Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

50 minutes ago, keesar said:

For this one and the previous webinar, I did not receive a separate 'thank you' email.  However, each time there was a "Thank you for watching" screen which was followed by the "GoTo" credit.  I did automatically receive points for  the previous webinar.

I went ahead and played it again on my computer.  I'm hoping that I get credit for one of them.   These 50 PUP point opportunities have put me within reach of Elite +.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I’m thinking that Celebrity did not credit me for watching their glitchy freezing program. That’s because usually I get a little email saying thank you for attending, but today I got one telling me that if I missed it I could watch it and still get the points. But the thing is, I did watch it so I guess I will watch it again. Kind of annoying, but it is what it is.

I think I'm done scrounging around for crumbs. They can keep their points... POWER UP indeed...

Tom

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I think I'm done scrounging around for crumbs. They can keep their points... POWER UP indeed...

Tom

I don't see why anyone would complain watching these infomercials.  😀  Don't we all stay up late at night and watch them on our cable tv network?  

6 minutes ago, keesar said:

I don't see why anyone would complain watching these infomercials.  😀  Don't we all stay up late at night and watch them on our cable tv network?  

🙂

They promise points (in exchange for me sitting through their spiel), then it glitches and I don't get points. Then they offer for me to watch a recorded version, which I do, and again don't get the points. The next time, they do THE SAME CRAP AGAIN.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

I'm not desperate enough for their PUP's to jump though hoops again and again only to have the football pulled away right as I'm about to kick it (yes, another Charlie Brown reference). I'll get to Zenith the old fashioned way, I'll PAY !

Tom

• Like 1

Last month, I got the thanks for attending email on May 6, three days after the live video.  So, I guess I will hold off for a few days to see if I get the email before rewatching the video.

Our video this month was glitchy and froze for 4-5 minutes near the beginning before we refreshed and we picked it up at that point.   

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

🙂

They promise points (in exchange for me sitting through their spiel), then it glitches and I don't get points. Then they offer for me to watch a recorded version, which I do, and again don't get the points. The next time, they do THE SAME CRAP AGAIN.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

I'm not desperate enough for their PUP's to jump though hoops again and again only to have the football pulled away right as I'm about to kick it (yes, another Charlie Brown reference). I'll get to Zenith the old fashioned way, I'll PAY !

Tom

On our last cruise, a bag of laundry was $29.95.  It was a discounted special from $49.95.   If you count the number of minutes spent and frustration watching,  it may be worthwhile to  pay either amount. 

Marketing at its best....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keesar said:

On our last cruise, a bag of laundry was $29.95.  It was a discounted special from $49.95.   If you count the number of minutes spent and frustration watching,  it may be worthwhile to  pay either amount. 

Marketing at its best....

We work hardest for the free stuff.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We work hardest for the free stuff.

And anything on sale.  A retailer once told me he could make a profit on an item if he sold it at $100.  But to sell it, he doubled the price up to $200 and gave 40% off.  Everyone  happy.

39 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

How do enter Capt.club # to get pups?

When you click View Video you'll get a pop-up to allow you to enter your name, email and Captains Club number along with the numbers of those viewing with you. Don't forget to click the little check-box at the bottom of the page otherwise the button to view the video will be greyed out.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

When you click View Video you'll get a pop-up to allow you to enter your name, email and Captains Club number along with the numbers of those viewing with you. Don't forget to click the little check-box at the bottom of the page otherwise the button to view the video will be greyed out.

Thank You

Watch video just started it on my computer. No name, #, or any other data entry. Is this a problem? The email with the link said it was unique to me, so I assumed if I connected it would send an identifier back.

If you click the watch video link in the email you got apologizing for the glitches people complained about, you should have gotten a pop-up that opened with spaces to enter your name, email, captains club # and the captains club number of any other who will watch with you. Then you had to click the box above the view video button to have the button activated. After that the video started for us. We also then got another email that we could click that had the view video button in it that auto-started without filling in any info.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:03 PM, AkSusan said:

No.  Just have to keep a list for yourself.  

I'm confused. If there is no place where you can see PUP that are credited to you CC number, how are people reporting that they did finally see their points posted for xyz?

2 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I'm confused. If there is no place where you can see PUP that are credited to you CC number, how are people reporting that they did finally see their points posted for xyz?

It’s the final total you see on the Celebrity web site, not each individual quiz/ webinar.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:08 PM, alibaba1 said:

Isn't this link specific to your CC number? I assume the question was how can I rewatch the webcast so I can get credit for watching it? Going to the original customized link says that the webinar is over, with no option to rewatch.

I've watched multiple PUP webinars (using the customized link invitation sent to me) and have never had any acknowledgement or feedback that I got any PUP.

3 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I keep track of my current points and then a dated list of additional activites and points associated and then update my list as the points get added.  

You can see your current points by logging into the Celebrity website or on the app.

The website only shows a breakdown of the cruise points you've earned but not the Power Up Point Activities.

🍹

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

It’s the final total you see on the Celebrity web site, not each individual quiz/ webinar.

Ah, OK. So if you would have to do multiple things worth less than 10 PUPs each before you see the needle move. So related question .. isn't there a place on their website where you can see where your points (CC) came from? I know Royal has a cruise history with points rewarded, or at least used to.