Would you do Alaska cruise/tour 21 or 2022?

MudderBear

20 hours ago, kaymit said:

I am a travel agent and have my own next cruise booked for 2022.  I am and have advised clients to skip international travel in 2021 as it will be a "transition" year with many requirements/restriction in place for 2021.  Local travel within the US if OK if after summer.  At least this is what I am telling my clients.

Problem with this advice is will the cruiselines survive another year without making any money? 

2 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Problem with this advice is will the cruiselines survive another year without making any money? 

I'm not a shareholder. So, it's Mickey's problem. I'm not worried!

MSC is owned by the MSC shipping group. Ponant by a French billionaire. So plenty of survivors in the industry.

Should you want to support a brand? Give them cash.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:16 AM, Cruzinnana47 said:

Have just put a May, 2022 booking on hold (Ruby 10-day Inside Passage w/GB) to make up for our May, 2021 cruise which Princess recently cancelled. Had a 2020 7-day booked on the Emerald cancelled in March.

Hopefully this one will be a go...3rd time's  the charm!🤞

We have only recently booked our 3rd Alaska cruise for 2022 after the previous 2 bookings have been cancelled. 

I just cancelled our 15 day cruisetour for Sept 2021 and rebooked for June 2022, have never booked a cruise so far out. I want the freedom to roam and do a non ship excursion if I want.  Do have a Caribbean B2B on NCL scheduled for April which I am waiting to see what will happen with that. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 9:28 AM, gmjc2 said:

Booked on May 10th 2021 -5 day from Vancouver to Vancouver but all rides on Canada opening up the port and Not getting cancelled again!

Will have the vaccine by then because I have 4 medically high risk conditions. All stable thank goodness!

But you will be behind many others according to the CDC directives.

20 hours ago, Potstech said:

But you will be behind many others according to the CDC directives.

Our Governor just announced that the over 65's will be  vaccinated in the next couple of weeks or so. They showed some ( very wealthy) seniors getting it in the Villages of central Florida. Money always talks!! 

They got it before we were even told of the new policy. Of course it was a photo op for the gov!!

And in other states they are planning to vaccinate criminals and "essential people" like lawyers and exterminators before seniors.  It was all well and good until the vaccine was made public now who see who the selfless and greedy are.  On all sides.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

And in other states they are planning to vaccinate criminals and "essential people" like lawyers and exterminators before seniors.  It was all well and good until the vaccine was made public now who see who the selfless and greedy are.  On all sides.

We believe that the essential workers should get it before the general elderly population. After all the workers are exposed every day to the selfish idiots who will not wear a mask. If we believed that they would actually give it to an EMT or grocery clerk should we refuse it then we probably would but that won't happen. It would just go to one of these rich seniors who are cronies of our Governor.  As I have 4 high risk conditions I will take it as soon  as it is offered to me. No regrets.

Define "Essential workers"  It changes not only state to state but city to city.  In some places tattoo parlors, strip joints and marijuana shops are considered essential. 

If offered to me I will have a hole in my arm minutes later.

Edited by Potstech

Plan A and Plan B!  Have a couple of Alaskan cruises booked for 2021 (July, August) but also put deposits on similar cruises in 2022.  Used FCC as refundable deposits so not out $$.  Hopefully we can cancel the 2022 cruises and enjoy our 2021 Alaskan summer!

Hope everyone has a healthy and safe holiday season!

We were going to plan one for Mid May 2022 for our 20 wedding anniversary. We have about $2500 in future cruises credits to use. Then I look and you have to sail by May 1, 2022. We did Alaska cruise/ tour a few years ago on the Coral and really wanted to go back 😒 now to plan B 

3 hours ago, Discus16 said:

We were going to plan one for Mid May 2022 for our 20 wedding anniversary. We have about $2500 in future cruises credits to use. Then I look and you have to sail by May 1, 2022. We did Alaska cruise/ tour a few years ago on the Coral and really wanted to go back 😒 now to plan B 

Maybe your TA (if you use one) or you could call and ask for an extension on your FCC--explain the circumstances and see what happens.

13 hours ago, Discus16 said:

We have about $2500 in future cruises credits to use. Then I look and you have to sail by May 1, 2022.

9 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Maybe your TA (if you use one) or you could call and ask for an extension on your FCC--explain the circumstances and see what happens.

When the FCCs were issued, the latest sailing on the Princess schedule was May 1, 2022. Now that the schedule has been set up past that date, I would hope Princess would extend the deadline for using the FCCs, especially since so many 2021 cruises have already been cancelled.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

When the FCCs were issued, the latest sailing on the Princess schedule was May 1, 2022. Now that the schedule has been set up past that date, I would hope Princess would extend the deadline for using the FCCs, especially since so many 2021 cruises have already been cancelled.

12 hours ago, Italy52 said:

There’s no harm in asking, as you can expect the worst answer or be pleasantly surprised.

2022.   Would not even consider 2021.  Even IF Canada does open ports in Q3 the onboard and on shore environments are unknown.

We are hoping to be able to do some European land travel in Sept/Oct.  We believe that is very iffy.  We do not intend to book anything until a few weeks (or les) prior to our departure.

Edited by iancal

On 12/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, Discus16 said:

Our TA booked a June 2022 Alaska cruisetour for us last week.  He called and had Princess extend our FCC that was due to expire May 1, 2022 so that we could use it for that cruise.  Princess was very nice about it; they even called me to say they were extending the FCC.  We paid $200 deposit, and the booking shows the FCC credited to the balance.  We are pleased with that.  Now hope and pray that cruise ships will sail again soon.

We were originally booked for June of 2021.  We cancelled and are in the process now of rebooking for June of 2022.  It's our first trip to Alaska, and I don't want to be finding out that we can't do certain excursions, or go certain places due to restrictions.  Too much is unknown, and it's not worth the stress.  

We have a September, 21 Med cruise booked along with two in 22. Based on what I heard on TV about the rate of people being vaccinated we will most likely cancel September, 21 and keep our fingers crossed for 2022.  Every state is different, and the order of vacations varies between states. At this rate who knows when we’ll be safe to cruise. I wonder if the European countries are more uniformly planning for vaccines.