Cruise Startup Date

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You are there in person while I'm reading news reports and getting second hand info from my daughter, so I'll defer to you.  All I can say is this picture of Kid Rock's made it's way around Social Media:

Eaa_VSyUwAAqPog.jpg.a4b89edc2c7bf6b209ee755ec33a96f6.jpg

This was supposedly June 12, before they were cited.  They may be staying within the capacity of all 3 floors, but it looks like people are all staying on the first floor with no distancing.  My daughter took a look in the window last Friday night and said it was very much like this.  The other bars that my daughter said were closed are Wildhorse and Losers.  Admittedly, neither is directly on lower Broadway.

Some people just don't seem to get it. 🙁

2 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Those are protesters pre-staging before they go outside to protest, where they will most likely continue to not socially distance.  But, yes, its all the bars fault, not the 100's of thousand's who were protesting

There is not a protester on this planet that would be found in Kid Rock's.  😨

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

And that picture could have been taken at ANY TIME. I was right down the street at Crossroads listening to some friends of ours play that same day, ironically enough. There was not hardly any people out that day because of the threats of riots/looting for that weekend. There was constant police presence all over the streets. I'll admit, I didn't go INTO Kid Rocks that day, but I walked by it several times and it never looked like this from the outside.

Edit to add: Losers has actually been closed for a while (it's on 3rd Ave S). It's a very small bar and to be at max capacity isn't really worth them opening because the number allowed would be so low. It's really no great loss for that bar because it isn't worth much. LOL

Wildhorse is more of a venue, than a bar. It often isn't open unless they have something going on in there.

We saw photos of the beach crowd from before COVID19. Shame on them. 

M8

On 6/26/2020 at 6:22 PM, erinsmom03 said:

It won't matter how much people want to cruise... if the ports don't open, there's nowhere to go. I'm seriously nervous that my British Isles cruise for July 2021 won't happen...

I hope it does we're booked too.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:26 AM, Crazy planning mom said:

Well, the fact that the Odyssey is delayed all the way until April 2021, do you think this indicates that cruising may not start until April 2021?  Do you think the cruiselines are waiting until then with the hope that there is a vaccine?  Or possible early2021 starting with the 3-4 day cruises and then expanding to 7 day cruises in the spring?  I have a June 2021 cruise out of Seward, Alaska.  I really want to to go but the news I hear lately isnt optimistic.

I'm hoping for March !

• Like 2

I think it indicates that the ship yard where is was being built had to shut down due to covid…...and then the suppliers had to shut down.....I doubt it is a bellweather for the industry.

Well since i started this thread a while back it has gotten off topic a little bit. We were glad to hear that there will be a Windjammer when they do start back. I don't care if they serve us. They aren't getting rid of it. We like the Jammer!

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 2:38 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I need January but I hope things start sooner so I can get an idea of how things are going on the ships.

We were hoping for October but i don't think that is happening. We are looking into an All Inclusive in Turks and Caicos in October now.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:24 PM, sealeggs said:

We were glad to hear that there will be a Windjammer when they do start back. I don't care if they serve us. They aren't getting rid of it. We like the Jammer!

We do too! We really enjoy lingering, getting into discussions with crew members when traffic slows a bit. And of course having seconds. Shame on me, but fun.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

We do too! We really enjoy lingering, getting into discussions with crew members when traffic slows a bit. And of course having seconds. Shame on me, but fun.

I really hope that between the face shields and everyone treating each other like lepers, getting to know crew and making conversation isn't a casualty. I feel as though when the crew are away from home for so long, it helps them to form relationships with guests as well.

9 hours ago, P_and_L said:

I really hope that between the face shields and everyone treating each other like lepers, getting to know crew and making conversation isn't a casualty. I feel as though when the crew are away from home for so long, it helps them to form relationships with guests as well.

Face shields and cruising...now doesn't that sound like a dream vacation.

11 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Face shields and cruising...now doesn't that sound like a dream vacation.

Yeah doesn't it though.  Not something we will pay for.  There was a poll up here for quite a while, it held steady at 60% said they won't cruise if masks are required.

• Like 3

Here is the deal....you have to trust the american people are going to do what is right on the precautionary measures for covid...there is the MAIN problem! you trust the people in this country forget about it!

On 7/2/2020 at 5:38 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I need January but I hope things start sooner so I can get an idea of how things are going on the ships.

Already gave up on October, January we have alternative plans and at current rates I put a 50/50 on March break. I’d like to see them going sooner as well, like you, to see how it will work on ships. 

5 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Yeah doesn't it though.  Not something we will pay for.  There was a poll up here for quite a while, it held steady at 60% said they won't cruise if masks are required.

Right there with you.  I wear masks here as needed and would accept wearing them on land all the time if mandated in my community. However, I would not be a fan of paying to wear them on a cruise.  I suspect those with the ability to drive to port would be more willing to pay for it. 

• Like 4

We have to wear masks- it is mandatory before entering any kind of store, any kind of public transportation, useing uber oder a regular cab going into a restaurant - walking around a restaurant.

For us here it is the new normal - which will stay for the time beeing.

I am very very curious and also looking forward to my first " little voyage " starting at July 27th.

Tui- Cruises belongs partly to RCI - their ships are comparable to X!

My first ever cruise on board an only German ship , with only Germans around - I never thought I will see that day coming! But there it is... it ´s this or nothing for the moment!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

We have to wear masks- it is mandatory before entering any kind of store, any kind of public transportation, useing uber oder a regular cab going into a restaurant - walking around a restaurant.

For us here it is the new normal - which will stay for the time beeing.

I am very very curious and also looking forward to my first " little voyage " starting at July 27th.

Tui- Cruises belongs partly to RCI - their ships are comparable to X!

My first ever cruise on board an only German ship , with only Germans around - I never thought I will see that day coming! But there it is... it ´s this or nothing for the moment!

What ports are you going too?  Feel like doing a live review?  I bet everyone here would be “on board” with you doing that. 

• Like 5

Only one technical stopp in Oslo ( 3 hours) . No excursions allowed. I am fine with that- since I love sea days anyway. I look really forward to it- the ship is sailing at 60% capacity. So enough room for social distancing.

I already did part of the online check- in. Printed the mandatory health questionare- which really is nothing more then the one we all know and we all fill out before every cruise since years.

Also there are time slots for check in- which will be given just before the departure!

I am sure will do a review- maybe in " Live from one of the first cruises after Lock Down- Style!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Only one technical stopp in Oslo ( 3 hours) . No excursions allowed. I am fine with that- since I love sea days anyway. I look really forward to it- the ship is sailing at 60% capacity. So enough room for social distancing.

I already did part of the online check- in. Printed the mandatory health questionare- which really is nothing more then the one we all know and we all fill out before every cruise since years.

Also there are time slots for check in- which will be given just before the departure!

I am sure will do a review- maybe in " Live from one of the first cruises after Lock Down- Style!

Oh I cannot wait for that!