Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

The person who first reported the quiz email (Cruise Wonderland) has Hong Kong listed as their home in their Cruise Critic profile.  I am guessing the rest of us in the Western Hemisphere will see the email today.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, capecodmercury said:

Hope this doesn't create an issue with the points.

It hasn't been an issue for me in the past.

I could've answered at least 8 of those questions without reading the materials or looking at the provided answers. 🤣

51 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

It hasn't been an issue for me in the past.

I could've answered at least 8 of those questions without reading the materials or looking at the provided answers. 🤣

Well, at least it was multiple choice - much better than that fiasco a few months back!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

The person who first reported the quiz email (Cruise Wonderland) has Hong Kong listed as their home in their Cruise Critic profile.  I am guessing the rest of us in the Western Hemisphere will see the email today.

1 hour ago, capecodmercury said:

I haven't seen the email either, but the link Cruise Wonderland posted worked.  Only difference was I needed to add my CC number manually.   Hope this doesn't create an issue with the points.

No, I haven't received the email either, and never receive any emails every time.

But the quizzes are usually posted on this link. I just bookmarked this page, and check it regularly every morning.

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/EarnPointsSurvey

Many helpful CC members have shared the PUP activities over the previous hundred of pages and I am always benefited from them. When I spotted the new quiz today, it's my turn to share this opportunity of earning points to everybody. 😁

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Thanks 4

I just got the email and did the quiz from that.  

Because I had to cancel my cruise last week (Covid), I'm losing the 5 points from the shore excursion.  So, I'm not sure if I need the Go Green from the rebooked cruise in July or not, since I don't know where my current count comes from.  I'm trying to reach Elite + by my July 31 cruise.

I'm at 711 now.  I have the 5 coming in from the CEO webinar. That would put me at 716, so the 35 from the July cruise would do it, if the 711 didn't include the shore excursion.  If it did, the 5 points from the webinar replaces, and the 35 would put me at 746, plus anything that comes this month, so far 1 point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I could've answered at least 8 of those questions without reading the materials

Is there a link to materials? 🙏 No email for me yet.
I’m struggling with some of the answers.

Edited by upwarduk

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Is there a link to materials? 🙏 No email for me yet.
I’m struggling with some of the answers.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/destinations/caribbean-cruises?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_23833758&rid=385936182&mes=Celebrity LOY Power Up Points 8 Jun 2022 EM&emsc=CCC_ELT_LUX_NAN_MH_USA_CA_9_TA&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=MAP_CTA&rcid=109807523

That's if you want to actually look for the answers.  You don't have to click through on anything, it's all on the first page.

Edited by abbydancer
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Can't seem to "pass" & NO idea why!!!

(especially since several questions seemed to have more than one answer...)

Edited by KKB

22 minutes ago, KKB said:

Can't seem to "pass" & NO idea why!!!

(especially since several questions seemed to have more than one answer...)

I went to the page and used my browser's find command to find key words in the question.  They were all there.  The questions come directly from the page.

Edited by abbydancer
  • Like 1

Wow. Answers had to be EXACT (cuz "vibe" & "personality" mean different things when referring to Caribbean islands, sheesh)

The Command F only worked once...but once I scanned it again I could easily find the answers.

BTW the Caribbean has over 700 islands, so ALL the answers should be correct. 

Reminds me of a test a bad teacher made years ago. You had to know the answer HE was looking for even when others were officially "correct"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KKB said:

Reminds me of a test a bad teacher made years ago. You had to know the answer HE was looking for even when others were officially "correct"

A high school math teacher I had used to refer to them as "multiple guess tests" or "pick a winner".

Edited by mahasamatman

23 minutes ago, KKB said:

the Caribbean has over 700 islands, so ALL the answers should be correct

Yes, according to Google, so I put in 70 & am wrong!!!

Link has just come (19.00)via email (UK)

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Celebrity gives you the answers they want verbatim. Why would you use Google?

I had only read the first page, I stupidly didn’t realise there were many pages (post#4914)

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Well, at least it was multiple choice - much better than that fiasco a few months back!

Indeed, I believe they learned their lesson on that front. 

And, I not have finished my coffee before making my last comment. I meant to say that I could've answered at least 6 (of the 😎 questions. 🤣

• Like 1