When sailings resume

brenderlou

13 hours ago, brenderlou said:

Heard from someone that sells to cruise ships and they were told sailing to resume in March. Just passing it along.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a friend, who knows a person, that says cruises are going to start in November.  Problem with 5th party rumors is someone will eventually be right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Cruises already resumed!  So false news.  However, the big question is will it resume in Florida, and which ones.  100% of the cruises are not going to resume on the same day.  It will be staggered reopening, with trials.  Those trials have already started outside the USA.  

This is exactly what the OP is talking about.....cruising from Florida. Looks like March.....makes sense but no one knows for certain. 

If cruising resumes from the US in November, what will happen to travelers from states that must quarantine for 14 days.  So, if I am from Las Vegas and my cruise is out of NJ, will I have to quarantine for 14 days in NJ before my cruise?  If this has been answered on another thread, can you kindly redirect me so that I can see the answer.  Thank you.

6 minutes ago, nu_cruzer1 said:

If cruising resumes from the US in November, what will happen to travelers from states that must quarantine for 14 days.  So, if I am from Las Vegas and my cruise is out of NJ, will I have to quarantine for 14 days in NJ before my cruise?  If this has been answered on another thread, can you kindly redirect me so that I can see the answer.  Thank you.

Cruising will 100% not be resuming this November out of the US. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brenderlou said:

I don’t want to go into specific details but it is a food and the business is in S FL. Was told this today. She said the cruise line told her.

I have a Thanksgiving cruise I want to go on and was bummed to hear this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used to work for US Foodservice (now called US Foods) that supplied ships in PC area....I never believed what my manager told me anyway.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Cruising will 100% not be resuming this November out of the US. 

I think that this will be the case as well.  However, in the very unlikely event that cruising does begin, would you happen to know the answer to my actual question?

9 minutes ago, nu_cruzer1 said:

I think that this will be the case as well.  However, in the very unlikely event that cruising does begin, would you happen to know the answer to my actual question?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

This will be a bit of reading but it may have answers for you.  It looks like a negative Covid test will be required pre cruise 5 days and under.  You don't need to quarantine in NJ for 14 days (unless you want to).  No one really knows the answers yet to traveling pre cruise and arriving 1 day prior as opposed to same day travel.  But I think 14 days is a little excessive.  And yes, it would be nice to actually get answers to questions posted here instead of the same people informing you that you aren't going to cruise.  If they are so negative, why are they on a cruise forum 24/7?

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 3

Facebbook today had an article from Royal where they said they were hoping for Nov. to start again depending on what happened with CDC.  It was a good positive article, nope I cannot give you the website but it would probably be on the Royal facebook site.  We have an Allure scheduled for Feb. 7 that we are hoping is a go but if cruising does not start by the holidays I do not think it will sail.

2 hours ago, nu_cruzer1 said:

No one can answer your question yet because no one knows the answer yet. We have only seen "recommendations" so far but nothing concrete. Still months to go before anything concrete I suspect. 

3 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Cruises already resumed!  So false news.  However, the big question is will it resume in Florida, and which ones.  100% of the cruises are not going to resume on the same day.  It will be staggered reopening, with trials.  Those trials have already started outside the USA.  

Oh thanks for correcting me.. I meant in the USA for the cruises... 😉

6 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

You sure know how to brighten peoples day....if you think you're a realist, perhaps consider keeping your opinion to yourself.

I am just giving the opinion of thousands of people all over the globe .I shall refrain from posting on Covid related threads hence forward.

I was a devotee of Paul Krassner,by the way.Good perception on your part.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

If it is then having worked in Staten Island in the summer of 1959 when there was not a bridge from Brooklyn I have more than 60 cruises.

A few more & you would've hit Diamond.  Three free hot dogs loaded to your Metro Pass card! 🤣

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I used to work for US Foodservice (now called US Foods) that supplied ships in PC area....I never believed what my manager told me anyway.  😉 

Everyone is quick to critique these posts, I guess everyone wants to add something, but before any cruise does start Royal has a lot to do before they announce, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of word leak out.  My son in law, works for GFS food which supplies a lot of food from the Miami and Port Everglades port to Royal.   I've been watching Brilliance and Rhapsody sitting in St Martin for a couple of weeks now. I've had the ships on an extra screen for hours at a time and haven't seen any movement. I did see Brilliance taking on fuel a week or so ago.  There is so much that has to happen before they announce crews returning.  I'll bet we here a lot of posts this way.

2 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Everyone is quick to critique these posts, I guess everyone wants to add something, but before any cruise does start Royal has a lot to do before they announce, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of word leak out.  My son in law, works for GFS food which supplies a lot of food from the Miami and Port Everglades port to Royal.   I've been watching Brilliance and Rhapsody sitting in St Martin for a couple of weeks now. I've had the ships on an extra screen for hours at a time and haven't seen any movement. I did see Brilliance taking on fuel a week or so ago.  There is so much that has to happen before they announce crews returning.  I'll bet we here a lot of posts this way.

Funny thing is, when the wine company I worked for closed down almost 15 years ago, I was waiting to disembark Mariner while in PC.  Was up on deck, wondering where I needed to put in my resume to take care my suddenly unemployed situation.  I glanced down at one of the US Foodservice trucks unloading. 

Hmmmm....got home that morning and put in resume to them online...hired within days.  Territory Manager....retired with them.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, flyguyjake said:

It's mind boggling the amount of food they deliver to a cruise ship. Are cruise ships the companies biggest delivery?

They are indeed big, since the relationship is on a contract basis, serving ships in many ports.  But no idea if they are one of the biggest. 

I did local territory restaurants, hospitals, and nursing homes.  

The corporate office handled the big commercial clients.