New vaccine

hollyjess

Thanks Phil

Well, I guess ‘every little helps’, so 5m doses will be another 2.5m people vaccinated.  You’re probably right - it will be announced in triumph at one of the daily briefings which I think are starting up again soon.  

1 minute ago, Ardennais said:

The sentences don’t go right to the end of the line. Some do, but others jump to a new line half way across.  How do they appear to you? 

Ah got you .Terrible, trial and error, not to long ago they altered the reply box .

I try to stay within the faint blue line above but now and again , it jumps a line 

but if I spot it before the 20 mins edit is up , I will try to correct it .

Thanks for the kind words about my posts , you take care & keep safe  :classic_smile:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

Ah got you .Terrible, trial and error, not to long ago they altered the reply box .

I try to stay within the faint blue line above but now and again , it jumps a line 

but if I spot it before the 20 mins edit is up , I will try to correct it .

Thanks for the kind words about my posts , you take care & keep safe  :classic_smile:

I know you’re special (!), but why does it only happen to you?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I see EU Regulators have approved the Moderna vaccine.  I wonder when the UK will reach a conclusion on this one?  Hopefully within days, to give those in charge of rolling out the vaccination programme three strings to their bow

Anybody heard any whispers?

I remember reading that supplies of the Moderna vaccine are not scheduled to arrive until Spring so they have plenty of time to give approval.

UK government secures additional 2 million doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I can understand the stance that the vaccine suppliers and WHO are taking as they use the same scientific rational as I have been taught. I can also see the government backed by the health and science advisers point. 

Can I point out that WHO have not been very reliable concerning this pandemic. They were very slow  to take action at the begining, when even I could see what was happening. I'm not saying that a speedier acknowledgment would have slowed the speed of the spread, but countries would have  been able to put their plans into effect sooner. 

Avril

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Can I point out that WHO have not been very reliable concerning this pandemic. They were very slow  to take action at the begining, when even I could see what was happening. I'm not saying that a speedier acknowledgment would have slowed the speed of the spread, but countries would have  been able to put their plans into effect sooner. 

Avril

The W.H.O.  have been criminal from the begining as have the chinese government in their attempted cover up in nov.19.A speedier acknowledgement from these people from the begining would certainly mean this virus would have been stopped in it's tracks,just like others were before.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I remember reading that supplies of the Moderna vaccine are not scheduled to arrive until Spring so they have plenty of time to give approval.

UK government secures additional 2 million doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Which would mean the Moderna vaccines will not be given to the so called first 4 groups to be vaccinated by end of Feb as described yesterday?. Surely they will not cross vaccinate for want of a better term - give one shot of Astra than the second shot Moderna? That might be very dangerous indeed it is type different types of vaccine. And also I wonder if Moderna will be subjected to the same 3-12 week business?

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

They haven't but they have fair sway in some area's, we will never know for sure, as most organisations tend not to trumpet their misgivings to all. I could also add my cynical side to the fact that it was not in Pfizers best interest to trial the vaccine with a longer period between doses, more vaccine used as quickly as possible generates more money, after all these companies are there to make money. I know I have probably seeded a conspiracy theory but I have tried to consider as many aspects as possible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Don't think you can mix the mRNA vaccines (pfizer and Moderna) with the Astra one which is totally different.  It works on T cells.

Jean. I thought you said you were working from home. How can the harbour function if you are swatting up on virology?.🤣

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Don't think you can mix the mRNA vaccines (pfizer and Moderna) with the Astra one which is totally different.  It works on T cells.

You are probably right, they are a bit like chalk and cheese and it would be a high risk strategy at the moment, however many diseases are now treated with drug cocktails that would have been unheard of in the past. The oxford vaccine will still create a T cell response as T cells are only a small if important part of the immune system as does the mRNA vaccines. mRNA vaccines are fairly new and there is only a fraction of data compared with the standard vaccines. It is far too early to tell how all this will pan out, and how future covid vaccines will be developed and used.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

latest figures just released, especially in my local area, rate 1255.8 😟

Yikes!

It only seems like yesterday that the government stopped us holidaying anywhere with a figure above 20.

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Confused the heck out of me at first, but now I'm used to it. I put it down to eccentric Kalos.🙃

Avril

Does this seem better Avril ?  I do use a large screen PC and most of the time the format looks good to me . I tend not to go to the end of the page as it looks fine to me but not realising maybe people using phones , it could leave a annoying gap.

Sorry for any distress caused to peoples eyeballs ,if that was the case .:classic_unsure:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Does this seem better Avril ?  I do use a large screen PC and most of the time the format looks good to me . I tend not to go to the end of the page as it looks fine to me but not realising maybe people using phones , it could leave a annoying gap.

Sorry for any distress caused to peoples eyeballs ,if that was the case .:classic_unsure:

I thought your old way made your posts Stand Out.

I am normally laughing reading your posts anyway.

Graham.👍😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

latest figures just released, especially in my local area, rate 1255.8 😟

I thought I was the same as you but I'm just over the border into the next area and ours is 1262.3, a bit worrying isn't it? 🙁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I thought your old way made your posts Stand Out.

I am normally laughing reading your posts anyway.

Graham.👍😂

They certainly looked longer, but quality, not quantity.😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just think, you have been posting for donkeys years and nobody said. Polite lot aren't we🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

It does but tbh kalos it's not you now. It never bothered me at all. I prefer the old way, it was unique to you.

Can we have a vote ? 

Old way✔️

New way 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
big oops
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

Much easier to read now - on my PC and iPad. 👍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It does but tbh kalos it's not you now. It never bothered me at all. I prefer the old way, it was unique to you.

Can we have a vote ? 

Old way✔️

New way 

Avril

Old way, easy to read and unique to Kalos ☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2