Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I still haven't figured that part out yet as our CC point counts are now different as only one of us got the "Christmas" gift PUPs email worth 2 CC points. How can my DW and I "link" our accounts as we have different email addresses? Is there some setting in our online account we need to set? We're in the US if that makes a difference as I don't see any reference to "linked" accounts in the T&C we get. Just curious.

44 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Have you called the Captains Club and asked them? 1-800-760-0654

I just called on Monday and had my boyfriend's and my accounts linked. Took all of about 3 minutes to do.

• Like 1

Using different email addresses is not the problem – DW and I use different ones but my PowerUp points have been added to her account to keep us in sync.  Even though multiple sign-ups hasn't gotten either of us on the invitation list for PowerUp.  So thanks again to those who post the links!

Just got off the phone with CC.  She said I had two profiles and that may have been tripping up the PowerUp invitations.  All fixed and DW and I should both get the next invitation which should go out in 'a week or so.'  She's also having them check on the missing webinar points (luckily I wrote down the date I watched the 'tape').  She was very helpful; let's hope it worked!

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Have you called the Captains Club and asked them? 1-800-760-0654

Just called and had a great conversation with them and, hopefully, all will be resolved in the next few business days. Thanks again for sharing the CC number and letting us know they were open today!!

As far as linkage problem goes, for some reason both of our PUP registrations had my DW's email address, which explains a lot. She then corrected mine with my address and sent an email off to the Loyalty department to get my DW her missing Christmas gift points. She also sent off another email regarding the follow-on Apex seminar 5-point event which we saw but never got credit for. Hopefully, by the middle of next week, all will be fixed.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

DH and I both receive the PUP emails to our separate email accounts.  Each PUP email is addressed to him specifically and to me specifically and has our different names and Captains Club numbers.  We each use our own link to do the PUP activities and receive our own points.

In one activity,  they lost his response. His account showed the same number of points all along, however there was a disclaimer on his account that some points were from a spousal or linked account.  We sent Captains Club an email with proof he had done the activity.  The following month the disclaimer disappeared.

22 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I thought the difference between Select and Elite was profound, Elite to Elite+ meh.  The only perk we enjoyed in Elite+ was the free Cappuccinos in Al Baccio.  Of course all these may be a thing of the past with AI.

It is true that the "Always Included" feature will rob E+ members of the "earned-by-loyalty benefit" of Cappuccinos in Cafe Al Bacio.  However, we don't think that the "AI" will rob E+ members of having two loads of laundry done free (something always helpful, but especially on transoceanic, and other long, cruises).  

ALSO ...

We are under the impression that all E+ members that booked 2021/2022 cruises before "AI" was instituted -- maybe including those that had to "lift and shift" -- should get the "old" benefits (such as those Cappuccinos, the C.C. Elite Cocktail Hour, and some other things).

ALSO ...

Suppose an E+ member books a cruise after the normal "final payment date," and a "Simply Sail" fare is offered and accepted (i.e., no inclusion of any beverage package and Internet).  It remains to be seen if such an E+ member will then continue to receive -- as in past years -- the Cafe al Bacio Cappuccinos, the old Elite Cocktail Hour credits, and the old limited Internet package.  We hope so, because that is what we wish, rather than to have a beverage package and unlimited Internet -- but we have not seen anything published about this yet.

4 minutes ago, jg51 said:

It is true that the "Always Included" feature will rob E+ members of the "earned-by-loyalty benefit" of Cappuccinos in Cafe Al Bacio.  However, we don't think that the "AI" will rob E+ members of having two loads of laundry done free (something always helpful, but especially on transoceanic, and other long, cruises).  

ALSO ...

We are under the impression that all E+ members that booked 2021/2022 cruises before "AI" was instituted -- maybe including those that had to "lift and shift" -- should get the "old" benefits (such as those Cappuccinos, the C.C. Elite Cocktail Hour, and some other things).

ALSO ...

Suppose an E+ member books a cruise after the normal "final payment date," and a "Simply Sail" fare is offered and accepted (i.e., no inclusion of any beverage package and Internet).  It remains to be seen if such an E+ member will then continue to receive -- as in past years -- the Cafe al Bacio Cappuccinos, the old Elite Cocktail Hour credits, and the old limited Internet package.  We hope so, because that is what we wish, rather than to have a beverage package and unlimited Internet -- but we have not seen anything published about this yet.

I would be curious to know from those of you that do have the various levels of status.  Have any of you contacted Celebrity directly, not by call CSR line but via email?  Seems that quite a few posters here have this status, and I would be willing to bet they would listen to what you all have to say, at least to a point.  Perhaps everything would not come back, but I wonder if that would cause them to re-consider some of the favorite perks you enjoyed.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jg51 said:

ALSO ...

ALSO ...

Here is the detailed list of perks for each CC level.  When you book a Simply Sail fare you will get the CC benefits, which for E+ include the free Cappuccinos, laundry, Elite Happy Hour, etc.  Here is the info from the Celebrity site.

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/cc0ce13c#/cc0ce13c/2

If the link doesn’t work the info is under under Captains Club, Tiers and Benefits and keep drilling down to find the chart of all benefits. 

18 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

The PUP program now reminds me of something.....

jumping-through-hoops.jpg

LOL  I am for sure doing it, but also for sure a limited time, with a specific goal to reach Elite +. My DW has already suggest that once achieved, I will want to sail Royal Caribbean and work on getting to Diamond + which we are within a few sailings.  

I tell her it is the  hunt/chase.  I like looking and seeing how to maximize, but once onboard, we chill out and are low maintenance cruisers who avoid high traffic areas 

Edited by shipshape sam

15 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

LOL  I am for sure doing it, but also for sure a limited time, with a specific goal to reach Elite +. My DW has already suggest that once achieved, I will want to sail Royal Caribbean and work on getting to Diamond + which we are within a few sailings. 

If you become Elite + on Celebrity, you are already Diamond + on Royal Caribbean.  It's reciprocal.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

29 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

If you become Elite + on Celebrity, you are already Diamond + on Royal Caribbean.  It's reciprocal.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

Not true. As you can see in your attachment, Celebrity and Azamara are reciprocal at the levels above Elite, but Celebrity and Royal Caribbean stop at the Elite/Diamond level.

I know most on the boards are a much higher level and far more experienced cruisers, but I was very happy to see I moved up to Select on the last set of PUPs! Nice to finally move up (typically only have the opportunity to cruise once per year). Hoping I get to enjoy some of the benefits if our December cruise happens!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, bartnath said:

I know most on the boards are a much higher level and far more experienced cruisers, but I was very happy to see I moved up to Select on the last set of PUPs! Nice to finally move up (typically only have the opportunity to cruise once per year). Hoping I get to enjoy some of the benefits if our December cruise happens!

Everyone starts somewhere! Enjoy your benefits.  I hope your December cruise goes...and my November/ December goes as well!

22 hours ago, jelayne said:

Here is the detailed list of perks for each CC level.  When you book a Simply Sail fare you will get the CC benefits, which for E+ include the free Cappuccinos, laundry, Elite Happy Hour, etc.  Here is the info from the Celebrity site.

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/cc0ce13c#/cc0ce13c/2

If the link doesn’t work the info is under under Captains Club, Tiers and Benefits and keep drilling down to find the chart of all benefits. 

Thanks very much for that helpful link, "jelayne" -- and the tip on how to get to it again.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:22 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Just called and had a great conversation with them and, hopefully, all will be resolved in the next few business days. Thanks again for sharing the CC number and letting us know they were open today!!

As far as linkage problem goes, for some reason both of our PUP registrations had my DW's email address, which explains a lot. She then corrected mine with my address and sent an email off to the Loyalty department to get my DW her missing Christmas gift points. She also sent off another email regarding the follow-on Apex seminar 5-point event which we saw but never got credit for. Hopefully, by the middle of next week, all will be fixed.

Just received an update from the Celebrity CC rep I talked with earlier. Our missing "follow-up" Apex seminar points as well as my DW's missing Christmas Gift points will be posted by Feb 15th. Yay!!!

• Like 2

Am I the only one who hates the social media related Power Up activities?  I am just not into doing these kinds of things.  And who looks at any of them and say wow, look who likes Celebrity I think I'll book a cruise??  The answer is no one.  But since I am Elite Plus and it would take more years than I have left to book tons of cruises in suites to ever reach Zenith  (at which time they would likely change it anyway) I guess I shouldn't let it bother me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Am I the only one who hates the social media related Power Up activities?  I am just not into doing these kinds of things.  And who looks at any of them and say wow, look who likes Celebrity I think I'll book a cruise??  The answer is no one.  But since I am Elite Plus and it would take more years than I have left to book tons of cruises in suites to ever reach Zenith  (at which time they would likely change it anyway) I guess I shouldn't let it bother me.

You are not the only one.  I will not do the social media activities.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

You are not the only one.  I don't do social media thus am not eligible for PUP's that require doing so.  Does not bother me though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

You are not the only one.  I don't do social media thus am not eligible for PUP's that require doing so.  Does not bother me though.

I don't do social media either, but even if I did, I wouldn't do the social media PUPs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I don't do the social media PUPs, plus I don't belong to any social media platforms. But I do the other PUP offers. Not chasing the next tier level but we'll take a CC cruise point or two while being landlocked. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1