, through Orbridge.). 

Most of the webinars I attend are through my museum memberships, such as The National World War II Museum, my university and law school, and other affinity groups.  

One excellent weekly art talk I attend is at 1 pm every Sunday organized by a private guide in Florence named Fadi Bassil.  He and various fellow guides there have covered the history of Florence through its architecture, Botticelli’s Primavera, Bronzino and Eleanora of Toledo, Donatello’s David, Michelangelo’s David and tomorrow will cover the Pazzi conspiracy.  You can get the Zoom link from his Facebook page.

Thanks for that tip, I will have a look.

So glad to hear that you went to Egypt and Jordan. I would like to return to Egypt one of these days, when travel doesn't seem like just a pipe dream...

I repeat, only people with a Crystal Ball know what is going to happen and when..how can you even question it when we cant even get our hair and nails done in California..

you can pick the dates out of thin air all you want..You are not correct..

The cruise lines are guessing just like we are..so until this virus steadies forget cruising..

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

you can pick the dates out of thin air all you want..You are not correct..

The cruise lines are guessing just like we are..so until this virus steadies forget cruising..

Jancruz1

Impossible to prognosticate as you say. Call me a blockhead to keep a pious hope , but because of a declining dh I have money on 4/21, 11/21 and 4/22. Yikes but just the way it is. He needs the daydream.

Its definitely ok if you know its a daydream..I hope for you it happens..

22 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Impossible to prognosticate as you say. Call me a blockhead to keep a pious hope , but because of a declining dh I have money on 4/21, 11/21 and 4/22. Yikes but just the way it is. He needs the daydream.

Its perfert to book as long as you realize it could be a daydream..I have done the same thing but I dont get upset at the cruise line take responsibility yourself as I do..I know Oceania has plenty of money so I do not panic..

Enjoy daydreaming again,...

Jancruz1

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Its definitely ok if you know its a daydream..I hope for you it happens..

Its perfert to book as long as you realize it could be a daydream..I have done the same thing but I dont get upset at the cruise line take responsibility yourself as I do..I know Oceania has plenty of money so I do not panic..

Enjoy daydreaming again,...

Jancruz1

They are all Tahiti cruises and while still daydreaming they have a better chance than most of coming to fruition. Fr. Polynesia has opened, zero cases at present and their requirement is a COVID test for passengers within 3 days of boarding your flight, and another 4 days into your cruise or vacation. You're quarantined if you don't pass. Not a perfect plan but something anyway, and too much of a hassle and potential disaster for many. PG departs in less than two weeks, so will have some idea of the impact on Polynesians and cruisers in about a few weeks. So far Wind Spirit cruises early Sept. It's all pie in the sky for now, but it has a fighting chance. Sort of.

I would hate to be a guinea pig on those early cruises! PG is now Ponant and they told passengers cruise or lose your money. Wind Star much more reasonable.

Yeah, but we'll still daydream about the possibles. But for now in Oregon, we stay at home and mask for groceries.

Edited by Petoonya

14 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

some people can dream  without putting money  on  a cruise or vacation rental 😎

Not husband. He has Alzheimers, but constantly asks about the cruises he wants to take. He has the invoices on his dresser! It's one of the few things he remembers well. It's worth the risk to me at the moment.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Not husband. He has Alzheimers, but constantly asks about the cruises he wants to take. He has the invoices on his dresser! It's one of the few things he remembers well. It's worth the risk to me at the moment.

God be with you both.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

well now you have the invoice   you can cancel it  & just not show him  the  cancellation 😉

Hope you make the  cruises  but the stress would put me off  LOL

Just now, LHT28 said:

well now you have the invoice   you can cancel it  & just not show him  the  cancellation 😉

Hope you make the  cruises  but the stress would put me off  LOL

The stress of living with someone who thinks hydrocortisone ointment is toothpaste is worse than money down on cruises. I'm really thrilled he can remember the cruises. When the time comes and he still does, and the cruises do actually go out perchance, I want to have our cabin chosen in advance and see the big smile on his face.

This kind of stuff takes a lot of my stress away for today ❤️

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

You've got to do what you got to do.

You know him best and how to make him happy - it's a small price to pay.

• Like 1