Giant hole

MeganGC1983

It’s Sunday! Last time I was here I was getting on the Carnival Dream. (I know that’s been awhile!) but someone should be getting on the Dream or the Glory or the Valor today. And the giant hole where the cruise ship should be in NOLA made me sad. 

1A83810A-5329-4DEE-8A5C-5BE22F4E85C7.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I thought it was going to be about something like the blue hole. Or maybe the Grand Canyon. I know the “giant hole” in Galveston has been filled by some sort of tanker ship.

I’m just sad and in NOLA. And drinking on a riverboat. 

• Like 2

Carnival did more the Dream last year but I miss her. We had the greatest cruise in 2018. I would love to see the glory or Valor dock there right now. I hope the ships are back soon. It will probably March at the earliest for New Orleans.

• Like 1

I was planning on cruising this year and possibly next spring/summer.

Really looking forward to this again.

31F1310E-DB5D-4938-8BD4-E701D598FF9D.jpeg

4032674F-93A7-4530-BDC2-57C9429C9BE1.jpeg

F0D14D7F-6664-4715-A9BC-9682A6979A6B.jpeg

2297C214-736E-49CC-ABC3-F79D9F4BA8A0.jpeg

You know what really breaks my heart is this now 😞 

91-DIVOC-countries-(None).png

Edited by chipmaster
  • Like 1

Chipmaster - very nice photos. Even though the ship looks quite budget looking and the swimming pool is not of a big one, it still nice to see people enjoying their time on board. I mean, a loved one, free time, nice views and good food - what else a person need on vacation, right? I really hope we will be back on our cruise track again! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Be thankful that you are on a vessel in the water. Many of our Citizens are locked in their homes. 

And come the fall, many restricted at home might be without any football to watch as COVID causes the sports season to collapse.

4 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

My thought went directly to the hole on the Glory from the collision in December.

Did Carnival ever finish repairing that hole ?

I think it's still patched. It seems like this would be a good time to repair something like that but they may not want to put money into an old ship like that right now not knowing what the future will bring.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Ridiculous to bring these posts to this thread.

Ridiculous not to!! Sheesh...

Especially when a thread itself is ridiculously complacent & selfish.

Giant holes where a cruise ship used to be?? Are you serious!!!

Cruise Critic members are concerned about refunds & cancelations & are forgetting about the giant holes being dug all over the world due to Covid-19...

3500.jpg

😔

Edited by ObstructedView2

25 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Ridiculous not to!! Sheesh...

Especially when a thread itself is ridiculously complacent & selfish.

Giant holes where a cruise ship used to be?? Are you serious!!!

Cruise Critic members are concerned about refunds & cancelations & are forgetting about the giant holes being dug all over the world due to Covid-19...

My suggestion to you would be stick to the Covid-19 threads. You don't have to make every thread about people missing cruising on a cruise message board into Covid-19 shaming thread. Life is going on. People are working, People are gambling. People are traveling. People are playing sports. People are watching sports. People are booking cruises. It's like there are two types of people on this board now. People who want to cruise and people who want to tell people why they shouldn't want to cruise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

My suggestion to you would be stick to the Covid-19 threads. You don't have to make every thread about people missing cruising on a cruise message board into Covid-19 shaming thread. Life is going on. People are working, People are gambling. People are traveling. People are playing sports. People are watching sports. People are booking cruises. It's like there are two types of people on this board now. People who want to cruise and people who want to tell people why they shouldn't want to cruise.

I could not agree more.  Some people don't choose to think about death and destruction every minute of every day.  There will always be horrible things going on in the world.  Does that mean nobody should ever think of anything else?  

I cruised on the Dream out of NOLA and had a great time.  I don't live close to any ports, so I don't see the emptiness firsthand.  Someday, they will be back and I will have a new appreciation for the freedom of cruising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I could not agree more.  Some people don't choose to think about death and destruction every minute of every day.  There will always be horrible things going on in the world.  Does that mean nobody should ever think of anything else?  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29skp53gnhfwueekfasp

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Good to see that #9 is not licking his fingers like he used to do pre and post snap

I think they started spraying the balls with apple bitter, like you use to keep a dog from chewing furniture. So one lick and it makes his fingers taste bitter.

😂