Who's booked for September 2021?

HappyInVan

The roll-out of vaccination is proceeding more slowly than anticipated...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/30/covid-us-needs-to-vaccinate-3-million-people-per-day-to-hit-goal.html

IMO, we need to start thinking about a resumption of general cruising as late as September. The more infectious strain discovered in the UK is a wildcard. UK will be undergoing lockdowns for months, like Melbourne.

In the meantime, protect yourself. This 41-year man died in just 10 days...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/30/congressman-elect-luke-letlow-dies-after-covid-diagnosis.html

FYI, this 'never cruiser' has an Iceland cruise booked for August. Recently added MSC Mediterranean for October. Fingers crossed! I expected to be vax by July!

• Like 1

We are booked from late August through late December 2021 on 8 cruises.  Right now, as long as bookings are made before 1/31/21 they can be moved to other dates with no penalty.  Waiting to see if RCCL cancels a cruise , which delays the FCC, but they usually give an extra 25%.  Our cruising is dependent on us both being vaccinated twice and testing negative before we cruise.  We expect to start our vaccinations in January/February, and we are pretty much sheltering at home, with minimal grocery and food pick-ups, always wearing a mask outside our home.

Here's hoping it all works out OK by next August!

Princess is more liberal right now with their Book With Confidence policy, and are giving a later "book by" date and "cruise by" date, but we had to wait for our FCC to show up before we could book our replacement cruises.  So, we aren't on Princess until March 2022.  RCCL is giving double points all throughout 2021 and into 2022, so we booked them for our 2021 cruises.  

Edited by pcur

We are booked on a cruise out of LA mid September.    I am feeling quite positive for this, but I guess time will tell.

In regards to the rollout of vaccines, I am not worried yet about the current delays(we are in Canada and are experiencing the same issue).   I expect it will pick up significantly in January.

We just got good news about Oxford-As vaccine today.  While it is a bit confusing on the results, glad to see it is approved in the UK.  Hopefully, early in January we hear about the J&J vaccine as well.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Well good for you! Glad to see increasing confidence ... and a post without a depressing chart!

I'm just the messenger! 😐

The folks in the UK are in a grim situation.

“The government, which reported another 981 deaths from the virus in the last 24 hours, said three quarters of England’s population would be in the top tier of restrictions from 0001 on Thursday, covering 44.1 million people.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-tiers/uk-widens-english-lockdowns-as-covid-variant-surges-idUSKBN2941MX

BTW, at that pace, UK fatalities will double in 70 days! So, protect yourself and don't allow anyone to feed the pandemic. 😬

• Like 1

We have just booked for Sept 23rd on the sky princess something  to look forward to....  

we’re in the UK and yes there are rising cases but as long as you follow the rules /guidelines hopefully all will be fine by the spring 2021 - vaccines are imminent we are told 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deb24370 said:

We have just booked for Sept 23rd on the sky princess something  to look forward to....  

we’re in the UK and yes there are rising cases but as long as you follow the rules /guidelines hopefully all will be fine by the spring 2021 - vaccines are imminent we are told 

Glad you have booked , we are on the cruise after you .....hoping they get on with vaccination asap,but confident we will get on onboard in October.

• Like 2

I'm booked for December 2021 BUT I'm hoping for a coastal cruise in October 2021. If so I'll shift 1 of my April 2022 cruises (the one with kids) to that 5 day. 

I'm not slated to get vaccine until late spring / early summer per Fauci so I figure it'll be late summer / early fall. It's not going as stated

• Like 2

We now have three overlapping cruises booked for the fall of 2021 - these are not B2B2B, we can only take one. Hoping at least one won't get canceled so we can finally 'get out of Dodge'. Thanks to Princess' low deposits and generous cancellation policy, this is feasible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

We now have three overlapping cruises booked for the fall of 2021 - these are not B2B2B, we can only take one. Hoping at least one won't get canceled so we can finally 'get out of Dodge'. Thanks to Princess' low deposits and generous cancellation policy, this is feasible.

Thats why I've got the same cruise & same room booked for both October 21 & April 22 ..... no to just convince my dtr that the homeschool granddaughters can brave it this year. 

• Like 1

We "were" booked for 12 days to Alaska in September but the cruise was cancelled by Princess. Not only was the cruise cancelled but Princess is moving the ship (Sapphire) elsewhere. We're actually booked on the same ship for January 2022 in Australia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thrak said:

We "were" booked for 12 days to Alaska in September but the cruise was cancelled by Princess. Not only was the cruise cancelled but Princess is moving the ship (Sapphire) elsewhere. We're actually booked on the same ship for January 2022 in Australia.

I'm on her the month before you (to Great Barrier Reef) and hoping I can skip ship excursions.  I don't need someone to hike or boogie board with me

• Like 1

We are booked on Sky Princess May 14 and are waiting to see if Princess cancel before our final payment date mid February.  If they don't cancel the cruise we will cancel and lose our ( low ) deposit.  We don't feel that it will be sensible to go if not vaccinated and we don't think that we will have had both doses of the vaccine in time.  The UK government have decided that we will have the first dose of the vaccine and then have the second dose after 12 weeks so that more people will have some level of immunity more quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Booked on a 12nt. Mediterranean cruise Rome to Venice, October 2nd on Pacific Princess. The longer 19 day that ended in Ft. Lauderdale has been cancelled due to CDC regulations, but so far ours is still scheduled to sail. Keeping our fingers crossed. If that falls through, we may try to schedule something for Jan, 2022. 

• Like 1

We are booked 3 7-day B2B on Enchanted RT Rome Sept 4-25.  Then a 12 night with Celebrity Sept 28 to Oct 10 RT Rome Israel/Med.

I am certainly hopeful these will happen.  I do not think cruise industry can continue to survive if they cannot resume operations by then.

• Like 2

I have my first cruise, 11 days to Alaska, in August 2021 on Carnival & then in December 2021 on Ruby Princess to Hawaii both from San Francisco. In February 2021 on the Emerald around New Zealand. 

RCI is starting to train there entertainment staff, for 90 days this month. 

Interesting to see what happens btw now & then. Princess is taking reservations for April 1, 2021. 

Tom😀

• Thanks 1

Today is 2 Jan.  Although the vaccination progress in the United States has started slow;  I have faith we are going to spend the money to fast track getting more vaccines delivered.  Once we get the other  companies approved;  like Johnson&Johnson who said their trials should be completed by end of this month; and tntv approval in Feb.  AZ has been approved in the UK;  so hopefully we can buy some of their supply to ship to the US.  So things are looking pretty good.  Sit back relax;  have a cup of coffee;  watch your old cruise DVD movies and have fun;  2021 is going to bring lots of joy to everyone

• Like 2

CVS has started vaccinating nursing home residents and staff in my county & the one in my home town is done. This is in addition to the hospital & county staff vaccines. Apparently no one has turned them down so far 

• Like 1

We were booked on this years New years cruise on the Sky but cancelled before final payment and before it cancelled itself .  Interestingly it wouldn’t have worked out anyway as I had Covid and our friend developed a blood clot and is in the hospital this week.

Therefore we have no interest to book any cruise in 2021 or 2022 as yet as things are still very fragile and we will need assurance things are back to normal before we book

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth

To be blunt, I just can’t see much cruising really starting up again until most of the ship’s crew is able to get access to a vaccine. A ship’s crew normally comprises around 20% of the “people” on a ship.  And any sailings where at least 20% of the people onboard are vulnerable to Covid is just a situation waiting to happen. 

To expand further, I also can’t see (most) cruise ship staff somehow getting vaccine access before the general public in the USA, Canada, EU, etc.  Not to get too much into the ethics, but right or wrong, the full general populace of the wealthier nations will get the opportunity for vaccination first. Those from the less wealthier nations (which is where a significant number of the crew comes from) will lag behind in vaccine access. 

The other dynamic will be that in the coming months, there likely will be a time frame where the older residents (and certain essential worker groups) of the wealthier countries will be vaccinated, and ready to cruise.  But again the ships crew won’t be yet. 

Long story short... I don’t think cruises will be able to resume until the crew can get the shot, which could take a while.