Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

42 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

No, this is a post pandemic activity.

The only way you could earn Captain’s Club points was by sailing.

I am thankful then that I did participate a bit.   I hope they continue with at least one email a month with the ability to earn points here and there.  I'm still Classic level, but now I am half way to Select having only taken one cruise in 2019.  Certainly not the level of some posters in the thread, but I did enjoy being able to earn something while not sailing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I am thankful then that I did participate a bit.   I hope they continue with at least one email a month with the ability to earn points here and there.  I'm still Classic level, but now I am half way to Select having only taken one cruise in 2019.  Certainly not the level of some posters in the thread, but I did enjoy being able to earn something while not sailing.

They might continue them if, IMHO, they see a positive cause and effect with booking cruises($$$).  Otherwise I do not think they will continue them for much longer as they restart their fleet of ships..  

13 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

We received our points yesterday but the promotional email we received today showed our previous total! X IT at work. 

Same here.

Got the 4 points in both of our accounts on both Celebrity and Azamara.  So our booked Azamara cruise will make us Discoverer Plus [probably won't make us Elite Plus, because the system will surely have been split by Sep. 2022].  Anyway, I'm a happy camper and thanks to Celebrity for doing this!

10 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Did anyone receive points for the June 11th social media event?

You won't get those until mid-July. It's in the "fine print". They're generally credited around the 15th.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Did anyone receive points for the June 11th social media event?

Points post by the 15th of the month after you earn them. So you should see points from June activities in mid-July.

11 minutes ago, zaxanon6 said:

Points post by the 15th of the month after you earn them. So you should see points from June activities in mid-July.

12 minutes ago, RaptorBill said:

You won't get those until mid-July. It's in the "fine print". They're generally credited around the 15th.

Good to hear. Thank you

With further cancellations in progress, maybe that would be good news for the power up points….I don’t see the program continuing once Cruising is back in oh Lord, but maybe we will get a few here and there.  I just hope there are no more social media requirements.

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

With further cancellations in progress, maybe that would be good news for the power up points….I don’t see the program continuing once Cruising is back in oh Lord, but maybe we will get a few here and there.  I just hope there are no more social media requirements.

I agree that PUP's will not last forever.  I still think PUP's can have some value even after Celebrity is fully up and running.  Again, though it would have to translate into more bookings IMHO.   Where I see it being the most helpful is for those close to the next higher level and wanting to reach that level prior to sailing and not having to sail a second time before getting any benefit of the next level..  

I did one social media PUP activity earlier and it was somewhat of a hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was just scrolling through and saw the recent post about GoGreen - interesting concept - I decided to check my level and I'm 26 points shy of elite which I'll get on my next cruise (December 2022)

I also see there is something new with Power Up Points - get points for doing things like surveys - I was wondering if anyone has seen / gotten emails on this yet - I am hoping that between and December next year I can do enough surveys / etc to get to Elite

Thanks

It’s been going on for several months. Do a search of Cruise Critic and you can see how it evolved.  No one knows if there will be more opportunities for Power up Points now that Cruising has begun again.

Edited by cruisestitch

6 hours ago, pl281 said:

... I'm 26 points shy of elite which I'll get on my next cruise (December 2022).  ...  I am hoping that between and December next year I can do enough surveys / etc to get to Elite,

If opportunities to earn points will still be offered, "pl281," we recommend that you take advantage of them.  We were able to advance from Elite to Elite Plus since the "plague" struck in March, 2020.