Black Friday / Cyber Monday Cruise Planner sale details

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Except that the Odyssey’s 6/8 night sailings are after Nov. 1 so there is no need to change them. 

Under the Indy unlimited dining packages, they still list alternate 6/8 day cruises, but the last column is is listed as 7 day.  I would not read too much into this.  Looks like all Caribbean sailings over 7 days are listed as 7 day cruises in that last column.  I really think they have not made up their mind what to do with the 8 day cruises at this time, and if they have, they are not telling anyone.

I also noticed you can now purchase add-ons for the Odyssey in 2022.  These were not available for purchase before.  Prices are STEEP (before the upcoming discount).  They are asking over $111 Canadian per day for the beverage package.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

What's the regular price for the UDP on an 8 night cruise?

Idk but the UDP price varies by class of ship, you might want to say which ship though he probably knows which one you asking about.

7 day liberty is usually 179, oasis 199 for instance.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Interesting, has unlimited dining and chops on sale, not 3 dinner. Have to see what unlimited is. Says see spreadsheet. 

Usually I wait on shore excursions but maybe this time for close in when we might have to only do thru ship worth it, have to see prices. The "up to" lol

Ends 3/31/22, sorry for those later in 2022 hahahaha

Perhaps the sails after 3/22 will show up at a later time...like the next BF in 2021.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Perhaps the sails after 3/22 will show up at a later time...like the next BF in 2021.

I have a cruise 3/28/22 I think, starts before the cut off so I'm wondering about that one.

Looks like I might owe them some money, depending on final udp and excursion prices. Like which excursions, is it only a few?  I for sure will be checking and probably spending ... I hope some bargains.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have a cruise 3/28/22 I think, starts before the cut off so I'm wondering about that one.

Looks like I might owe them some money, depending on final udp and excursion prices. Like which excursions, is it only a few?  I for sure will be checking and probably spending ... I hope some bargains.

That would also be included in next years BF/CM sale.

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Except that the Odyssey’s 6/8 night sailings are after Nov. 1 so there is no need to change them. 

On that spread sheet, my 8 night Odyssey is listed as a 7 night and the previous weeks 6 night is listed as 7 night.  My suspicion is that the 7 designation on the spread sheet is simply a catchall descriptor for all 6--8 night cruises and doesn't have as much significance as we might be ascribing to it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rockmom said:

I do also think that by not being an 8 night, those of us on the longer ones will have some significant port changes.  

I totally agree with you.  Long gone will be the Aruba and Curacao ports that we originally booked this cruise for (even though if you look at the summer of 2022, the Explorer does an 8 day cruise and actually adds a 4th port - one more than on the Indy cruise, somehow).  If they switch us to a 7 day East/West, I personally prefer a west to replace the west one we will be cancelling for March.  Also hoping we finally get to Coco Cay.  We have not been there yet and have always wanted to go there.

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

On that spread sheet, my 8 night Odyssey is listed as a 7 night and the previous weeks 6 night is listed as 7 night.  My suspicion is that the 7 designation on the spread sheet is simply a catchall descriptor for all 6--8 night cruises and doesn't have as much significance as we might be ascribing to it.

That is exactly what I was thinking...

6 hours ago, rockmom said:

I work for that little software company that Bill Gates founded. Excel is in my blood, I pivoted on all my sailings and filtered columns like crazy and saw that.  I'm such a nerd.  

I did all kinds of data manipulation writing macros for Lotus 123.  By the time Excel came out I did not have the need to do much of that anymore so I have never learned to use most of it.  

My DD is a teacher at a school not far from Redmond. 

• Like 1

Thank you, Ken! I’ve been debating whether or not I want to make any more cruise planner purchases for our September cruise. There’s a good chance I’ll be doing at least some shopping once I see what the actual prices, as opposed to percent off onboard prices, turn out to be. 

8 hours ago, Gardener5b said:
  • 2 days ago, my Empress 5/31/21 sailing had the beverage package for $43/day.  Today it is $57/day.

That's like my Harmony sailing for next September which has had The Key regularly alternating  between $19.99 and $24.99 for months. This week it's gone up to $31.99, clearly in preparation for being "discounted" in the BF/CM sale.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, strathcona said:

thanks for the link to the agent site. disappointed. been holding out for the 30% off each guest. our kid is no longer 12. has not been that in a long time, i am sure we always book the 30% off deal in the past. has isolation got me confused

30% off each guest is the same as 60% off the the second guest. With the 60% off second guest and kids sail free,,  guests 3 and 4 (if adults) are also discounted 30%.  The total fare would be the same. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for sharing this! What with how insane this year has been and with our Thanksgiving just me, hubby, and DS this year I had forgotten about Black Friday sales.  I think our BP will be a good deal. And looks like our Coco Cay plans will be, too.  So I should get to use a good chunk of the OBC from our other cancelled 2020 cruise.

What a year!

• Like 1