The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

Roy is in the hospital, according to some of his posts on a HAL board.  @May B, I'm not sure how to link one of those posts, but he had chimed in some this morning and he may be able to go home later today.  He had pneumonia and low oxygen, and he had fallen outside his house and called for an ambulance because he was really weak.  I am one of his many fans, so I had tracked him onto those posts at the beginning of the pandemic, and a lot of people have been concerned about him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

Roy is in the hospital, according to some of his posts on a HAL board.  @May B, I'm not sure how to link one of those posts, but he had chimed in some this morning and he may be able to go home later today.  He had pneumonia and low oxygen, and he had fallen outside his house and called for an ambulance because he was really weak.  I am one of his many fans, so I had tracked him onto those posts at the beginning of the pandemic, and a lot of people have been concerned about him.

Thank you. I’d been concerned as well, but hadn’t thought to track his posting activity. 

Hoping for a swift and smooth recovery, @rafinmd Godspeed! 🙏

Edited by BEAV
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Roy,

Yeah,  rest up.

And for gosh sakes ignore the rest of us for a while.  It's a zoo over here(more than usual!)

Roy (and OLoPP) keeps us on a steady, even keel when you abandon the kitchen, go into a phone booth, and put on your DennyDeckPlan suit...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BEAV said:

Roy (and OLoPP) keeps us on a steady, even keel when you abandon the kitchen, go into a phone booth, and put on your DennyDeckPlan suit...

DennyDeckPlan: sounds like the mess hall on an aircraft carrier.

Yeah, that's not a very good comeback, but with this darn covid recovery, I may have lost a step(protip, don't catch this stuff.)  Anyway, glad for the excitement of the last 48 hours or so, it's helped keep me going.  Gonna be a little while before I man the stoves.

Also, and while it's completely predictable,  there is a WHOLE lot of "but this isn't the new Crystal I had in mind" consuming the board.  I mean, of course it isn't.  But there are turndown chocolates.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KenzSailing said:

OK, enough.  This little backwater is for folks trying to stay off topic, and have some fun doing so.

There are plenty of threads for you old bulls to lock horns with the same tired old fights.  Please head back there.  

Amen, Brother! How are you feeling? All well and ready to rumble?

Patty

• Like 2