VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

14 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Hospitals. Fireman, 

Clearly we aren't marshalling our resources, are we?  Is anyone in charge putting their thinking caps on?

TN still hasn't vaccinated all its nursing home patients and nursing home workers, so I don't see how I'm going to get my shot in Feb. or March according to the state health dept.'s website.  Yesterday I got an email from Vanderbilt acknowledging I'm over 65 and have a heart condition.  I'm hoping their Heart Clinic is going to be my "in".

I have a European river cruise booked for this December, but now I'm questioning whether the Netherlands or any other country is going to allow US resident to enter until we get this thing under control.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Florida has been rolling it out in Publix supermarkets, convention centers ,and they are starting Monday at testing centers .

Not in my part of the state.  We supposedly have online registration for our area.  I signed up for a text alert that is sent when the health department’s appointment system opens up again.  This past Friday I received the alert and immediately clicked on the link for signing up.  When I selected a date, I would get a message to refresh the page, which I did numerous times.  Within a couple of minutes, the message changed to say no more appointments were available.  Very frustrating!

55 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

My sister, a nurse, got hers in December at Oschner and her final last week.  My mother and older sibs were all able to get their vaccines last week either in Jefferson Parish or Tangipahoa Parish.  Call your local hospital or hospital clinic

As to the ranking it all depends on how the state aggregates the data and how often the state releases the data.  That table is like comparing apples to oranges

Exactly.    Ochsner is the largest health care provider in the state.  Of the 74,480 doses of vaccine so far distributed in Louisiana, 61,575 have gone to Ochsner of which 30,325 have been actually used. 

Ochsner has prioritized those patients seen within the last three years regardless of how minor the complaint.  Although a number is listed for non patients, or patients like me who have not seen an Ochsner physician recently, when one calls the number one hears a recorded spiel, then the line hangs up.

Other outlets for the vaccine such as pharmacies throughout the state have received less than 100 doses per location.  The most common way to obtain a vaccination occurs at the end of the day, when an in house message notifies employees at other hospital or clinic locations that unused doses are available.  Naturally, those employees immediately sign up and call parents or other elderly relatives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roz said:

yesterday I saw something on the news that said only 22 Publix in FL were giving shots.  I guess it's a start, but it's frustrating.

The governor announced only 3 counties last Tuesday for the experiment of using grocery store pharmacies. All appointments were taking within 3 hours of the Website finally accepting them on Thursday.

• Like 1

I am here in Toronto and Ottawa, Ontario Canada.

No vaccine availability at any drug store period.

Only via government Health Units, not going well.

It is only the Pfizer vaccine available - the Ontario government only allowing the 1st dose, no second does as required by Pfizer.

We are locked down totally and subject to a curfew tomorrow - yes a curfew. In Quebec, already a curfew. A police state.

• Like 1

My sister in law, a nurse practitioner in Flagstaff, AZ had the first dose last Monday, my daughter in Seattle, a Speech and Language Pathologist, received email that she can have hers now.  Very happy for them!  I receive emails from many pharmacies, CVS, Walgreens ... about Covid-19. Nothing about a vaccine timeline or availability. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Florida has been rolling it out in Publix supermarkets, convention centers ,and they are starting Monday at testing centers .

Mother got her shot last week in Florida from the county health department.....We signed her up online last Sunday, she got a call Monday with a 8:30am appointment last Tuesday....Very easy and efficient rolling....Let's continue to get 'er done.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Before you all get totally discouraged and bent out of shape remember it is only January 10, 2021.  For perspective the first lockdown date was March 19, 2020    First Lockdown Dates by State

And remember many, many, many of you felt there would be no vaccine for years.

It is miraculous what has been done in such a short period of time.......

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ABoatNerd said:

The Ontario government only allowing the 1st dose, no second does as required by Pfizer.

With respect, that is incorrect.

Ontario is providing the second shot, with 5884 persons fully (ie both shots) inoculated as of 10h30 this morning. (source: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario)   The Moderna vax was on the ground in Ontario as of 30 December, being rolled out to managed care facilities, and the province has asked Health Canada to investigate withholding the second shot of that vaccine. (sources: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-december-29-vaccine-reopen-1.5856296   and https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/59871/ontario-accelerates-covid-19-vaccinations-for-long-term-care-homes-in-priority-regions

Québec is currently withholding the second shot.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-second-vaccine-dose-delays-1.5861194 

Sorry to be pedantic, but misinformation is not helpful.   Scott.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Where in Florida?  I didn't see it at any of our Tampa Publix.

2 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

With respect, that is incorrect.

Ontario is providing the second shot, with 5884 persons fully (ie both shots) inoculated as of 10h30 this morning. (source: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario)   The Moderna vax was on the ground in Ontario as of 30 December, being rolled out to managed care facilities, and the province has asked Health Canada to investigate withholding the second shot of that vaccine. (sources: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-december-29-vaccine-reopen-1.5856296   and https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/59871/ontario-accelerates-covid-19-vaccinations-for-long-term-care-homes-in-priority-regions

Québec is currently withholding the second shot.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-second-vaccine-dose-delays-1.5861194 

Sorry to be pedantic, but misinformation is not helpful.   Scott.   

Thanks for the update. It was not misinformation, rather time delay.

Irregardless, the issue seems to be the very different approaches in each state and province. It seems there is limited to no national oversight, I guess due to accountabilities.

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

Where in Florida?  I didn't see it at any of our Tampa Publix.

2685 N. FOREST RIDGE BLVD

HERNANDO

CITRUS

6760 W. GULF TO LAKE ROAD HIGH

CRYSTAL RIVER

CITRUS

9525 SOUTH SUNCOAST BLVD.

HOMOSASSA

CITRUS

1012 WEST MAIN ST.

INVERNESS

CITRUS

13455 COUNTY LINE RD.

SPRING HILL

HERNANDO

160 MARINER BLVD

SPRING HILL

HERNANDO

4365 COMMERICAL WAY

SPRING HILL

HERNANDO

14371 SPRIN HILL DRIVE

SPRING HILL

HERNANDO

4158 MARINER BLVD

SPRING HILL

HERNANDO

9595 COMMERCIAL WAY

WEEKI WACHEE

HERNANDO

19390 CORTEZ BLVD.

BROOKSVILLE

HERNANDO

2765 NW 49TH AVE, SUITE 301

OCALA

MARION

8075 SW HIGHWAY 200, UNIT 111

OCALA

MARION

303 SE 17TH STREET

OCALA

MARION

10135 US HWY 441

BELLEVIEW

MARION

2655 NE 35TH STREET

OCALA

MARION

7578 MARICAMP ROAD STE 100

OCALA

MARION

5400 S.W. COLLEGE RD STE 200

OCALA

MARION

11352 NORTH WILLIAMS ST, SUITE 400

DUNNELLON

MARION

2575 SW 42ND ST., SUITE 100

OCALA

MARION

Citrus County residents needing assistance with the Publix online appointment system or needing access to a computer or internet are encouraged to visit any Citrus County Library location for assistance. For a list of locations and hours, visit https://www.citruslibraries.org/locations/.

Central Ridge: 352.746.6622

Coastal Region: 352.795.3716

Floral City: 352.726.3671

9 hours ago, cunnorl said:

In Brevard County Florida where I live they are asking for volunteers to assist.  I signed up as I am a retired RN. I also gave flu vaccines to a large corporation for many years.  There were about 50 people signed up ahead of me.

I, too, am a retired RN (expired license) -- I signed up to volunteer here in Washington State to be of use in any way possible.

• Like 5

DH and I live in a large 55+ resort community in FL near Tampa and we received our first vaccine shot last week and the second will be in 3 weeks. Administered by the county health dept. No lines, no waits - we had specific appts. Our particular community was one of five that participated in a grant project with the county health dept. several years ago on developing a pandemic plan, including vaccination distribution. I don't know if this participation helped us get the vaccine early or not, but we are proud to be part of a community that was so forward looking. I'm hoping the new administration will roll out their fair and fast vaccine distribution plan asap.

• Like 1

I am happy that your community was so forward looking.  I live in Ocala.  Our health dept posted on their website that we could register and would be called in the order in which we responded.  DH and I registered within 1/2 hour.  That was 2 weeks ago.  They have given thousands of shots.  We have never been called.  We missed out on Publix too.  I stayed up all night, kept checking, never found the site active.  It always said check back later.  By 9:09am the site said all spots were gone.  I don't know what happened there.  Third try was Advent Health at Orlando Airport.  Finally we were successful.  We have appointments for Jan 14.  So happy.  We are over 80 and I have blood cancer in remission for now but am still very vulnerable.  We have been hibernating since March 15 when we returned from a cruise.  We are more than happy to drive 100 miles each way for the shot.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mustgo said:

I am happy that your community was so forward looking.  I live in Ocala.  Our health dept posted on their website that we could register and would be called in the order in which we responded.  DH and I registered within 1/2 hour.  That was 2 weeks ago.  They have given thousands of shots.  We have never been called.  We missed out on Publix too.  I stayed up all night, kept checking, never found the site active.  It always said check back later.  By 9:09am the site said all spots were gone.  I don't know what happened there.  Third try was Advent Health at Orlando Airport.  Finally we were successful.  We have appointments for Jan 14.  So happy.  We are over 80 and I have blood cancer in remission for now but am still very vulnerable.  We have been hibernating since March 15 when we returned from a cruise.  We are more than happy to drive 100 miles each way for the shot.

Glad you were able to get an appointment.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:36 AM, mame42 said:

Exactly.    Ochsner is the largest health care provider in the state.  Of the 74,480 doses of vaccine so far distributed in Louisiana, 61,575 have gone to Ochsner of which 30,325 have been actually used. 

Ochsner has prioritized those patients seen within the last three years regardless of how minor the complaint.  Although a number is listed for non patients, or patients like me who have not seen an Ochsner physician recently, when one calls the number one hears a recorded spiel, then the line hangs up.

Other outlets for the vaccine such as pharmacies throughout the state have received less than 100 doses per location.  The most common way to obtain a vaccination occurs at the end of the day, when an in house message notifies employees at other hospital or clinic locations that unused doses are available.  Naturally, those employees immediately sign up and call parents or other elderly relatives.

Hello. You need to sign up for a MyOschner account. Once you have an account, you should be able to set up a “visit” and choose COVID vaccine. It helped me get my mother an appt. and her doctor is not related to Ochsner. In fact, they schedule 2 appts at that time. Please try.

• Like 1

Each state seems to be handling it differently. I am in Oklahoma and one of the problems is there hasn’t been nearly enough vaccine released. Hopefully that will change when Biden takes over but who knows. I have received the first shot but had to drive an hour and a half in order to get an appointment. Everything else was filled up. Now I can worry about getting an appointment for the second shot. I feel lucky to have progressed this far.