Jump to content

Ship movements thread


FreestyleNovice
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

 

When and where did they get vaccinated? NCL has been keeping mum about their crew being vaccinated ... 

 

NCL - please come clean and tell us about that!!

 

 

I believe that many of the crew are at home in their home countries, and being vaccinated by whatever sources vaccinate people.  Why do people think that NCL would gather up a bunch of unvaccinated people, stick them on a ship and then vaccinate them?  Wouldn't that just be asking for trouble?  We did see an article posted about the Philippians giving ship workers priority vaccinations for months.   IIRC, aren't a large portion of NCL crews from places like that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

I believe that many of the crew are at home in their home countries, and being vaccinated by whatever sources vaccinate people.  Why do people think that NCL would gather up a bunch of unvaccinated people, stick them on a ship and then vaccinate them?  Wouldn't that just be asking for trouble?  We did see an article posted about the Philippians giving ship workers priority vaccinations for months.   IIRC, aren't a large portion of NCL crews from places like that?

Maybe articles below are the reason

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ports-destinations/portmiami-begins-cruise-ship-crew-vaccination

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

NCL crew who aren’t vaccinated are joining the ship in Aruba where they will undergo quarantine for 2 weeks in a private room. They will then be vaccinated after testing negative at the port (maybe Miami?).

 

source: a crew member currently in quarantine 

Edited by Alegeeter
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today is the first day of a 5 day land trip to Long Beach, Washington.  It was such a surprise to see the Pride of America in Astoria, Oregon this afternoon.   Nice sunny day.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2021 at 10:26 PM, Alegeeter said:

NCL crew who aren’t vaccinated are joining the ship in Aruba where they will undergo quarantine for 2 weeks in a private room. They will then be vaccinated after testing negative at the port (maybe Miami?).

 

source: a crew member currently in quarantine 

Joy n new Gem crew will be vaccinated shortly in San Juan. 

Been chatting with crew friends on both ships. 

Some have completed quarantine,  others are midway through. 

Edited by Wvshimmy
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On this thread it states the breakaway is moored until 10/17, and that is in the most recent update NCL posted on it's own website:

Additional Suspended Sailings

  • Ship - Suspended Through
  • Pride of America - October 31, 2021
  • Norwegian Escape - November 2, 2021
  • Norwegian Joy - October 9, 2021
  • Norwegian Pearl - December 7, 2021
  • Norwegian Jewel - January 9, 2022
  • Norwegian Spirit - January 28, 2022
  • Norwegian Sun - January 18, 2022
  • A single October 24, 2021 Norwegian Bliss cruise

Previously announced suspended cruises with no changes in the May 26 suspension announcement.

  • Norwegian Sky - August 30, 2021
  • Norwegian Star - September 23, 2021
  • Norwegian Dawn - September 26, 2021
  • Norwegian Breakaway - October 17, 2021
  • Norwegian Encore - October 28, 2021

 

Sometime in the last two weeks NCL started selling cruises on the Breakaway starting September 26, instead of the planned Oct 17.  When would NCL need to start actually moving her by in order to have her in NYC, crewed and ready to go?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mininewman said:

On this thread it states the breakaway is moored until 10/17, and that is in the most recent update NCL posted on it's own website:

Additional Suspended Sailings

  • Ship - Suspended Through
  • Pride of America - October 31, 2021
  • Norwegian Escape - November 2, 2021
  • Norwegian Joy - October 9, 2021
  • Norwegian Pearl - December 7, 2021
  • Norwegian Jewel - January 9, 2022
  • Norwegian Spirit - January 28, 2022
  • Norwegian Sun - January 18, 2022
  • A single October 24, 2021 Norwegian Bliss cruise

Previously announced suspended cruises with no changes in the May 26 suspension announcement.

  • Norwegian Sky - August 30, 2021
  • Norwegian Star - September 23, 2021
  • Norwegian Dawn - September 26, 2021
  • Norwegian Breakaway - October 17, 2021
  • Norwegian Encore - October 28, 2021

 

Sometime in the last two weeks NCL started selling cruises on the Breakaway starting September 26, instead of the planned Oct 17.  When would NCL need to start actually moving her by in order to have her in NYC, crewed and ready to go?

 

Del Rio has said 90 days. Currently the September 26 sailing is 108 days away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Bringing this back to first page from page 6 😲 with the following titbits:

  • Encore is anchored off Busan South Korea, departing soon for the transpacific crossing to Seattle, ETA July 4 at 16:00.
  • Jade went from Sicily to Piraeus Greece last week and she departed there earlier today and is heading to Brindisi Italy.
  • Getaway finally left Marseilles last Friday, popped into Naples & Augusta Sicily, and is now heading to Bar Montenegro.
  • Spirit left Bar Montenegro earlier today and is heading to Civitavecchia Italy.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Bringing this back to first page from page 6 😲 with the following titbits:

  • Encore is anchored off Busan South Korea, departing soon for the transpacific crossing to Seattle, ETA July 4 at 16:00.
  • Jade went from Sicily to Piraeus Greece last week and she departed there earlier today and is heading to Brindisi Italy.
  • Getaway finally left Marseilles last Friday, popped into Naples & Augusta Sicily, and is now heading to Bar Montenegro.
  • Spirit left Bar Montenegro earlier today and is heading to Civitavecchia Italy.

 

Does anyone know what the plan is for The Encore?  According to a ship tracking site, She is due to arrive in Seattle on Sunday the 44th of July which is a month and 3 days PRIOR to He 1st scheduled Alaskan sailing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Does anyone know what the plan is for The Encore?  According to a ship tracking site, She is due to arrive in Seattle on Sunday the 44th of July which is a month and 3 days PRIOR to He 1st scheduled Alaskan sailing.


Provisions, crew vaccinations, bringing in new crew, generally preparing the ship for Alaskan season.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Bringing this back to first page from page 6 😲 with the following titbits:

  • Encore is anchored off Busan South Korea, departing soon for the transpacific crossing to Seattle, ETA July 4 at 16:00.
  • Jade went from Sicily to Piraeus Greece last week and she departed there earlier today and is heading to Brindisi Italy.
  • Getaway finally left Marseilles last Friday, popped into Naples & Augusta Sicily, and is now heading to Bar Montenegro.
  • Spirit left Bar Montenegro earlier today and is heading to Civitavecchia Italy.

 

Feeling better about actually going to Alaska soon!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our September 12 cruise on Sky out of Miami  was moved the Norwegian Gem out of Miami.  The transition seems to have been done quite well...  Our category did not change at all (AFT Balcony) and only a little itinerary change:  Grand Cayman was eliminated in favor of Costa Maya... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2021 at 5:38 PM, CaptainWoody said:

I believe that many of the crew are at home in their home countries, and being vaccinated by whatever sources vaccinate people.  Why do people think that NCL would gather up a bunch of unvaccinated people, stick them on a ship and then vaccinate them?  Wouldn't that just be asking for trouble?  We did see an article posted about the Philippians giving ship workers priority vaccinations for months.   IIRC, aren't a large portion of NCL crews from places like that?

Gathering unvaccinated crew, sticking them on a ship, and then vaccinating them is what Royal Caribbean did. Vaccines are not available in some of the countries. Even the crew member from the UK on the Odyssey of the Seas who is live vlogging from his quarantine right now only was vaccinated after joining the ship in Florida. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2021 at 7:14 PM, bluesea777 said:

Bringing this back to first page from page 6 😲 with the following titbits:

  • Encore is anchored off Busan South Korea, departing soon for the transpacific crossing to Seattle, ETA July 4 at 16:00.
  • Jade went from Sicily to Piraeus Greece last week and she departed there earlier today and is heading to Brindisi Italy.
  • Getaway finally left Marseilles last Friday, popped into Naples & Augusta Sicily, and is now heading to Bar Montenegro.
  • Spirit left Bar Montenegro earlier today and is heading to Civitavecchia Italy.

 

When we stopped in Montenegro on the Jade in 2019 we picked up a large number of crew. It was something about their passports.  They had to board in Montenegro vs elsewhere. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

When we stopped in Montenegro on the Jade in 2019 we picked up a large number of crew. It was something about their passports.  They had to board in Montenegro vs elsewhere. 


Interesting … Montenegro isn’t an EU country.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, cliffd64 said:

Our September 12 cruise on Sky out of Miami  was moved the Norwegian Gem out of Miami.  The transition seems to have been done quite well...  Our category did not change at all (AFT Balcony) and only a little itinerary change:  Grand Cayman was eliminated in favor of Costa Maya... 

 

Last I saw, GC had told ships to stay away all of 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2021 at 5:38 PM, CaptainWoody said:

  Why do people think that NCL would gather up a bunch of unvaccinated people, stick them on a ship and then vaccinate them? 

 

That is exactly what they are doing. Joy is in San Juan right now and the crew are getting vaccinated with J&J. That crew will be moved to Encore. Gem will be there next to get her crew vaccinated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sky has departed Aruba and is heading to Colon Panama, ETA June 28th.

 

Then there'll be two sister NCL ships at each end of the Panama Canal. Sun on the Pacific side, and Sky on the Atlantic side.

 

Interesting .....

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 12:16 PM, bluesea777 said:


Interesting … Montenegro isn’t an EU country.

 

 

NCL is indeed flying in crew to Bar, Norwegian Getaway docked there. Making it the largest cruise ship to call at Bar too heh. :classic_biggrin:  It seems NCL does not have to bother with (intra)EU regulations for their crew or Montenegro has less strict quarantaine time. Or perhaps the location with infrastructure suits NCL well.

 

Whatever it might be, Bar is serving as a stepping stone for a return to cruising. 

Drone vid of GA arriving in Bar, with a good view of her new funnel (bleh..:classic_blush:)https://fb.watch/6pMtwU6bO3/

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...