Plain and Simple

oracer

2 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Facts :  NOVEMBER 17, 2020, 4:00 AM

Tennessee Hospital Chief: Sick Nurses And A Shortage Of Contractors Are Limiting Capacity

By Blake Farmer

Tennessee hospitals are calling off elective procedures again, doubling up hospital rooms and converting recovery rooms into intensive care units, according to the Tennessee Hospital Association. These changes come as hospitals are seeing twice as many patients with COVID-19 as they were in early October, surpassing 1,800 current hospitalizations on Monday

I see you are not from the US, let alone Tennessee. I can assure you that it is not as bad as the information you are googling. 😉 I have a friend who works for Vanderbilt here in Nashville. I also work for a pretty prestige company and have quite a bit of connections with the Chamber... What you are sharing isn't factual. 😉

• Like 3

All of this is not taking into account what the countries the cruise is going to may require. It is very possible that countries may require proof of vaccination before allowing you to travel. Since many countries don’t do an immigration check as you depart the ship, the cruise line would probably not let you board if you didn’t have proof. The CDC might even make it a requirement before they allow ships to begin sailing. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lepidoptera said:

All of this is not taking into account what the countries the cruise is going to may require. It is very possible that countries may require proof of vaccination before allowing you to travel. Since many countries don’t do an immigration check as you depart the ship, the cruise line would probably not let you board if you didn’t have proof. The CDC might even make it a requirement before they allow ships to begin sailing. 

Yep

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

I see you are not from the US, let alone Tennessee. I can assure you that it is not as bad as the information you are googling. 😉 I have a friend who works for Vanderbilt here in Nashville. I also work for a pretty prestige company and have quite a bit of connections with the Chamber... What you are sharing isn't factual. 😉

You’re not sharing anything factual here either ....The fact that you have friends or know people means nothing. Simple mortality rate isn’t going to be the only be all deciding factor for cruise lines, the CDC, or other government agencies in regard to vaccine requirements on board. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, tallnthensome said:

You’re not sharing anything factual here either ....The fact that you have friends or know people means nothing. Simple mortality rate isn’t going to be the only be all deciding factor for cruise lines, the CDC, or other government agencies in regard to vaccine requirements on board. 

I don't need to share information about MY area on a cruise board. And yes...first hand knowledge from those in the medical field mean a hell of a lot more than something that someone "found online". 🙂 

As for deciding factor...yes, the mortality rate has A LOT to do with requirements like this. It isn't like a simple mask mandate. But thanks for playing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

I don't need to share information about MY area on a cruise board. And yes...first hand knowledge from those in the medical field mean a hell of a lot more than something that someone "found online". 🙂 

As for deciding factor...yes, the mortality rate has A LOT to do with requirements like this. It isn't like a simple mask mandate. But thanks for playing!

Again,  no facts from you either ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

The lines can’t force you to get the vaccine, that’s for sure. You just won’t be allowed on that’s all. They will not take the risk that is too large to let you on unvaccinated just to get a grand or two out of you .....  not worth it to them. If there is enough demand for cruising there will be enough people who will get the vaccine and will get onboard in your place . If you’re too scared to get a vaccine it’s you that should stay home instead of being selfish and putting everyone else at risk. You're the passenger they don’t want. Cruising wasn’t likely to start until about April anyhow and that would be four months for people to start getting vaccinated. The CDC may even have something to have the lines require it . Face it, you’re out without it. 

I agree 100%

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, YankeeFan4Ever said:

Actually they can and most likely will require passengers to show proof of vaccination as a boarding requirement in the same way as some schools and countries require proof of vaccination.

Agree, and then there's the small matter of travel insurance. I'd be extremely surprised if any travel insurance policy provided cover for COVID-19 to anyone who had not been vaccinated and in possession of a certificate confirming such!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

Your first hand knowledge did not seem to include the fact that measles and mumps are viruses so not sure I'd trust it for covid facts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cruising will probably start long before a vaccine is widely available so they will have to sail half empty following all the recommendations, no buffet, masks, ships excursions etc etc. Just like MSC do in Europe.

However, at some point the cruise lines will want, and need to fill the ships again and get back to normal, I believe it is at this point proof of vaccination will come in.

It's simple economics imho, they can sail half empty with masks or they can fill the ship with vaccinated people. I'm pretty sure I know which they will choose.

I would bet the cruise lines will beg governments to drop the protocols in exchange for only sailing with only vaccinated customers.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

2 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

23 minutes ago, electro said:

Your first hand knowledge did not seem to include the fact that measles and mumps are viruses so not sure I'd trust it for covid facts.

Love it! 👍 💪

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

Cruising will probably start long before a vaccine is widely available so they will have to sail half empty following all the recommendations, no buffet, masks, ships excursions etc etc. Just like MSC do in Europe.

However, at some point the cruise lines will want, and need to fill the ships again and get back to normal, I believe it is at this point proof of vaccination will come in.

It's simple economics imho, they can sail half empty with masks or they can fill the ship with vaccinated people. I'm pretty sure I know which they will choose.

I would bet the cruise lines will beg governments to drop the protocols in exchange for only sailing with only vaccinated customers.

That is probably the most reasoned argument on this thread. 👏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lucywestie said:

So, cruising is not essential. It may support other industries but it still isn't essential.

Well Lucy, that may be your belief in Canada, but here in the USA we believe all men [and women] are “endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”  Cruising [IMHO] falls squarely within that third Right, which comes from my creator, not the CDC, Governor or some other 'holier-than-thou' politician [or CC poster].

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

“Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel said 20 million doses will be available by the end of the year.”

“Overall, if both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are approved by the FDA, the U.S. could have as many as 60 million doses of vaccine available by the end of the year, Reuters reported.”

“The company [Moderna ] said it … hoped to manufacture 500 million to 1 billion doses globally in 2021” of which “Moderna has signed a $1.5 billion agreement with the federal government to purchase 100 million doses of its vaccine once it’s been approved.”  And that is only one of the potential vaccines.

Facts: 60 million doses will cover less than 9% of the population. Leaves 91% unprotected. You need 656 million doses. 

Facts: 500 million doses worldwide covers 3% of the world's population leaving 97% unprotected. You need 15.6 billion doses. 

Facts: Moderna's 100M doses will cover 15% of the population of the US. 

People throw around "big number" to sound impressive, but it is trivial in the war against the virus.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Facts: 60 million doses will cover less than 9% of the population. Leaves 91% unprotected. You need 656 million doses. 

Facts: 500 million doses worldwide covers 3% of the world's population leaving 97% unprotected. You need 15.6 billion doses. 

Facts: Moderna's 100M doses will cover 15% of the population of the US. 

People throw around "big number" to sound impressive, but it is trivial in the war against the virus.  

Agreed, unless the J&J vaccine works out. Please correct me if I’m wrong but that one is only 1 shot.

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

Agree, and then there's the small matter of travel insurance. I'd be extremely surprised if any travel insurance policy provided cover for COVID-19 to anyone who had not been vaccinated and in possession of a certificate confirming such!

I sell insurance in Europe and our holiday insurance companies are now including Covid19 cover as an option 

• Like 3