If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

8 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We were in the Keys in October.  Mask law in effect then.  Even then we only wore them to the beach and not on the beach when we were in our chairs.  Sorry but that’s crazy.  Fresh air is good for you.  We avoided the bars which had just opened and opted for eating outside only, hanging out by the pool or beach.  It was a nice get away.

Politics is part of us everywhere. Fresh air is good for you and getting some Sun with Vitamin D 3 is good for you against the virus. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Something tells me he knows how the virus propagates more than you do.

Thanks. He also missed my entire point which is when you are out in the fresh air and no one is around you, that is the time to get some good clean air into your lungs unimpeded, or contaminated,  by a mask that you have been breathing through for who knows how long. But apparently @Pizzastevewas just waiting to spring his diatribe on someone.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The vacation is over. 😢  He has actually been flying a lot lately. Havana, San Salvador and other places.

I highly suspect I would bore your husband to death. He would be on vacation and all I would want to talk about is flying planes... and I'm talking details... I want all the steps to get a 787 from 36,000 to the gate.😯😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I stayed at that resort.The buffet was great and they kept pouring wine. The grounds were beautiful with Peacocks, Flamingos and those wierd raccoon type animals. It is too large though. I prefered Dreams because it was smaller, did not have to wear wristbands or make reservations and could walk right out to the beach.

we did a night snorkel from iberostar and I agree, much too big.  We were at Fiesta Americana a couple of weeks ago and it was perfect.  We just wore masks when walking in to eat on resort or walking into a local spot like Punta Sur or Chankanaab.  There were less people at my resort then at my Wal-Mart.  As a side note and Ive posted this before - After a nice few days in Cozumel in Feb/March and in Spanish Wells in December plus other land trips, cruising is looking less attractive if rumored changes occur.  

Edit:  I should clarify that we wore masks where required.  Even though we are both fully vaccinated, we will respect the establishment that we are at rules.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Of course it has. That’s because the other sheep aren’t doing their part. Had they been, we would be in a much better place than we are now. 

("The other sheep" refers to anti-maskers)   This X 1000 ^^^^^

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

Sad when someone attempts to shame someone for caring about the health of others rather than being a selfish ass who only cares about themselves.

IMHO, that is not shaming anyone at all. It is common sense that a mask IS NOT NECESSARY when OUTDOORS and no one is around. Take in the fresh air when no one is around without a mask on, especially when the ultra violet rays from the sun are killing the virus.

I have been and still am a HUGE proponent of wearing masks INDOORS in all venues and keeping distance from others at all times and I'm fully immunized at this point. I am, however, smart about it when it comes to the air I breath OUTSIDE with NO ONE around me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to those who commented on the Keys. Having never been there before, I'm looking forward to going to Key West next week as part of a trip down to Southwest Florida to see my dad. He spends the winters down near Naples. We're planning to take the Key West Express, which is a ferry boat that goes from Fort Myers to Key West. Not too chuffed about having to mask up outdoors, though. We had to do that at Disney back in December and it was kinda dumb. Even the sainted Dr Fauci doesn't recommend masks when one is out in the fresh air. Do they allow open containers in Key West? (asking for a friend, LOL)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thanks to those who commented on the Keys. Having never been there before, I'm looking forward to going to Key West next week as part of a trip down to Southwest Florida to see my dad. He spends the winters down near Naples. We're planning to take the Key West Express, which is a ferry boat that goes from Fort Myers to Key West. Not too chuffed about having to mask up outdoors, though. We had to do that at Disney back in December and it was kinda dumb. Even the sainted Dr Fauci doesn't recommend masks when one is out in the fresh air. Do they allow open containers in Key West? (asking for a friend, LOL)

I have never been to KW either but very much want to. I think the Key West Express would be a fun way to get there. And a friend of mine is also interested in the answer to the open containers question.😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Take in the fresh air when no one is around without a mask on, especially when the ultra violet rays from the sun are killing the virus.

Where do you come up with this. Simply unknown 

https://www.nationalacademies.org/based-on-science/covid-sunscreen#:~:text=Scientists are still studying whether,sun destroys the coronavirus.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have heard these claims about UV rays destroying the virus on news casts on TV and that was early on in the pandemic.

The following is an excerpt from the article you linked.......

One recent study tested whether UVB rays could affect the novel coronavirus. In order to control the environment, the study team simulated sunlight with a lamp that emitted only UVB rays and exposed surfaces to the lamp’s light. The simulated sunlight destroyed the novel coronavirus in less than 20 minutes.

Edited by coffeebean

I would like to add to my above post regarding sunlight killing the corona virus that causes Covid........... Early on, when I heard these reports on TV, I have always felt safe without a mask outdoors as long as I was not close to anyone. I never thought there was enough viable virus swirling around in the air outside to infect me or anyone else. That is the take away I got from listening to the experts discuss the effects of sunlight's UV rays on the virus.

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I have heard these claims about UV rays destroying the virus on news casts on TV and that was early on in the pandemic.

The following is an excerpt from the article you linked.......

One recent study tested whether UVB rays could affect the novel coronavirus. In order to control the environment, the study team simulated sunlight with a lamp that emitted only UVB rays and exposed surfaces to the lamp’s light. The simulated sunlight destroyed the novel coronavirus in less than 20 minutes.

Your study is on surfaces. Your original post is in regards to air, not surfaces. TV is not a good source for “facts”.  Just ask Ace. 

There are a few studies on UV but that was on the regular Corona Virus and not SARS-2 (COVID19).  Corona virus has been around for a long time. 

People lose a lot of credibility when they say they get their “facts” from TV. 

SMH

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. He also missed my entire point which is when you are out in the fresh air and no one is around you, that is the time to get some good clean air into your lungs unimpeded, or contaminated,  by a mask that you have been breathing through for who knows how long. But apparently @Pizzastevewas just waiting to spring his diatribe on someone.

Yes.  He was looking for an outlet to spill his hatred. JMHO and YMMV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure this has been posted here yet, ""None of the Major Cruise Lines have yet to make Vaccines a requirement. Carnival Corp's CEO Arnold Donald told Financial Times over the Weekend that the Company probably will not require Cruise passengers to be Vaccinated"  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Your study is on surfaces. Your original post is in regards to air, not surfaces. TV is not a good source for “facts”.  Just ask Ace. 

There are a few studies on UV but that was on the regular Corona Virus and not SARS-2 (COVID19).  Corona virus has been around for a long time. 

SMH

What is the difference if the virus is on a surface vs floating around in the air? What am I missing. As for getting information from news sources, those news sources have their expert physicians and virologists that spokes people during this pandemic. I do listen to them and believe what they say. They are the experts and I trust their credentials. Same goes for what I hear Dr. Fauci say to the American people via TV time on the air. I trust that man but I know many many people have lost faith and trust in him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I was there over Xmas.  I had drinks in hand walking down Duval.  I guess it's legal, nobody said I couldn't.  The police were asking you to pull it up on Duval.  Just did and then pulled it back down.  On side streets I never saw any cops. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not sure this has been posted here yet, ""None of the Major Cruise Lines have yet to make Vaccines a requirement. Carnival Corp's CEO Arnold Donald told Financial Times over the Weekend that the Company probably will not require Cruise passengers to be Vaccinated"  

Great.  If they're the only one we will be switching to them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

SMH

Yes and there's no telling the damage done when the media spreads a falsehood as though it were true. A certain well-known major newspaper recently had to admit that it falsely attributed comments to a certain former president about election interfering. Too late, the false story made the rounds for weeks and there's no putting that genie back in the bottle. More evidence why I don't trust the media-there's no accountability for them. (and I am neither a friend nor foe of said former president)

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

I was there over Xmas.  I had drinks in hand walking down Duval.  I guess it's legal, nobody said I couldn't.  The police were asking you to pull it up on Duval.  Just did and then pulled it back down.  On side streets I never saw any cops. 

Can add my own experience to exactly this.  We just returned a week ago. Typically we only walked Duval in the daytime, and there were usually a couple of police officers in a 10 block area, asking everyone to put on a mask.  If people didn’t have one they handed them one.  All of the stores and shops required masks to enter.  Restaurants when you weren’t at your table or bar.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I highly suspect I would bore your husband to death. He would be on vacation and all I would want to talk about is flying planes... and I'm talking details... I want all the steps to get a 787 from 36,000 to the gate.😯😊

Same here.  I have a love/hate relationship with flying.  I’m fascinated by it, yet I hate to fly.  I think it’s because I don’t understand how it works & what all the noises and sensations are.  If only I could sit in the cockpit and have the pilot explain everything!

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

What is the difference if the virus is on a surface vs floating around in the air? What am I missing

If you don’t understand the difference from a virus on a surface vs an Aerosol (airborne), it’s beyond me to explain. How is COVID19 most likely spread?  

M8 

• Like 3

Back to the original question, I have been vaccinated as a HCW and DW has her second shot next week.  We are set for vaccines.  I do hope and expect that initial cruises might require vaccination for its passengers and crew.  This would be a wise precaution, even when considering reduced capacities.

I recently submitted the RCCL survey as well and indicated my preference for both vaccinated passengers/crew and no masks (in most situations).  I am not adverse to masking when it makes sense (I have been using one plus face shields for my hospital work for decades but in the last full year using them with every single patient encounter, even for office visits and staffing our covid vaccine clinics the past two months).  Certainly wear a mask if you are feeling ill (better yet, stay isolated, rest and recover, and don't go out in the public).  Masks and school lockdowns and social distancing and better hand hygiene all have contributed to the very low influenza rates this year so far.  But masks outdoors in open spaces and not around other people makes little sense.  Maybe in confined spaces in a mixed crowd wearing a mask may be prudent but still questionably necessary to protect oneself.

All these measures (even the vaccines) will not fully eradicate the covid virus and its variants and using some common sense with these measures will allow us to get back to some normalcy.

I am a glass half full person and strive to be hopeful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sky616 said:

Great.  If they're the only one we will be switching to them.

But if unvaccinated passengers are allowed on board, that would increase the probability that masks would be needed.  Are you that against a shot to have to put up with wearing a mask?