Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I haven't heard anything from RCI about my excess amount that will be left over from my April 2022 cruise. Do I need to call or is it processing and they will contact me? 

I haven’t heard back either, I think they are behind.  You should be able to call and get the excess applied. My main point was that this new policy will stop FCC’s from carrying over beyond April 2022 in most cases. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Powersurge! said:

Were you successful in getting your FCC as a refund?

I seem to be in the same situation as you.  I was going to cruise may 2020 but I cancelled and was given FCC. I booked a July 2021 cruise and it was cancelled on me.

Now i'm looking to book June or July 2022.

When trying to book online, its show i can use my FCC for that cruise?  i'd like to experiment and book it and see if the FCC is truly applied.   But if it isnt?.. could i cancel and get my deposit back on my CC?  Is there a 24hr or 48hr window to cancel for full refund?  Anyone know?  Thanks!

The rep said it would take 30-45 days to get the refund.  I would not take the chance I think it is a glitch based on what we were told would just call.  Sorry can’t answer your question but in my opinion is not worth the risk.

31 minutes ago, carden said:

Does anyone have any information on when April 2022 Asia cruises will be released and also the Transpacific from Asia to Vancouver or Seattle.  It looks like it would be Serenade of the Seas.

I also check about this every week, but find no updates until now.

Yes, it is likely to be Serenade. She will probably enter drydock in Singapore in March 2022, and then have the reposition cruise from Singapore to Japan, from Japan to Vancouver. The port schedule of Hong Kong has Serenade on the list for 3rd April 2022.

On 12/5/2020 at 7:02 AM, Powersurge! said:

Has anyone tried using a FCC for a cruise past April 2022?  I'm looking at British Isles 12 day in June or July, when on Royals site it lets me "apply" the FCC for a June or July 2022 cruise.   I haven't gone as far as putting my credit card in for a deposit to confirm if my FCC will be applied or not, was hoping someone could tell me if they've done it?

Yesterday I called to inquire if I could change a December 2021 booking with FCC as deposit.  They said yes I could change the ship and sailing date and transfer the FCC deposit to the new booking.  Next step was to tell them I wanted a 7 day cruise on Voyager July 3, 2022.  By the end of the call, I got what I wanted and I was happy.  Maybe it was just a fluke, but there's a lot of FCC's out there and it seems they're making an effort to be accommodating if it makes sense.  In my case, they were getting an add-on to the original FCC deposit and the July 2022 cruise fare was a lot higher than December 2021.

• Like 1

We're suffering serious cruise withdrawal, having had 3 cancelled.  Since it looks like there will be no safe cruising until 2022, we saw a 6 day Italy and Adriatic itinerary for October 30, 2022.  It starts in Ravenna and ends in Rome.  We booked last night, with the thought that a TA back to the states will follow.  If that's the case, we'll do the B2B.  Hoping they come out with the TA's soon.

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I haven’t heard back either, I think they are behind.  You should be able to call and get the excess applied. My main point was that this new policy will stop FCC’s from carrying over beyond April 2022 in most cases. 

Any specific number to call to get this done ? I would like to get the excess from April 2022 applied to July 2022.

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Any specific number to call to get this done ? I would like to get the excess from April 2022 applied to July 2022.

Unfortunately you can’t.  The FCC’s have a sail by date of April 30, 2022.

I’m sure this is why they started reissuing them right away....so they don’t have to carry them over. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately you can’t.  The FCC’s have a sail by date of April 30, 2022.

I’m sure this is why they started reissuing them right away....so they don’t have to carry them over. 

So what are my options? I applied it to April 24, 2022 (Eastern Caribbean) already and am not sure if I can change that apply date ??

My other cruise dates are Oct 14, 2021 (Canada/New England which may not sail), March 20, 2022, March 27, 2022 (San Juan).

Appreciate your help with this...as I thought a new FCC would be issued for the excess amount and a new sail by date.

Edited by Ashland

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

So what are my options? I applied it to April 24, 2022 (Eastern Caribbean) already and am not sure if I can change that apply date ??

My other cruise dates are Oct 14, 2021 (Canada/New England which may not sail), March 20, 2022, March 27, 2022 (San Juan).

Appreciate your help with this.

You can apply the remaining balance to an earlier cruise.  Call guest relations 800 256 6649

Edited by Ourusualbeach

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can apply the remaining balance to an earlier cruise.  Call guest relations 800 256 6649

Thank you so much !!

And the date I have to do that by ?

Edited by Ashland

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

For any solo 340+ cruisers, Jewel in 2022 seems to be allowing DP340 in July and August.  

I never used the solo rate. What months are ineligible for the solo rates? Can you put that in the promo code part of the website?

1 minute ago, irishgal432 said:

I never used the solo rate. What months are ineligible for the solo rates? Can you put that in the promo code part of the website?

It has excluded July and August as well as Christmas and New Years sailings.  Yes just enter DP340 in the promo code box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

You have to apply it by December 31, 2021 for cruises sailing before April 30, 2022. 

As I mentioned earlier I was able to get around the "sail by April 30, 2022" by applying FCC to a December 2021 cruise and later on, requesting to change that booking to a new one in July 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2020 at 2:54 PM, mac_tlc said:

Looks like only one port difference between the two. Molde, Norway in June vs Geraingrer in July. Never been to any of them. We picked June because my wife and my birthday is 6/22, and it will be near the top of the world on the day with the most daylight. Also already have Harmony in August, so June was better for us. 

mac_tlc

Gerainger is one of the most spectacular ports to see. We were there in 2013.  The bus trip to Flydalsjuvet is not for the faint of heart but the views are amazing.  

With that being said, you will love Molde and the arctic circle and Honningsvag are the important stops along the way, as well as Tromso.  If you are interested in seeing Gerainger there are a lot day tours from Alesund that you might be able to book as an excursion. Your port stop is scheduled for 10 hours so it might be doable. I'm envying you. I desperately want to get back to Norway.  

Watching the sun move across the horizon all night long is a very neat experience.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boogybaby said:

Hi, does anyone know if Antham will have a transatlantic in April 2022? 

I don't know for sure but I think there's a good chance it'll be at the beginning of May rather than April. She finishes her season in Cape Liberty on the 1st of May and then reappears for her first summer 2022 sailing out of Southampton on the 13th. I would think that 12-day period in between would be for a transatlantic, possibly similar to the one that's supposed to depart in April 2021 and is unfortunately likely to be cancelled. 

Edited by FionaMG

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Does anyone know which cruises will be released next. I want to get a jump early on new prices before they go up.

Nothing released by Royal but I don’t expect any more until at least January and it could very well be March. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Does anyone know which cruises will be released next. I want to get a jump early on new prices before they go up.

I booked my Arctic Circle the minute it opened and it went up within one day...glad I jumped on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

I don't know for sure but I think there's a good chance it'll be at the beginning of May rather than April. She finishes her season in Cape Liberty on the 1st of May and then reappears for her first summer 2022 sailing out of Southampton on the 13th. I would think that 12-day period in between would be for a transatlantic, possibly similar to the one that's supposed to depart in April 2021 and is unfortunately likely to be cancelled. 

Thanks, I’m wanting to lift and shift my Antham transatlantic  April 2021 to 2022, I wonder why it wasn’t released with the other transatlantics?