Jump to content

Royal Restarts in Singapore with Cruises to Nowhere


Recommended Posts

Makes sense they start with Singapore where mask use is not only compulsory but also not controversial at all. I still stand by my prediction that cruises will commence out of the US in Summer of 2021. 
I agree, that is my prediction also. Late, late spring like June or early summer 2021.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
All the sailings will be cruises to nowhere (no destinations).
 
World Dream:
2 nights (Wed - Fri)
2 nights (Fri - Sun)
3 nights (Sun - Wed)
 
Quantum of the Seas:
3 nights (Mon - Thur)
4 nights (Thur - Mon)
[below images show the departure time and arrival time. The departure time is delayed to 9pm which would probably be a common thing for cruises in the future, as it takes lots of time for virus testing before embarkation.]
 
120659654_3356846591065472_5580089709733247399_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=JTOJ4Mc2oBoAX-SeiN4&_nc_oc=AQnGu_XBZr6OrRuv-XfqJXbRgw3HZRUv16tA7frgiJ2rKYE3YiGmdmqb7siq57LhYV0&_nc_ht=scontent-hkg4-1.xx&oh=edf0afb1a7c290bc761fd5ef79269a8b&oe=5FA583D2
120830793_3356866757730122_4002241018286199417_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=eUO4uZmkj5EAX9raPCo&_nc_ht=scontent-hkg4-1.xx&oh=81e46000938551d51ac50b44c08646e6&oe=5FA4DA36
I booked this Cruise from the 19th to 22nd March as a 3 night cruise and paid the deposit.
what will happen to it
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, drsel said:

I booked this Cruise from the 19th to 22nd March as a 3 night cruise and paid the deposit.
what will happen to it

Your booking will be cancelled, and you can choose either 100% refund or 125% FCC.

 

You cannot shift the cruise to other Singapore departures. Because the new cruises published today will only for local residents.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

My point here is that you can't really compare Dream Cruises with other mainstream cruise lines.

The Global class may change that, if they ever happen - the German shipyard (owned by Genting) building them just got a partial bailout - the only other cruiseline which will have a Flowrider.

 

BTW, World Dream was in Dutch waters for most of the pandemic but started out for Asia about two weeks ago and just went through Suez earlier this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The Global class may change that, if they ever happen - the German shipyard (owned by Genting) building them just got a partial bailout - the only other cruiseline which will have a Flowrider.

 

BTW, World Dream was in Dutch waters for most of the pandemic but started out for Asia about two weeks ago and just went through Suez earlier this week.

This is the first time i'm hearing that global class will have Flowriders, unless I missed that completely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

This is the first time i'm hearing that global class will have Flowriders, unless I missed that completely. 

A bit of a weird location (unlike the back of the ship on RCI)

 

Global Dream Itinerary, Current Position, Ship Review | CruiseMapper

Edited by Biker19
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

 

I'm ecstatic that this has been confirmed by our local news agency. RCl's Quantum of the Seas along with Dream Cruise's World Dream will be the first two ships sailing roundtrip from Singapore come December 1st 2020, (Nov 6th 2020 for World Dream). Wooo! All rooms offered are currently balcony and above categories with each ship restricting it's capacity to 50%. The cruises on both lines are only open to Singaporean residents and all passengers have to take a swab test before boarding.

 

Read more here: https://str.sg/J2gA

 

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you booked yet?  We're waiting for a live review with bated breath!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would book it, but my family are afraid to travel on this pilot program, in case there is any risk of being quarantined on a ship for another 2 weeks. And It doesn't make economical sense for me to cruise and pay the ridiculous single supplementary cost that it's usually priced at, given my age and financial independence. Also given that these are 50% capacity sailings, the prices are way more expensive then the 3/4 nighters with 2 or more port calls. So although i would really like to, i don't think I will just yet. Maybe my January there'll be more of a chance once things smoothen out. I'm sure there will be other Singaporean cruisers on this forum who will book these sailings!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

How exciting! If you do one or more of them, please entertain us with a blog of it/them!

I'll be sure to post a vlog as well as a review if I board Quantum in the next few months!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This pricing is pretty insane for a 3 night. It is advertised as 300+ on the homepage. But because that price is for an interior (which they are not selling along with ocean view rooms), the actual price for a balcony is then at $649 SGD. And then for some apparent reason the lowest category of balconies is also not available for booking, so you are forced to choose an unobstructed balcony cabin, the price comes up to $745 SGD for 1 person in a double cabin. Mind you this is not inclusive of the extra $60SGD for a MANDATORY COVID-19 test prior to boarding that isn't subsidised. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 1.00.35 AM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Mind you this is not inclusive of the extra $60SGD for a MANDATORY COVID-19 test prior to boarding that isn't subsidized. 

That 60 SGD (~$44 USD) is pretty cheap compared to out of pocket cost in the US ($100+) which I assume RCI will require when sailing out of US resumes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

And then for some apparent reason the lowest category of balconies is also not available for booking, so you are forced to choose an unobstructed balcony cabin, the price comes up to $745 SGD for 1 person in a double cabin

That works out to about $100USD PPPD (200% solo supplement in play), which which is not bad for a Q class balcony.

Edited by Biker19
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Makes sense they start with Singapore where mask use is not only compulsory but also not controversial at all. I still stand by my prediction that cruises will commence out of the US in Summer of 2021. 

I think restart will depend on two factors: 1- How big a spike we get this fall; and 2- Who wins the US election.  If low spike and Rep win, then I could see Jan/Feb restart out of Florida.  If large spike and Dem win, then I think your right with the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That works out to about $100USD PPPD (200% solo supplement in play), which which is not bad for a Q class balcony.

If it's 200% solo supplement it should be in the $600+ SGD range. It's now like 250% of the original cruise fare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...