If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Seems a no brainer to me, but   it's a roll of the dice as to how (if?) someone will come out of this once infected. I must admit that everyone I know that got it came out in good shape; however, all of them were around 10-20 years older than I am. 

I wish that I could say the same.

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

I truly believe people have become numb to the death counts. They want to believe there is another reason for the cases and deaths. If 3,000 people a day died from plane crashes we would be horrified. Hundreds of thousands of healthcare workers have had their first vaccine and I am one of them. We have seen the horrific sites and will do anything to get this under control. 

I think most people realize that the vast majority of deaths are in the elderly with co-morbidities and in a lot of cases, already very ill.  In our county 106 out of 154 deaths have been in the 80+ age group and 26 in the 70-79 and almost all were in nursing homes/LTC.  The rest have been between 30-69, more than likely with underlying issues.  Very, very few really healthy people will die from it.   As a healthcare worker you must know the avg death rate in this country is about 7800 day (2018 numbers) so a lot more than 3,000 die every day on average.  Why not get as upset by the cancer death rate?  BTW, what do you do in healthcare?  We have a DR and a few RN's in the family.  I also know that they are treating patients in hospitals with the cocktail of drugs that the Pres took and it's preventing most ventilator use, which most places don't go near if they can avoid it, as has been told to me by healthcare worker friends/family.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

I personally think PCR tests are being used to inflate #'s so more people will be willing to get vaccinated.  

The venerable population should get the vaccine - I however don't really want to get the vax.  My body doesn't need it - more than capable of getting Covid and recovering fine.  Unfortunately, might be a requirement to cruise or fly... We'll see. 

You know, I really don't disagree with a lot of what you say. I, too, have a lot of confidence in my immune system as it has served me well and we all learn from our life experiences. I don't really have much concern being around ill people. However, this virus has been a bit more unpredictable and people who I didn't expect to have done much worse with it than I thought would happen. Granted that can happen with almost any pathogen. But this one seems a bit different. And that has taught me to be a bit more cautious with it than I have been in the past with other contagious diseases. And I do think that I have been able to keep Fauci, the politians, and the media hype at arms lenght. Just a bit if my perspective....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You know, I really don't disagree with a lot of what you say. I, too, have a lot of confidence in my immune system as it has served me well and we all learn from our life experiences. I don't really have much concern being around ill people. However, this virus has been a bit more unpredictable and people who I didn't expect to have done much worse with it than I thought would happen. Granted that can happen with almost any pathogen. But this one seems a bit different. And that has taught me to be a bit more cautious with it than I have been in the past with other contagious diseases. And I do think that I have been able to keep Fauci, the politians, and the media hype at arms lenght. Just a bit if my perspective....

Appreciate your insight!  

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

The operant word being "most"....but surely doesn't imply all. I'm not willing to roll the dice on it and so have been as cautious as possible. Could well be thousands+ people who are gone who also may have thought that they'd be strong enough to fight it off and perhaps didn't take precautions. 

And those people were not responsible for themselves. 

2 hours ago, BND said:

I think most people realize that the vast majority of deaths are in the elderly with co-morbidities and in a lot of cases, already very ill.  In our county 106 out of 154 deaths have been in the 80+ age group and 26 in the 70-79 and almost all were in nursing homes/LTC.  The rest have been between 30-69, more than likely with underlying issues.  Very, very few really healthy people will die from it.   As a healthcare worker you must know the avg death rate in this country is about 7800 day (2018 numbers) so a lot more than 3,000 die every day on average.  Why not get as upset by the cancer death rate?  BTW, what do you do in healthcare?  We have a DR and a few RN's in the family.  I also know that they are treating patients in hospitals with the cocktail of drugs that the Pres took and it's preventing most ventilator use, which most places don't go near if they can avoid it, as has been told to me by healthcare worker friends/family.

This is exactly what I am talking about. Trying to compare this to something else makes no sense. I am a Dr and work frontlines. This is nothing like cancer and there is aggressive research hoping to find cures for that too. The very thought that because you are old and have other health problems it is ok to die from Covid is very disrespectful. Add 3000 plus deaths to your 7800 deaths per day you quoted. I am sorry to tell you this is real and killing more than should die. That wonderful cocktail you talk about is not available everywhere and we are still reusing our PPE. Things are not right in our world. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I truly believe people have become numb to the death counts. They want to believe there is another reason for the cases and deaths. If 3,000 people a day died from plane crashes we would be horrified. Hundreds of thousands of healthcare workers have had their first vaccine and I am one of them. We have seen the horrific sites and will do anything to get this under control. 

And what do you suggest we do?  Because lock downs aren’t working.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

And what do you suggest we do?  Because lock downs aren’t working.  

Be patient, wear masks and stop gathering close together. Give the vaccine time to work.  I have worn masks for years both to protect myself and others. They do work. Oncology patients have worn them for years to prevent getting sick. They do work. I have never had a problem from wearing a mask up to 12 hours at a time and I have asthma.  I have practiced medicine for over 25 years and have never experienced anything like this. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Be patient, wear masks and stop gathering close together. Give the vaccine time to work.  I have worn masks for years both to protect myself and others. They do work. Oncology patients have worn them for years to prevent getting sick. They do work. I have never had a problem from wearing a mask up to 12 hours at a time and I have asthma.  I have practiced medicine for over 25 years and have never experienced anything like this. 

We are wearing masks.  Perhaps we need better masks

We will be getting the vaccine so not an issue with that.  We will not however go on a cruise that requires a mask.  We have cruises booked for Oct, 21 and Jan, 22.  We very much want to go but will cancel if masks are required.  We just would not enjoy that requirement.

7 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Yea pretty much a guarantee at this point.  Move on.  

Curious, why is it guaranteed that you would survive and be just fine?   

My BIL who is in excellent health, great shape, eats healthy, exercises all the time (various forms) and no underlying health conditions and he just spent 2 months in the hospital fighting for his life (just got released last weekend).     

Yes, there are various therapeutics but not all hospitals have them - such as the monoclonol antibodies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

This is exactly what I am talking about. Trying to compare this to something else makes no sense. I am a Dr and work frontlines. This is nothing like cancer and there is aggressive research hoping to find cures for that too. The very thought that because you are old and have other health problems it is ok to die from Covid is very disrespectful. Add 3000 plus deaths to your 7800 deaths per day you quoted. I am sorry to tell you this is real and killing more than should die. That wonderful cocktail you talk about is not available everywhere and we are still reusing our PPE. Things are not right in our world. 

Thank you for your wisdom.  For some weird reason, some folks believe bloggers rather than medical professionals such as yourself.

You make the excellent point that the treatment received by the powerful is certainly not available to the poor or even the "average Jane and Joe."  Mistakes, some terrible, have been made in the last ten months.  They have been compounded by those who don't understand that making sacrifices is not an infringement of their "rights."  The point now is to listen to the professionals, not the pseudo pundits, and correct those mistakes so that more will survive.

7 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Are you saying this about thouse who have died from Covid? 

I’m saying it about the majority of the people who have become positive. It’s simple, don’t put yourself into environments/situations that are not safe. Be responsible for yourself. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2

On 12/27/2020 at 10:14 PM, yogimax said:

If you heard that someone had claimed to be visited by a raccoon from outer space wouldn't you pay attention?

Sure would....I'd assume there's a new strain of shrooms.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Curious, why is it guaranteed that you would survive and be just fine?   

My BIL who is in excellent health, great shape, eats healthy, exercises all the time (various forms) and no underlying health conditions and he just spent 2 months in the hospital fighting for his life (just got released last weekend).     

Yes, there are various therapeutics but not all hospitals have them - such as the monoclonol antibodies.

Because healthy 36 year olds aren't dying from Covid19.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m saying it about the majority of the people who have become positive. It’s simple, don’t put yourself into environments/situations that are not safe. Be responsible for yourself. 

M8

Some people have to work with the general public and/or can't control their environment. 

We are lucky to live in an affluent area with good outside spaces within walking distance, and also lucky we are now both retired and don't have to go out to work. But if I was still working it would be in a crowded airport terminal dealing face to face with the general public from all around the world.  I don't believe you can presume the majority who got covid got it because they didn't take the best possible care they could.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, yogimax said:

But... they are giving it to others who may be vulnerable and will die.

Not that I believe anything coming from China... they say asymptomatic positives are not transmitting the disease.  So, if you stay away from people, especially people who are sneezing and coughing, the odds of contracting the virus is pretty small.  Has worked for me so far, and I imagine about 80+% of the people who have behaved cautiously since March.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Not that I believe anything coming from China... they say asymptomatic positives are not transmitting the disease.  So, if you stay away from people, especially people who are sneezing and coughing, the odds of contracting the virus is pretty small.  Has worked for me so far, and I imagine about 80+% of the people who have behaved cautiously since March.  

Your logic is flawed. Let’s suppose that asymptotic don’t transmit (no firm evidence to support this) you transmit virus in large quantities before you have symptoms. Staying away from symptomatic individuals will help some but those who become symptomatic a day or two after you see them are the most dangerous. 

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

But... they are giving it to others who may be vulnerable and will die.

How do you know that?    Have you read anything about asymptomatic spread?  What if they are wearing masks while around other people?  Are they still giving it to them then?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

How do you know that?    Have you read anything about asymptomatic spread?  

I'll keep it simple.  This from UCHealth...

"Do people without any symptoms of COVID-19 help spread the virus? The alarming answer is yes."