Too Many Emails

pete_coach

Wow, almost every day getting emails from Celebrity.  They are sure trying hard to get business but some of the destinations will not be open this year. Plus the onboard amenities will be restricted. That and the deals do not seem very good. I think there were better offers pre COVID.

I think they have to do much better to entice us (me) back.

Let me preface that I love Celebrity and can't wait to get back cruising with them. However I completely agree. With all of their fake "sales" (the current one is a complete joke) and extremely high prices its disappointing to say the least. They are pushing us towards Oceania and Regent with their current prices. 

I have since opted out of emails. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Let me preface that I love Celebrity and can't wait to get back cruising with them. However I completely agree. With all of their fake "sales" (the current one is a complete joke) and extremely high prices its disappointing to say the least. They are pushing us towards Oceania and Regent with their current prices. 

I have since opted out of emails. 

Fake sales are the bane of cruise lines.  NCL seems to be the worst, jacking up fares big time prior to announcing big sales!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't mind the emails that much (yay for hitting delete key).

What does concern me is how they're pumping up the base fares on cruises a lot of people will try to use their 125% FCC on.  I was one of the lucky, early ones and Lift & Shifted my Dec 2020 cruise to Nov 2021 and actually had a significant fare drop doing so.  Out of curiosity, I just checked the same category suite (S3) on the cruise I'd shifted to, and they've since bumped the price up +$3K for the exact same cabin category (the one right next to mine). 

So, yeah.  That 125% FCC "bonus" is vaporware. 

Edited by mk-ultra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Wow, almost every day getting emails from Celebrity.  They are sure trying hard to get business but some of the destinations will not be open this year. Plus the onboard amenities will be restricted. That and the deals do not seem very good. I think there were better offers pre COVID.

I think they have to do much better to entice us (me) back.

Everyday for me too, so far the deals stink.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Thanks 1

Ohh no to many emails.opt out it’s easy but don’t complain when you miss a deal   Funny what people complain about.  The word to remember they are marketing. Seasoned cruisers see right them.  But it’s funny to see they complain why did they send this out comments.  I look evaluate and move on. It’s no bother in any way. But so many just want something better than they already have.  How did you get there by seeing probably some of these emails. I think so may want each deal to take more off each booking per email .  Not gonna happen 

Edited by bikerunner

13 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Ohh no to many emails.opt out it’s easy but don’t complain when you miss a deal   Funny what people complain about.  The word to remember they are marketing. Seasoned cruisers see right them.  But it’s funny to see they complain why did they send this out comments.  I look evaluate and move on. It’s no bother in any way. But so many just want something better than they already have.  How did you get there by seeing probably some of these emails. I think so may want each deal to take more off each booking per email .  Not gonna happen 

I agree, it is easy to opt out but I do want to get them....occasionally, not every day.

As for missing deals LOL, you are funny LOL. The "deals" being offered are not anywhere near as good as previous. I am not the only one that has noticed that.

Marketing is one thing, used car sales tactics is another LOL

And yes, I do want to see better deals and if they email me with a deal, I am wanting it to be a real deal or better deal.

Turn off cruise line emails now or send them to junk mail.  Once a definitive date of the resumption of cruising is finally announced and you see the first cruise depart- then safe to turn them on again.  Everything in between is a waste of time.

2 hours ago, pete_coach said:

I agree, it is easy to opt out but I do want to get them....occasionally, not every day.

Does your email allow you to set filters? You might be able to reduce the flow that way.