Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Webinars cost money to make but the quizzes can’t cost more than about $10 to produce….😎

That’s cheap labor then.  Someone has to write the quiz, then develop the marketing materials for us to read to find the answers to the quiz.  Oh and then program the systems so when we answer the quiz it knows if tge answer are correct. 

Don't believe we will see many more PUP's being earned by quizzes.  First off, my guess, is that their return is not worth the points they provide, ie very few people booking a cruise.  I think I read more people providing and/or looking for the answers without watching the program.  

Secondly, I have read that the volume of people booking in 2024 and 2025 is massive industry wide, thus why mess with PUP's.  Anyone wanting to move to next level should be looking to book a cruise and go have a great time!  Then enjoy the CC points being added to their account and hopefully gaining the next higher CC level.  For the mass majority, Elite Plus is the highest level they will achieve, so if there, like I am, looking to earn more PUP's is just for the 'hunt', not to actually reach the next level.

1 hour ago, shipshape sam said:

Don't believe we will see many more PUP's being earned by quizzes.  First off, my guess, is that their return is not worth the points they provide, ie very few people booking a cruise.  I think I read more people providing and/or looking for the answers without watching the program.  

Secondly, I have read that the volume of people booking in 2024 and 2025 is massive industry wide, thus why mess with PUP's.  Anyone wanting to move to next level should be looking to book a cruise and go have a great time!  Then enjoy the CC points being added to their account and hopefully gaining the next higher CC level.  For the mass majority, Elite Plus is the highest level they will achieve, so if there, like I am, looking to earn more PUP's is just for the 'hunt', not to actually reach the next level.

Making us book cruises with them to earn loyalty points is just so unfair.

• Haha 11

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

New opportunity at last.

30 power up points for watching Webinar with Laura Hodges Bethg.
https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1057106097314956119

To qualify, members must register with their Captain’s Club ID and watch the entire presentation by 10 October 2023.

She seems to be addressing all the stuff thats been moaned about by us ...whether she's genuine or not i haven't quite worked out yet 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just received this, no PUP

For our latest Captain's Club webinar, we turned to our top members to ask them what they wanted to hear, putting together all the topics and questions based on their answers. Listen to Celebrity Cruises President Laura Hodges Bethge talk about her first few months at the helm of Celebrity Cruises, what she's learned, and her hopes for the future. She also addresses some important topics, answers questions, and shares some really interesting news.

image.thumb.jpeg.909a670015035324b9d040ba8ca734f1.jpeg

Edited by gerelmx

Overall I thought it was very good.  

It drove home that they are listening to the social media chatter, whether one agrees with her answer or not. 

IMO it was the webinar, no multi screens, good quality sound and more conversation versus sales pitch

• Like 7

Just finished watching the webinar and thought it was good and covered most of the "hot topics" that I have seen here on CC.  

It is going to be interesting to see how Celebrity handles Coco Cay.  If you sail in a Suite on Royal and go there, you do not have a private beach area like they do at Labadee.  To get access to the Coco Beach Club she mentioned is paid access and it was not inexpensive.  Those Cabana's are in the four figure range for a day. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

New opportunity at last.

To qualify, members must register with their Captain’s Club ID and watch the entire presentation by 10 October 2023.

Thank you for this!

• Thanks 2

Interesting they did ask a lot of the questions that are being debated here of course with a positive spin…but she did admit that infinite verandas don’t work for everyone or her ….maybe we will get some more traditional ones on Edge 5???

Although the all included topic really makes no sense…do they want people to have the option to remove tips???

Edited by Susanb10567

6 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Although the all included topic really makes no sense…do they want people to have the option to remove tips???

The option to remove tips has always been there.  Not sure what you are thinking here.  

5 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

I KNOW ... I heard it as basically saying gratuities are not something everyone wants.  Even saying WiFi and Drinks are all I want??

That was the one thing that stood out for me too, sorry that one didn't fly from a common sense perspective.  Instead it's clearly that gratuities are an assumed cost that everyone (most?) will pay regardless.  Wonder if they realize how that might have come across.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

New opportunity at last.

Watching (?) now. So far none of the questions I had have been addressed.  So far the amount of spin in this webinar is making me dizzy!

For the record I don't remember my mother every baking cookies...chocolate chip or otherwise.

Boy is she making me dizzy!!!!!

Edited by Luvcrusn

45 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

It was very basic, they were clear on their answers and do agree they are aware of social media talk.  Was anything new on information, not really.  

To me it was the message was this:

yes, we have screwed up over the past few months and we actually know we screwed up and we are going to give you three points as an apology for screwing up but we are going to just keep screwing up in the future and will continue to offer more power up points as we do 

• Like 3
  • Haha 11