Heard Equinox is not sailing till January 2021?

Harrylinden

There has been massive speculation on restart dates, so January is as good a guess as any. We had a March 2021 cruise on the Equinox that we L&S'd until 2022 as there is still too much uncertainty over the pandemic and Celebrity's plans for health and safety aboard. You might want to ask yourself if you really want to be aboard her in December if she does sail.

• Like 3

You may be interested in this story on CNBC this afternoon.  I was surprised when I saw Fain and Del Rio join together to form a panel of top health advisors to help through the rough patches. CNBC did a five minute segment (unusually long) which is included in the attached story.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/07/cruise-companies-hire-dr-scott-gottlieb-other-coronavirus-experts-to-help-overcome-rough-patch.html?&qsearchterm=cruise%20ship%20health%20panel

I know X needs the money, but I would sure love if this was true to let us all know. I am sure they know the status of the ships the rest of the year but just don't want to let everyone know yet. With everyone having air and hotel reservations it would be nice to get that info to everyone ASAP. 

I need to decide on our Apex T/A in the next couple weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

You may be interested in this story on CNBC this afternoon.  I was surprised when I saw Fain and Del Rio join together to form a panel of top health advisors to help through the rough patches. CNBC did a five minute segment (unusually long) which is included in the attached story.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/07/cruise-companies-hire-dr-scott-gottlieb-other-coronavirus-experts-to-help-overcome-rough-patch.html?&qsearchterm=cruise ship health panel

There is a thread started a day or 2 ago with this info. Also a thread with LLPs letter regarding this panel.

27 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

That's not going to happen.

Probably not. But It would be nice if they cancelled it before final is due and before lift & shift ends at the end of the month. Really hoping they sail it over here for the winter so we can do the May T/A. 

We have the Equinox October 26th booked as a back up...

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

There is a thread started a day or 2 ago with this info. Also a thread with LLPs letter regarding this panel.

SRY. Guess I was late to the party because I watch the financial channel who was late broadcasting the story more than living on her thread. I prefer independent sources than people who share information with an angle or agenda.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

You know what's really annoying?  When someone in a FB group or some other platform says they have "inside information".  No source, nothing official from the company itself.  Inside information could be his/her neighbor's sister who has an aunt who knows someone who sells watches onboard the ship.  Rumors cause such unnecessary stress and panic.  Having said all that....OP, I highly recommend you do a L&S for your December cruise and I certainly would not make final payment.  December is not likely at all.  This is not based on an inside source...just the writing on the wall.  Like Fouremco, we had a cruise booked for March 2021 and did a L&S for 2022.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

The CNBC story dated July 7 sheds no new light on the return to cruising. We have heard it all several times over and should resign ourselves to the fact that, it ain't final 'til it's final. A Yogi-ism of sorts.

We have been booked on a 1/17/21 Equinox cruise for over a year. Twelve nights in the southern Caribbean and seven nice ports-of-call. I have my doubts that it will go and if it does, will probably not look at all like it does now. There are choices still to be made. 

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

You know what's really annoying?  When someone in a FB group or some other platform says they have "inside information".  No source, nothing official from the company itself.  Inside information could be his/her neighbor's sister who has an aunt who knows someone who sells watches onboard the ship.  Rumors cause such unnecessary stress and panic.  Having said all that....OP, I highly recommend you do a L&S for your December cruise and I certainly would not make final payment.  December is not likely at all.  This is not based on an inside source...just the writing on the wall.  Like Fouremco, we had a cruise booked for March 2021 and did a L&S for 2022.

Well said thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

You mean not everything on the Internet may be true? I just can't believe that!! We have a May and August cruise booked on the Infinity for next year and have our fingers crossed that we will sail.🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

I am hoping that cruising starts back before October. If cruise lines can't cruise before May of next year, they will all be bankrupt by then.

In order for ANY ship to sail on October 5th (or later) the provisions would have to be ordered today... 88 days is the minimum, according to a regular CCritic member. Knowing the current situation, does anyone believe that X is ordering anything right now, for any of their ships? That they are ready to announce a restart? That they have started hiring/training again? That protocols are in place and things like port terminal air filtration systems will be completed by October? 

Last I read, too, the crew have not all been repatriated yet. What's the current situation there, does anyone know?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

In order for ANY ship to sail on October 5th (or later) the provisions would have to be ordered today... 88 days is the minimum, according to a regular CCritic member. Knowing the current situation, does anyone believe that X is ordering anything right now, for any of their ships? That they are ready to announce a restart? That they have started hiring/training again? That protocols are in place and things like port terminal air filtration systems will be completed by October? 

Last I read, too, the crew have not all been repatriated yet. What's the current situation there, does anyone know?

I thought it was just the opposite.  I thought that by mid-July RCI would have repatriated all of their crew and they were down to minimum staffing levels.  About 40 per ship.

10 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I thought it was just the opposite.  I thought that by mid-July RCI would have repatriated all of their crew and they were down to minimum staffing levels.  About 40 per ship.

40 per ship..that would be strange for sure 

On 7/7/2020 at 4:45 PM, Harrylinden said:

I heard the Equinox isn't going to sail till January 2021? I have a cruise on her  December 9th 2020! Anyone else hear that and could it be possibly be true?

It's entirely possible nothing will sail before January 2021.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:14 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

OP, I highly recommend you do a L&S for your December cruise and I certainly would not make final payment.  

Good advice.  We shifted all our cruises to late 2021 and 2022 and made other plans for next winter.  It has been so liberating and nice to not wonder about the status of cruises for a while.  And not to have to send the cruise lines any money.

As others have said, who knows which ships will sail first or where.  They aren't going to flip a switch and honor every ship/itinerary all at once.   The cancellation/refund chaos will go on...... 😞

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1