The Daily for Sunday Sep 6, 2020

richwmn

today is Fight Procrastination Day, Read a Book Day, and National Pet Rock Day

Hummingbirds never remember the words to songs.                                

Meal suggestion for today - Honeydew & Prosciutto Salad

Drink of the Day - Lava Flow

Wine of the day - Cambria Chardonnay Santa Maria Valley Katherine's Vineyard vintage 2017

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/15
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/14
Volendam destination Gibraltar eta 9/8
Westerdam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9

At Gulf of Aden
Noordam destination Suez Canal eta 9/8
Zuiderdam destination Suez Canal eta 9/8

Aigio Greece
Maasdam

Katakolo
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Rosyth GB
Rotterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Amsterdam
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0906World.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Rich.  Thank you for all your hard work.  Love to see where our ships are.

The meal sounds refreshing.

Here is the recipe for the Lave Flow drink:

• 1 oz. light rum
  • 1 oz. Malibu® coconut rum
  • 2 oz. strawberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 small banana
  • 2 oz. pineapple juice (unsweetened)
  • 2 oz. coconut cream

Prayers for our list and everyone.  Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

• Like 10

Good morning and thank you for the Daily Report.

I love seeing where the ships are, even if I'm not on one.

I don't feel like fighting procrastination, maybe tomorrow.😉

Thanks for the meal and wine suggestions, the Drink of the Day sounds wonderful.

Sending prayers for everyone on the Care List.

Have a great day.

Stay safe.

• Like 6

Thank you for the daily, Rich.  I hadn't seen a reference to pet rocks for many years.  Lots of time for reading these days.  I don't fight procrastination; I celebrate it.  Many years ago I was in a Monday night bowling league.  One April 15 I was  checking my return between frames.  The next year a teammate asked me "Are you going to be doing your taxes in the alley next week?  "Of course not, April 15 is a Tuesday this year"

Love the quote.  I'm not a salad person.

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Recovery from Laura and Marco

Those dealing with wildfires

Rain and relief for Phoenix and much of the southwest

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

The Bird in Hand fire chief and son Jason

A safe Memorial Day Weekend

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Cruising-along’s road trip

Getaway for Denise and David

Labor Day Weekend

Progress on wildfires

Authentic and

25th Anniversary of Cal Ripkin setting the record

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich and Roy for your work putting these lists together for us everyday.  I might as well add one more celebration today - DH and I are celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary today.   Yep, we were young but somehow it worked out!  Last summer we celebrated with our kids and grandkids on a Med cruise, then went to Alaska on Amsterdam on the actual Sept. 6 date.  Thanks goodness we were able to do that because if it were our 50th this year things would have been a LOT different.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Rich and Roy for your work putting these lists together for us everyday.  I might as well add one more celebration today - DH and I are celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary today.   Yep, we were young but somehow it worked out!  Last summer we celebrated with our kids and grandkids on a Med cruise, then went to Alaska on Amsterdam on the actual Sept. 6 date.  Thanks goodness we were able to do that because if it were our 50th this year things would have been a LOT different.  

Awesome!  Congratulations!

Roy

• Like 6

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! You were up with the birds today. Roy, you do such an amazing job noticing & adding what we need to pay attention to on our lists. Thank you both!

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. I rarely procrastinate. Roy, I would be a wreck if I waited until the last moment to file my taxes. Love the quote. Next time I forget the words to a song I will say that I am channeling my inner hummingbird. The meal sounds interesting- definitely as a side dish. Never heard of that drink, so @summer slopethank you for the recipe. Might just have to try it.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

Today’s wine is decently priced between $15 & $20. It has very good ratings. And for the first time the intro description used the word “vegan”. This surprised me. Aren’t all wines vegan? I will try to google this later, and if I learn differently will share. In the meantime this sounds like a decent wine to try. 

#61 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

Ripe fruit, floral and spice aromas dominate the nose. Pink grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, white peach, citrus blossom, and apple flavors are balanced by a bit of wet stone, oak spice and bright acid. Vegan

WS91
Wine Spectator
Well-structured, with a smoky richness to the mineral-infused apple and pear tart flavors. The fresh, spicy finish lingers with a creamy texture. Drink now through 2022.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy Anniversary! 🥂 I will toast you two tonight!

• Like 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I’m definitely going to fight procrastination today and see what I can get done on our spread sheet for our new cruise.  So happy to have one to look forward to again 🙂 

And I’ll definitely be reading today to get some info on our travels 😉 

That quote should have gone with our hummingbird day 😉  Cute one!

Love honey dew and prosciutto.  If I had some it would certainly be on the menu tonight.

The dahlias are starting to really come out.  While some are the same colour, they are not the same.

A couple of the red ones:

57DC81AF-6DC2-4984-96A1-3A191D24221C.thumb.jpeg.0d138a964fe7180a3df6f8d194b7a5c8.jpeg

4968709C-B878-4270-BA62-DCEEDFF1ED37.thumb.jpeg.5121f6ff0650527233ad2722cc3cd290.jpeg

and the little dahlias are doing well too:

E535F557-D0F4-45FD-8042-0DC66B269C67.thumb.jpeg.52dda4b253437291070054ad5b6af04e.jpeg

3957BB67-A330-4A24-9FE4-9C00135C6675.thumb.jpeg.7c577a43d0eaba8aa10f4e20f33854cf.jpeg

They are in my planters on the deck

EE5B892D-3986-4463-A512-3234E1A06199.thumb.jpeg.36dd34861b55dd687b5d76453a4c275e.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list and a toast to those we are celebrating.

Have a great Sunday all 🙂. Stay safe and don’t forget your masks.

• Like 15

image.png.5d1f913dd5f9fb006b50313e1eef66e1.png

Here's where the goo goo eyes went to from our towel animals to pet rocks:

Pet Rocks (1970's) | Mortal Journey

Good morning Rich. Thank you for our Daily. The hummingbird quote is cute.

Good morning fellow Daily-ites, Roy and my sisters Ann and Denise. (Sneaky Deeni) So glad to see Denise and David are having a great holiday. Roy thank you for your care list and celebrations. Ann I am adding the wine to my list, sounds good.

Tonight we are going to toast to @StLouisCruisers for their 51st Anniversary. Congratulations!!

Goodness it rained so hard last night our lawns were flooded and our mulch was floating. Soon as it gets day light I will go check on my little garden. Lesson learned... be careful what you pray for! 

Jacqui @kazu those flowers are so beautiful. I can't wait to start my big planters. I ordered a really large planter for herbs and Allen's peppers, so my reading today will be when and what to plant.

Everyone have a great day. Blessings on you all.

• Like 10

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes.  For sure we will be toasting, and I welcome any others who want to add us to their toast list.  

@kazu, your flowers are so colorful and healthy!  Wow, is all I can say.

@Seasick Sailor When your mulch is floating, you really got a lot of rain all at once.😋  At least you don't have to water today.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Another thank you to Rich and Roy!

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I also did a family Med cruise last summer, celebrating a big birthday! So glad we did!

• Like 5

Good morning all.  I definitely will put today's recommendation on my drink list.  I have a book to read for club and I seem to be procrastinating reading it as I don't even like the title.  Thanks to Rich and Roy for keeping us informed.  The COVID numbers in Ontario are going the wrong way, does not bode well for any hope of travel.  Stay safe everyone.  

• Like 8

Yesterday's move was much less painful than I feared it would be! I only needed a couple of good IPAs and a handful of ibuprofen when we got done. I am a little sore today though....

I will work on the procrastination thing later.

Sunrise on our first ever visit to HMC -

image.thumb.png.50f75ffc8e20096747224b744c3a2ae5.png

• Like 9

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I'm going to join the fight for procrastination when I have the time.  With our weather changing, it's starting to look like I might just be able to start a new book - too much wind, and the temps are dropping, so no yard work to do. 

While I love the menu suggestion, I've never seen it offered as a main dish before.  I've ordered it on HAL ships as an appetizer, only because DH doesn't care for the taste of melon (he's okay with watermelon, though).  I took a chicken out of the freezer last night and will pop it into the oven to roast for dinner tonight.  And wine.

@StLouisCruisers   Happy 51st Anniversary to you - wow, lots of years of love and laughter!

Prayers for all who need them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Cheers and raised glasses tonight for all on the celebration list!  Be well, stay safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 9

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Today’s wine is decently priced between $15 & $20. It has very good ratings. And for the first time the intro description used the word “vegan”. This surprised me. Aren’t all wines vegan? I will try to google this later, and if I learn differently will share. In the meantime this sounds like a decent wine to try. 

#61 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

Ripe fruit, floral and spice aromas dominate the nose. Pink grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, white peach, citrus blossom, and apple flavors are balanced by a bit of wet stone, oak spice and bright acid. Vegan

WS91
Wine Spectator
Well-structured, with a smoky richness to the mineral-infused apple and pear tart flavors. The fresh, spicy finish lingers with a creamy texture. Drink now through 2022.

I'm not the biggest chardonnay fan, but that does sound good -- I have made a note to look for it.

• Like 6