Disney Cruise Suspension

brenderlou

10 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I am still hoping, but the Disney thing was for sure not good

As I posted on the other thread on this subject, pretty much a done deal for the rest.  Disney cruises mostly out of FL.

I’m trying to remain optimistic. Disney is geared towards younger (children) whose families go for the Disney experience. Meet and greets, group activities etc. 

i think the the general type of cruisers this is geared to make Disney slightly harder to start back up.

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

I’m trying to remain optimistic. Disney is geared towards younger (children) whose families go for the Disney experience. Meet and greets, group activities etc. 

i think the the general type of cruisers this is geared to make Disney slightly harder to start back up.

Geared towards families, yes, but the reality is there are many couples and singles onboard also.  If they really thought they could cruise, they would rework their activities.  Royal will be cancelling til at least Dec soon too.

27 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

I doubt that that really makes much of a difference. With Disney's following, I think they could easily find enough passengers, especially at a reduced capacity.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BND said:

Geared towards families, yes, but the reality is there are many couples and singles onboard also.  If they really thought they could cruise, they would rework their activities.  Royal will be cancelling til at least Dec soon too.

I get that they would if they could. However Universal opened their parks sometime before Disney. The same argument could be said that they could have opened at the same time. 

I just personally don’t see all cruise lines starting back at the same time.

Edited by Spurschick

13 minutes ago, BND said:

Exactly.  Just like they have reworked the theme parks to open without meet and greets, parades and fireworks.  

• Like 1

At some point you have to think the cruise lines will have to make a good faith effort to start up again. This Pandemic is not disappearing quick, so they need to come up with something innovative and get going! They need to start going on a bit of offense and get ahead of the situation. The alternative is sitting idle like they are and burning a hole in the their back pocket. 

If they build it people will go...

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

At some point you have to think the cruise lines will have to make a good faith effort to start up again. This Pandemic is not disappearing quick, so they need to come up with something innovative and get going! They need to start going on a bit of offense and get ahead of the situation. The alternative is sitting idle like they are and burning a hole in the their back pocket. 

If they build it people will go...

and that is exactly what they are doing. they have spent months making new SOP's and protocols. 

I really hope the CDC takes the comments on the RIF to heart when making the decision to allow cruising to start Nov 1st. In reading about 5 pages, the Overwhelming responses were to open up. I would say 85% are in favor. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

and that is exactly what they are doing. they have spent months making new SOP's and protocols. 

I really hope the CDC takes the comments on the RIF to heart when making the decision to allow cruising to start Nov 1st. In reading about 5 pages, the Overwhelming responses were to open up. I would say 85% are in favor. 

I don't understand why the CDC is taking public comments on a health crisis.  It's the Center for Disease Control, not the let's take a poll site.  It won't start Nov 1.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BND said:

I don't understand why the CDC is taking public comments on a health crisis.  It's the Center for Disease Control, not the let's take a poll site.  It won't start Nov 1.

well thank you my little Ray of Sunshine. I think they are taking public comments because we are not in a dictatorship. yet anyways... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

well thank you my little Ray of Sunshine. I think they are taking public comments because we are not in a dictatorship. yet anyways... 

LOL.  How about a little reality check?   You go ahead and live in that world of non-reality and get back to me when they don't allow cruising on Nov 1.  BTW, being "positive" won't make any difference.  I'm actually a very opitimistic person, but I'm also a realist and use common sense.

What exactly do public comments do in a medical emergency?  You can "feel" what you want, but it won't change the reality of the situation and a majority may want to cruise, but it doesn't mean it's safe or going to happen.

Edited by BND
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, BND said:

Actually Centers for Disease Control.  I suspect part of the reason for public comment is to gauge how the public will react to various measures.  If people won't follow rules they won't be effective. 

• Like 1

Just now, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Actually Centers for Disease Control.  I suspect part of the reason for public comment is to gauge how the public will react to various measures.  If people won't follow rules they won't be effective. 

And as we all know, people always tell the truth in polls.  I just think it in some situations asking people for opinions isn't worth anything.  Feelings won't change what actually happens.  Get this, people will lie to get what they want.

• Like 1

BTW, here's what's on the Federal Register.  How is the public supposed to answer most of the questions?  My guess is most on here talking about the public input has no idea what that actually means.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/07/21/2020-15812/request-for-information-related-to-cruise-ship-planning-and-infrastructure-resumption-of-passenger?fbclid=IwAR1vmT7pwlxocBK41i4TCxvoLwp_SpXvfImrqnEJ4cBs0yERuvgpDWY8dfA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1