The Daily for Saturday Aug 22, 2020

richwmn

today is Be an Angel Day, National Tooth Fairy Day, and National Eat a Peach Day

Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your shoes.                                            
        -- Mickey Mouse

Meal suggestion for today - Garden Chickpea Salad

Wine of the day - Pendulum Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley vintage 2016

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage)  at Mobile

At Sea Atlantic
Volendam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9
Westerdam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9

Durban Anchorage
Eurodam (Docked)
Nieuw Amsterdam

Katakolo
Veendam

Piraeus
Maasdam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Rotterdam
Amsterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek
Rotterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Singapore Area
Noordam
Zuiderdam

0822World.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.

Love the Daily Report.

I bought peaches at the market yesterday, so I'll happily eat a peach or two today.🙂

Love the quote.

I'll pass on the dinner suggestion.  The wine sounds good.

We've got a forecast high of 28C today and mostly sunny.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 5

Thank you for the daily.  A great selection of days and I love the quote.  My meal suggestion today is Orange-Ginger Pork with Chilled Apple Vichyssoise and Tiramisu, as served on the Veendam August 22, 2013.

I prefer to use Marine Traffic over Cruisemapper.  I noted that both the Eurodam (Docked in Durban) and the Noordam (Anchored) are bunkering.  The bunker is the red dot on the map;

Capture.JPG.c97ee0f46a1b68c6e5ddb12b9b78b3bd.JPG

I expect the Noordam is likely to be repositioning soon.

Roy

• Like 5

Today's care list:

Fatcat's MIL

Mrs Vmax

summer slope's neighbor

Those fighting wildfires

Soaking rain and heat relief for Phoenix and much of the Southwest

Teachers and students

Dr. Fauci

Those preparing for Laura and Marco

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's shoutouts and celebrations:

Sharon's inlaws

Front line health workers

Happy birthday week Ann

The friendliest place on Cruise Critic

and welcome to the National Zoo's new Panda cub.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I prefer to use Marine Traffic over Cruisemapper.  I noted that both the Eurodam (Docked in Durban) and the Noordam (Anchored) are bunkering.

I use both, and sometimes Vessel Finder. Marine Traffic is good for showing the ships location and destination while the maps from Cruisemapper are easier to save and add the ship names to. I'll leave it to you to mention things like bunkering fuel.

Added:

You must have registered for the advanced version. I just checked Noordam and the bunker does not show up on my (free) version of Marine Tracker

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In 2010 I was one of the very last passengers to leave a Cruise West ship before the line went our of business.  I got to the ship by train and ferry.  On August 22, 2010, the sun came up as the Canadian was in Eastern Manitoba closing in on Winnipeg.

IMG_2525.thumb.JPG.cf3d00665beacc72b8f88

Roy

• Like 12

@DeeniEncinitas Hi sis, this one's for you ❤️

tooth fairy! | Dentist humor, Dentist jokes, Dental humor

Good morning Rich (Thank you!) , Roy, kazu and my sweet sisters Ann and Denise. Thank you for all the contributions you add each day. Roy, this IS the friendliest place on CC, better than Disney! I am praying for all and tonight at Happy Hour will have a worthy celebration toast!

Love Mickey's quote, not the chick peas or the Cabernet. Hoping oysters are in my future today.

Wow is all I can say. Woke at 4 something this morning and we have had unbelievable thunder and lightning with a lot of rain. I sat with my coffee in the dark and watched God's light show. Dawn is just starting to break, so am interested if my flower beds are drowning. So glad I brought in the bird feeders last night. I had just cleaned and refilled them. I saw "chance of rain 20%". So glad I did! Keeping an eye on the radar in case the Farmer's Market opens today. Looks like we may have some hurricanes rain this next week as well.

Have a wonderful weekend all. God Bless you. Wear your mask. Be respectful. Love ya'll!

One Angel Speaks To Another In Heaven Art Print by Zachary Kanin

• Like 7

Good morning all and thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread and to the keeper Rich.  Grandson's tooth came out yesterday, he is probably celebrating this morning!  When I was a child the reward was 5 or 10 cents, now it's in the $$.  The Peach Festival is cancelled this week, instead it's a drive through peach sundae gig.  Everyone is being inventive as we wait for a vaccine.  Happy Saturday everyone, stay safe.

• Like 7

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!   What a great combination - picture an angel guiding the tooth fairy to a child's bed, leaving a peach under the pillow.  LOL 

I've been awake since 4:30 this morning, excited like a kid at Christmas because DS, DDIL, and 2 wonderful grandsons are coming to stay for a week.   They generally only fly here at Christmas, so it will be wonderful having them here to enjoy the summer weather and where we can play with the little ones (age 5 and 8 months) in our back yard.  I like the dinner suggestion, but will have a different menu tonight, a favourite of our son and grandson - porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, salad, and chocolate cake.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and also for those who don't think they do.  I love the celebration list as well and will keep those folks in my heart as well.   Stay safe, be well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 8

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites! Joy, love your cartoon dedicated to Sis! Your rain storm sounds like some of those we have been experiencing lately. Hope Laura & Marco don’t cause a problem for you. The latest report shows that I might even be outside the cone of rain.

Well today is quite the day. @richwmn, love your tribute to Eat a Peach. The Allman Brothers are one of my faves. I will try to be an angel today, but sometimes it is so hard.😇.

The meal suggestion sounds like a great side dish. Today’s wine is well-rated & reasonably priced.  

Blend: 86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Petite Verdot, 2% Malbec

WS90
Wine Spectator
Sleek and well-defined, with expressive black cherry and savory spice flavors that finish with polished tannins. Pair with grilled meats, vegetables, or simply enjoy by the glass. Drink now through 2023.

@Seasick Sailor, I ordered one of the French red blends recommended this week. Will share my thoughts, if you are interested. I should have it be next weekend. 

Prayers to all who need our support.

🥂 to all who are celebrating.

Stay well everyone!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!   What a great combination - picture an angel guiding the tooth fairy to a child's bed, leaving a peach under the pillow.  LOL 

I've been awake since 4:30 this morning, excited like a kid at Christmas because DS, DDIL, and 2 wonderful grandsons are coming to stay for a week.   They generally only fly here at Christmas, so it will be wonderful having them here to enjoy the summer weather and where we can play with the little ones (age 5 and 8 months) in our back yard. 

Gerry, have a wonderful visit! Some joy in the midst of all this craziness!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

I've been awake since 4:30 this morning, excited like a kid at Christmas because DS, DDIL, and 2 wonderful grandsons are coming to stay for a week.   They generally only fly here at Christmas, so it will be wonderful having them here to enjoy the summer weather and where we can play with the little ones (age 5 and 8 months) in our back yard.  I like the dinner suggestion, but will have a different menu tonight, a favourite of our son and grandson - porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, salad, and chocolate cake.  And wine.

Gerry, one of my son's favorite dishes is porcupine meatballs, too.  It's one of the few things he prepares for evening meals, besides grilling outside.  I was making it for the family ever since he was a baby.  DH doesn't make them so if I want them nowadays, I have to do the cooking that night, or wait till I get to visit my son again up in Michigan.  

Have a wonderful week long visit with your kids and grandkids.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich, Roy, and all the daily-ites.  Had peach yogurt for breakfast...hope that counts.  We are angels every month for St. Jude.  Mickey knows!!  Will pass on the meal.

Question:  I thought the horn of Africa was a dangerous place for ships.  I'm surprised our ships are anchoring there.

Have a safe weekend everyone, wear your mask.  Prayers for all of us!!

• Like 4