Can 2 adults book a suite plus a vacant "Spare"?

garyl62

I might be blowing smoke. I remember talk about family suites. Might have been on a video I saw in MC. When it comes to the Edge. You can book S3 and inside cabin, suite 10170 and inside 10168. If you booked the cabins together and pay with one credit card. The inside cabin will have access to Luminae and The Retreat. Why have a inside adjacent cabin 10168 to a suite if the adjacent passengers dont have access to Luminae and The Retreat. I can hear a suite guest now saying. I booked the adjacent inside for my child and his au pair and they cant dine with us? Luminae and The Retreat are much larger on the Edge Class ships. Best to ask a TA or Celebrity.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

How (un)comfortable are those sofa beds?  Any idea?

Our 6’ adult son has never had an issue. They are a full sized bed. I have lay on the beds once or twice out of curiosity to see how comfortable they are and I have found them fine (over several ships). As an older person the only problem I had was standing back up as it is a bit lower than a standard bed. I would guess that the sofa beds on the ships that haven’t yet been refurbished may be showing their age. I believe you can request a ‘topper’ if you need to.

Edited by chemmo

I find the idea of booking the suite and the inside together intriguing in a post covid environment.  Start with the assumption that the cruise line needs to make the choice to sail at less than 100% occupancy for a while.  So this room might Be designated for non-occupancy. Along comes a passenger who wants to book it as a “spare” room.  So the occupancy level would stay the same, but there would be some income derived by allowing this booking.  I would even venture that they might negotiate a reduced rate.  After all, some revenue is better than no revenue for that room.

it would clearly take some negotiating to accomplish this booking but it might be worth the discussion.

I got to thinking about this question, and I remember something that happened on a ship I was on, but it was quite a number of years ago and I cannot remember the specifics. It was on a transatlantic crossing.   Some family was moving from Europe and had booked a room just for suitcases and trunks and cartons full of personal effects.  The speculation was that the price of the room was less than what a moving company would charge them.  Looking back on it, they probably booked one of the family members into that room on paper, rather than booking it as just an empty room. But who knows?  

I wonder how they cleared it all through Customs.........

19 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I might be blowing smoke. I remember talk about family suites. Might have been on a video I saw in MC. When it comes to the Edge. You can book S3 and inside cabin, suite 10170 and inside 10168. If you booked the cabins together and pay with one credit card. The inside cabin will have access to Luminae and The Retreat. Why have a inside adjacent cabin 10168 to a suite if the adjacent passengers dont have access to Luminae and The Retreat. I can hear a suite guest now saying. I booked the adjacent inside for my child and his au pair and they cant dine with us? Luminae and The Retreat are much larger on the Edge Class ships. Best to ask a TA or Celebrity.

But doesn't that question come up quite a lot? Saying that they booked a suite for themselves and an inside for child and nanny and will nanny get access to suite areas. The answer is generally no, unless you are booked in a suite you don't get access to suite areas. I think a child probably would, but not an adult, especially a non immediate family member. I'm assuming that I could book that inside cabin by itself, but that wouldn't afford me the rights to be in the suite areas simply because my cabin is near a suite. 

These suites have an adjacent door that gives you access from inside the suite. This turns it into a family suite. The same type situation is on the M Class ships. You can book royal suite 6137 and concierge 6135. They have a inside adjacent door. I'm not talking about a inside cabin across the corridor from a suite. See photos the dark line through the cabins mean Connecting staterooms. As we know it is up to Celebrity to decide who has access to what. Best to talk to a TA or Celebrity.

IMG_20200701_104732964.jpg

IMG_20200701_104757462.jpg

Great idea. There are couples who have separate bedrooms. We once booked 2 adjoining concierge cabins with our kids and then rearranged who slept in which cabin. They would not book a cabin just for kids.  We left the shared door unlocked and everyone was happy. 

Redtravel, that is very common, but not what the OP desires.  They are looking for a way to book two rooms, one a suite and the other not, for use by two passengers, finding a way to get the suite privileges for both.  That is a completely different situation from yours

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

I found this thread while trying to find out an answer to the question of if you book a sky suite and adjoining inside cabin (in our case, for teen family), can the inside room use Luminae and the Resort. (Booked on the Edge for February 2022.) Will call Celebrity and let you know what they say.

After reading all this thread, I was surprised no actual X or TA response was posted, either by someone directly knowledgeable or by the OP. Would be good to know. You would ‘assume’ that since an Inside cabin is combinable to a Sky Suite that the Inside occupants would be added IF it was under one reservation, but the SRs will still have separate Res #’s. Made bookings for 4 SRs for us and our kids/kid’s kids (hehe) and all were separate reservations. I never understood how they could get an ‘unassigned’ inside SR with no one booked in it but pay for it since the OP was saying their daughter and friend wold be booked in the S3. Oh well. Good TA question. 

this would be interesting to know for future. we just upgraded to S3 for the first time and it’d be great to be able to do this. 

Den

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

After reading all this thread, I was surprised no actual X or TA response was posted, either by someone directly knowledgeable or by the OP. Would be good to know. You would ‘assume’ that since an Inside cabin is combinable to a Sky Suite that the Inside occupants would be added IF it was under one reservation, but the SRs will still have separate Res #’s. Made bookings for 4 SRs for us and our kids/kid’s kids (hehe) and all were separate reservations. I never understood how they could get an ‘unassigned’ inside SR with no one booked in it but pay for it since the OP was saying their daughter and friend wold be booked in the S3. Oh well. Good TA question. 

this would be interesting to know for future. we just upgraded to S3 for the first time and it’d be great to be able to do this. 

Den

As the OP the update I can provide is my wife and her friend are no longer interested in this idea so no inquire was made.

I just talked to Celebrity who said that in a Sky Suite that is combined with an inside cabin that the people in the inside cabin can only use Luminae by paying ($10 for breakfast, $30 for lunch). No Retreat. I'll be interested to hear if anyone else finds out something else.

I was afraid of that. Sounds reasonable though. When I booked my S-3, it listed the premium wine benefits cost and then showed it being deducted, the same with the WiFi and the gratuities and it was major costs so I dont’ see how an Inside Cabin cost would cover the Retreat unless you added a hefty price to it. 

Den

On 6/29/2020 at 9:31 AM, rollie said:

You are going to get a lot of answers here, very few will be correct.  Personally, I don't see a problem with this.  The cabin is paid for.  

Rollie

The cabin is paid for but the inside is not a suite while the other cabin is, therein lies the problem. 

I believe on some sailings these adjoining cabins can be combined as Family Suites and from what I understand all occupants can use Retreat facilities as it is priced as a Family Suite (much higher), not the 2 individual cabin prices.

Search for Family Suite.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:08 PM, Denny01 said:

I was afraid of that. Sounds reasonable though. When I booked my S-3, it listed the premium wine benefits cost and then showed it being deducted, the same with the WiFi and the gratuities and it was major costs so I dont’ see how an Inside Cabin cost would cover the Retreat unless you added a hefty price to it. 

Den

Den - don't worry about the premium wine, I told you one of your AI beverages is on me!!

If all you want is a spare bath get a suite near the spa and gym.  Many times I would use. the facilities in the gym to shower.  They provide towels, soap, shampoo and etc.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On 5/7/2021 at 1:50 PM, Red Hook Mom said:

I found this thread while trying to find out an answer to the question of if you book a sky suite and adjoining inside cabin (in our case, for teen family), can the inside room use Luminae and the Resort. (Booked on the Edge for February 2022.) Will call Celebrity and let you know what they say.

I think it depends on the age of the teens...If they are under 16/18? Yes, if not no.

On 5/7/2021 at 5:43 PM, Red Hook Mom said:

I just talked to Celebrity who said that in a Sky Suite that is combined with an inside cabin that the people in the inside cabin can only use Luminae by paying ($10 for breakfast, $30 for lunch). No Retreat. I'll be interested to hear if anyone else finds out something else.

I would phone back and ask for clarification.