Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

17 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Did they send a link for individual cruises?

They sent a link for a single individual cruise for Step 1 (see the screenshot in my last post).

Step 2--the more important step because it links to the form to claim your points--is not tailored for any particular cruise.  You have to put in your booking number in one of the fields.  So it can be used for any sailing.

I thought it was pretty funny when Captain Kate said that the Mediterranean life style has been good to Captain Kafetzis and that he looks great for being 94! 

Captain Kafetzis had a response choice to make.  Choice #1 is to go with the joke (e.g. "yes, thank you Captain Kate.  I may look great on the outside, but what's under the hood in not so pretty").  Choice #2 is to argue/protest/correct her.  Well, he chose Door #2--"Kate, I am 55!  I am only 55!".

I think in Captain Kafetzis's mind, it was a see-you-after-class moment.

10 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

They sent a link for a single individual cruise for Step 1 (see the screenshot in my last post).

Step 2--the more important step because it links to the form to claim your points--is not tailored for any particular cruise.  You have to put in your booking number in one of the fields.  So it can be used for any sailing.

Is there any way you can send a generic link?

10 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Is there any way you can send a generic link?

I am not sure if I can post it without my CC number and all that being on it.  So I emailed it to you instead.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

Worked great for me, no issues and I agree with @Happy Cruiser 6143 this was the best one by far, now if they can fix the reflection in Lisa's glasses it would be just about perfect!

As far as everyone who had problems.... I can't help but think about when someone has a webinar problem at work and is quick to blame the company when in reality it's a home connection that isn't keeping up.  Seems like they have a lot of viewers with no issues, maybe the problem isn't always on Celebrity's end.

Instead of receiving any kind of confirmation that I watched it (in its entirety), I just received an offer to watch a copy of it if I had problems.

No thanks, no playing that game again. If I don't get these points, I'm done with this.

Tom

28 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Worked great for me, no issues and I agree with @Happy Cruiser 6143 this was the best one by far, now if they can fix the reflection in Lisa's glasses it would be just about perfect!

As far as everyone who had problems.... I can't help but think about when someone has a webinar problem at work and is quick to blame the company when in reality it's a home connection that isn't keeping up.  Seems like they have a lot of viewers with no issues, maybe the problem isn't always on Celebrity's end.

This many people? (And I heard even more complaints on Facebook.)  All of them with an insufficient home connection?  This isn't an isolated few.

For me this is the same home connection I have been using without a single issue for over two years for webinars and video calls (sometimes simultaneously with my husband for work.

I'm really glad it worked for you but it appears the platform is not set up to handle the volume of people that tried watching it live.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

The issue was Celebrity’s. The problem was at their end. I have a 1 gigabyte fiber connection. Getting 940 mbps from my router and I had the black page about a minute in. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, prmssk said:

This many people? (And I heard even more complaints on Facebook.)  All of them with an insufficient home connection?  This isn't an isolated few.

For me this is the same home connection I have been using without a single issue for over two years for webinars and video calls (sometimes simultaneously with my husband for work.

I'm really glad it worked for you but it appears the platform is not set up to handle the volume of people that tried watching it live.

Absolutely correct. I just got an email from them saying that many had problems and that I can watch it by June 7 and get the points. 

I’m thinking that Celebrity did not credit me for watching their glitchy freezing program. That’s because usually I get a little email saying thank you for attending, but today I got one telling me that if I missed it I could watch it and still get the points. But the thing is, I did watch it so I guess I will watch it again. Kind of annoying, but it is what it is.

3 hours ago, dugknight said:

Usually, we can enter more than one Captain's Club number, just in case watching together. I didn't get prompted this time. 

Refreshed a couple times and got it working now.

Us either but did get an email to be able to watch it before June 7th so will do it that way

• Like 1

This was a good one, I must say!  I was glad they followed up so quickly with the link to the recording because I wanted to see this one live and, maybe (just maybe) get a question in.  However, I decided to cut bait after 15 minutes of frozen screens.

But who needs questions? It seems like they could talk about anything while having a good time and making it entertaining.  I actually got a kick out of the reflection on Lisa's glasses.  It just seemed appropriate.  This is the world we live in (or have been living in for a couple of years)!

2 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I also have gigabyte internet and regularly stream HD video (which this is not), web meetings, etc. without any trouble.  The problem was on Celebrity's end, and they all but said so in the email that showed up within a couple hours after the webinar ended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Or maybe it is.  Do you work in IT?

DH and watched separately from two different links, two separate emails and 2 different captains club numbers on two different devices. Neither of us had any glitches. I got a follow up email apology to watch again by June 7, DH didn't get the apology email. We both took screenshots of Thanks for attending screen and The webinar has ended. Now the question. Watch again? One of us? Both of us? Neither? Maybe we'll just log in, let it run and do something else. 

3 hours ago, alibaba1 said:

Unsupported Browser

This application may not work as intended.
Copy & paste the link below

into one of these supported browsers:

Safari 10+

CONTINUE IN AN UNSUPPORTED BROWSERconfused-bot.7c7a3e47.svg

Afraid that link as no help.

Lets hope that thing are sorted for UK viewing at 6pm tonight.🙏

Edited by upwarduk

10 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I just got the same e-mail.  I was hoping to get a "thanks for watching  e-mail.  

For this one and the previous webinar, I did not receive a separate 'thank you' email.  However, each time there was a "Thank you for watching" screen which was followed by the "GoTo" credit.  I did automatically receive points for  the previous webinar.