Mardi Gras Inaugural

CCLcruiser91

30 minutes ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

All the Mardi Gras cruises for Feb-Mar are gone.  For April, it only shows the 24th.

It sure looks like the inaugural cruise might have been changed again from 2/6/21 to 4/24/21

Has anyone heard anything?

All quiet, which is not a good thing.  This will be the third inaugural on the Mardi Gras we have been on and cancelled, if it happens.  I hope that is not the case. 

I noticed that too. We are book on the Mardi Gras April 3rd (just bought our airfare last night).  😞

Yesterday I was able to look at available cabins as we were considering changing, not 24 hours later, the cruise is gone from the website.  This will be the 5th cruise cancelled if that is the case.

Third inaugural cancellation for us too. The timeline of events with this morning showing 2/6 availability, then site goes down for awhile when it comes back up the cruise is greyed out. Following morning we get the official emails. So far happened twice the same. I’m not surprised, but sad. Will move my booking to 4/24, already put a hold on new room. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

All the Mardi Gras cruises for Feb-Mar are gone.  For April, it only shows the 24th.

It sure looks like the inaugural cruise might have been changed again from 2/6/21 to 4/24/21

Has anyone heard anything?

This might actually be a good thing.   Inaugural cruises are pretty rough, and hardly go as planned.

Same thing for return to service of wet and dry docks.  I wouldn't be caught dead on one again.

Hmm.  We are booked on that 24 April 2021 cruise.  Did not expect it to be the inaugural cruise!

It will be very interesting if that is indeed the case, but frankly, at this stage, I will not be surprised if it is eventually cancelled.

Sigh.  We've cancelled all of our vacations so far in 2020, including two cruises, plus no graduation ceremonies (I think we were going to go to three different ones), cut back on a wedding attendance (just one of us went to a small ceremony/celebration out of state), and even my international business travel has been toasted.  We really need a break, so that cruise is something we are really looking forward to.

Again, sigh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Hmm.  We are booked on that 24 April 2021 cruise.  Did not expect it to be the inaugural cruise!

It will be very interesting if that is indeed the case, but frankly, at this stage, I will not be surprised if it is eventually cancelled.

Sigh.  We've cancelled all of our vacations so far in 2020, including two cruises, plus no graduation ceremonies (I think we were going to go to three different ones), cut back on a wedding attendance (just one of us went to a small ceremony/celebration out of state), and even my international business travel has been toasted.  We really need a break, so that cruise is something we are really looking forward to.

Again, sigh.

You chose widely

we booked a long time ago for the 4/24/21, wanting to not be on the inaugural so the kinks can be worked out.

Now, I think they might have to do more test cruises, so the kinks might be less likely-but we are still working with an 80% chance of us cancelling due to likely Covid-19 restrictions and concerns over health of myself and the family (age/existing health conditions)

24 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Sold out. I guess some $%^ travel agents blocked all the remaining cabins. Some will open up later...

Or they are at capacity.  I would love to be on the inaugural.  

Edited by jimbo5544