Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm really confused by the number of people who say that they don't participate in social media. The Cruise Critic forums are a prime example of social media!

Good point and that is correct.  Though to me, and I think many others, when we think of social media, it means Twitter, Instagram, FB et al

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm really confused by the number of people who say that they don't participate in social media. The Cruise Critic forums are a prime example of social media!

Precisely what I've been thinking haven't mentioned! 

16 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Touche! I draw the line at CC as I get myself in enough trouble here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

If Celebrity considered Cruise Critic boards to be social media, we would all already have our social media PUPs ☺️

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I guess it's a good thing most of us don't use our real names, right, Dave?  😁

No fair, C-Dragons!  You are maintaining the list of names on our Roll Call for our APEX TA next year, now I need to use an alias.  😊

Edited by LGW59

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Am I the only one who hates the social media related Power Up activities?  I am just not into doing these kinds of things.  And who looks at any of them and say wow, look who likes Celebrity I think I'll book a cruise??  The answer is no one.  But since I am Elite Plus and it would take more years than I have left to book tons of cruises in suites to ever reach Zenith  (at which time they would likely change it anyway) I guess I shouldn't let it bother me.

When I read this, I thought, wow, did I write this?  Agree with every word. 

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

But since I am Elite Plus and it would take more years than I have left to book tons of cruises in suites to ever reach Zenith  (at which time they would likely change it anyway) 

If PUP ever inflates us all to Zenith, you will see new tiers added: Zenith Classic, Zenith Select, Zenith Elite.....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

You are correct.  For me at least, when I say social media in this respect I am talking about the constant posting on sites like Instagram or FB of people feeling the need to document every single moment of their lives.  Don't really need to know, nor do I care what they ate for dinner or what nice flowers their loving boyfriend bought for them.  Do I sound like an old curmudgeon?  I guess because I am🙂

8 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

You are correct.  For me at least, when I say social media in this respect I am talking about the constant posting on sites like Instagram or FB of people feeling the need to document every single moment of their lives.  Don't really need to know, nor do I care what they ate for dinner or what nice flowers their loving boyfriend bought for them.  Do I sound like an old curmudgeon?  I guess because I am🙂

Have not been on FB in over 5 years, lot's of reasons I stopped, the cheeseburger and salad photos, chief among them.  I loved when they would "check-in" to their dining destination, basically announce my house is empty, come rob me while I enjoy this "incredible previously frozen burger and amazing salad"...

The odd thing is that the PUP offers come to our e-mail address with our son’s name and CC number on it.  He has only been on one (1) Celebrity cruise when he cruised with us in 2009 on the Mercury.  I just change the CC number and then complete the offer.  Was not able to do the new year offer because you could not change the CC number.  Celebrity has a link in the offer if you know someone not receiving the PUP offers, but I used it and I have not received any PUP offers at my other email address.  Do not want to contact CC because I do not want to not receive any PUP offers.  He was Select on his first Celebrity cruise because he was Diamond+ on Royal.

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Cruise Critic forums are antediluvian AOL chat rooms that never died – they predate social media by many generations.  Whenever I do surveys that ask about social media their examples and the type of usage they zero in on are Twitter or Facebook, not an old-fashioned chat room like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Cruise Critic forums are antediluvian AOL chat rooms that never died – they predate social media by many generations.  Whenever I do surveys that ask about social media their examples and the type of usage they zero in on are Twitter or Facebook, not an old-fashioned chat room like this.

We are chatty. 🤣

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We are chatty. 🤣

And, particularly after the Covid lockdowns, some of us are roomy. 🤣  And many of us, yours truly included, are antediluvian! :classic_ohmy:

Speaking to the latter, I just purchased a shore excursion on a 2022 cruise – and in the process the cruise line website noted my age at the time of the cruise!  Not a number I wanted to see this early!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And, particularly after the Covid lockdowns, some of us are roomy. 🤣  And many of us, yours truly included, are antediluvian! :classic_ohmy:

Speaking to the latter, I just purchased a shore excursion on a 2022 cruise – and in the process the cruise line website noted my age at the time of the cruise!  Not a number I wanted to see this early!

Do what I do, use cut and paste and reverse the number, works like a charm, I am now 16!

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:You are correct.  For me at least, when I say social media in this respect I am talking about the constant posting on sites like Instagram or FB of people feeling the need to document every single moment of their lives.  Don't really need to know, nor do I care what they ate for dinner or what nice flowers their loving boyfriend bought for them.  Do I sound like an old curmudgeon?  I guess because I am🙂

Hmmm! Sounds like a “Live from.... “  CC thread where very step of someone’s cruise  is explained and capture in photos.  Often starting with the  time they got up to go to airport, pics of the luggage,  how they got to port city, pics of  the airport lounge, the drink they had before dinner , their dinner, drink after dinner, cabin. Breakfast and on an on.  To me that’s no different than posting on FB or IG.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Hmmm! Sounds like a “Live from.... “  CC thread where very step of someone’s cruise  is explained and capture in photos.  Often starting with the  time they got up to go to airport, pics of the luggage,  how they got to port city, pics of  the airport lounge, the drink they had before dinner , their dinner, drink after dinner, cabin. Breakfast and on an on.  To me that’s no different than posting on FB or IG.

Unlike a cruise's "live from" that ends after the scheduled vaca, FB or IG goes on and on and on for their entire life.

13 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Do what I do, use cut and paste and reverse the number, works like a charm, I am now 16!

Doesn't help a lot when one was born in early January 1955.

If you do the subtraction, that'd be 66 years old.