VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

2 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Not here in California . We have looked there repeatedly & not once was there any CVS ever listed in Calif giving covid vaccine injections . We just  seen some one post about a Walgreens  giving  vaccine injections in San Diego county .  The problem with a lot of information posted on this thread is it it too old , not accurate or totally misconstrued when it comes to vaccine availability  . We patiently wait for the JnJ vaccine to  be available in our city or close by  because this is what our doctor recommends for us 

I just looked through the list and  lots of CVS are listed in California  and some showing availability right at this moment. It may not be the J&J and may not be in your exact location but still could help others.

8 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Not here in California . We have looked there repeatedly & not once was there any CVS ever listed in Calif giving covid vaccine injections .

To say this is misleading and untrue.

I literally just went to that site and found dozens and dozens of locations in California with CVS pharmacies providing injections.  Of course many have no current availability -- but that is a very different thing to saying that "not once was there any CVS ever listed in California giving covid vaccine injections!

Screen shot from 5 minutes ago:

image.thumb.png.862c7e651cde90a3054a92ee31d4a7ab.png  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

I just looked through the list and  lots of CVS are listed in California  and some showing availability right at this moment. It may not be the J&J and may not be in your exact location but still could help others.

We go to this web site : CVS.com/coronavirus   & when you fo there & then click on the state of California  nothing ever appears  to show locations with vaccines .This has been my experience all the time & that means many many times in trying .So I do not understand your comments a about CVS 

1 minute ago, cruisemom42 said:

To say this is misleading and untrue.

I literally just went to that site and found dozens and dozens of locations in California with CVS pharmacies providing injections.  Of course many have no current availability -- but that is a very different thing to saying that "not once was there any CVS ever listed in California giving covid vaccine injections!

Screen shot from 5 minutes ago:

image.thumb.png.862c7e651cde90a3054a92ee31d4a7ab.png  

what URL are you using ?

3 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We go to this web site : CVS.com/coronavirus   & when you fo there & then click on the state of California  nothing ever appears  to show locations with vaccines .This has been my experience all the time & that means many many times in trying .So I do not understand your comments a about CVS 

Try this one instead

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine

5 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

To me & others this is totally frustrating . I just went there & zero appointments . No areas came yp they asked for our zip code . what we have been seeing all along  whether this web site or Myturn.ca.gov is the same no appointments available to any one who even wants the pfe or Moderna vaccines  . Just  very upsetting  to our neighbors ie 

1 minute ago, mcrcruiser said:

To me & others this is totally frustrating . I just went there & zero appointments . No areas came yp they asked for our zip code . what we have been seeing all along  whether this web site or Myturn.ca.gov is the same no appointments available to any one who even wants the pfe or Moderna vaccines  . Just  very upsetting  to our neighbors ie 

Each day in the morning (6 am for those of us in EST) new appts are added, you need to keep an eye on this site each morning 

1 minute ago, mcrcruiser said:

@mcrcruiser  I started looking at Walgreens and could never find an appt.  My niece, who works at one, told me to check constantly!  From one minute to the next it can change.  Also, find what stores (Walgreens or CVS and call one; they can tell you who is) actually are giving it; they aren't all giving it and use THAT zip code specifically.  For example, 2 yesterday I looked 2X in the morning and neither local store had it and the website said no store would have it for the next 5 days within 25 miles of me.  I looked again early afternoon and  there were appointments!  Quickly leaped on one for my DH and he's going today to get his first vaccine.  Just keep at it and you'll find something.  Good luck!

Linda R.

• Like 2

I am not going to read 34 pages to see if this has been suggested before, but I know many with success using vaccinespotter.org.  It takes five minutes to register and get an appointment, generally within the next few days.   You are booking directly with the pharmacies in your area, get an email confirmation.  I realize areas of the country are different.  Here in TN, there were vaccines left over every day, so state opened this week to anyone over 16.   Again, vaccinespotter.org. 

Yesterday we got a call from 211 which is the volunteer phone for the county of SD . They told me the  vaccines were in short supply at this time . They also said the it will be a while to get the JnJ vaccine 

Absolutely different parts of the USA are different with the availability of the vaccine 

5 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Yesterday we got a call from 211 which is the volunteer phone for the county of SD . They told me the  vaccines were in short supply at this time . They also said the it will be a while to get the JnJ vaccine 

Absolutely different parts of the USA are different with the availability of the vaccine 

California is ready to open up to 50 and over.  Do you have a relationship with a doctor, a pharmacy or a senior citizen organization that can advocate for you?  People in San Diego county are getting vaccinated at Vons, Albertsons, CVS, etc.  My daughter was awake around 3 a.m. and logged in and managed to get appointments for her and DH last week....her Pfizer, him Johnson and Johnson.  Call Sharp hospital, I think they are planning to visit the homebound.    

12 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

JNJ has only released 4 millions doses so far. They are releasing another 9 million doses this upcoming week so you may have a chance. But both Pfizer and Moderna are releasing millions of additional doses this upcoming week as well so finding a JNJ dose will be even more like finding a needle in a haystack especially considering they tend to send those doses to harder to reach communities. 

16 minutes ago, Laminator said:

JNJ has only released 4 millions doses so far. They are releasing another 9 million doses this upcoming week so you may have a chance. But both Pfizer and Moderna are releasing millions of additional doses this upcoming week as well so finding a JNJ dose will be even more like finding a needle in a haystack especially considering they tend to send those doses to harder to reach communities. 

We must take the JnJ  one shot vaccine per our doctor 

27 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We must take the JnJ  one shot vaccine per our doctor 

What is his or her medical reasoning for saying that? 

It seemed to me you had already made up your minds before you started saying that it was on your doctor's advice....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

It seemed to me you had already made up your minds before you started saying that it was on your doctor's advice....

Exactly. Mcrcruiser has been adamant from the beginning that he has a list of conditions that must be met, including: won't go far from home, will not check the websites often, now will only have the J & J vaccine.
If that is how he wants it to be, then it's necessary to accept the consequences and wait his turn. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Exactly. Mcrcruiser has been adamant from the beginning that he has a list of conditions that must be met, including: won't go far from home, will not check the websites often, now will only have the J & J vaccine.
If that is how he wants it to be, then it's necessary to accept the consequences and wait his turn. 

We had no choice in Florida.  Moderna or nothing.  We don't care; we are very relieved to have received the full vaccination.....a while ago.  Florida has been doing a good job. In my opinion, others may disagree. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I see you have been following this quite closely Ruth. Way before JNJ was approved the issue was too far from home and being to busy to spend time trying to hunt down an appt. The story seems to change depending on which way the wind blows. 

Edited by Laminator

52 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Ruth,  This individual is in charge of our Hawaii Feb. 2022 roll call on the Koningsdam and is very vocal about organizing fun: slot pulls, gift exchanges, poker... the list of organized "fun" is extensive!  I live in Southern CA and appointments are available (I am fully vaccinated now and grateful for the vaccine I got🙂) I just want to cruise and relax. Mccruiser spends too much time complaining here and on our roll call thread and doesn't sound very fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

What is his or her medical reasoning for saying that? 

Probably because JNJ is one and done.  The others are two doses which adds another element...getting to the vaccination site a second time.

1 hour ago, Loreto said:

Ruth,  This individual is in charge of our Hawaii Feb. 2022 roll call on the Koningsdam and is very vocal about organizing fun: slot pulls, gift exchanges, poker... the list of organized "fun" is extensive!  I live in Southern CA and appointments are available (I am fully vaccinated now and grateful for the vaccine I got🙂) I just want to cruise and relax. Mccruiser spends too much time complaining here and on our roll call thread and doesn't sound very fun.

So many have tried to help him but he keeps coming up with another excuse. He just wants to complain. I checked myturn yesterday and there were LOTS of appointments available at the Del Mar super site for 3/30 and 4/1. I let several friends know and they were able to book appointments!

• Like 2

@mcrcruiser another thing you might do is create an account directly with cvs.com.  Because I have been ordering stuff online from them during the pandemic, I have been getting direct emails about availability of covid vaccine.  Their link from the email is very easy to navigate.  So far they have not had a lot of availability, but that can change at any time.

DH and I have had success with the myturn website, but only for the pfizer.  Our family doctor is same as you, waiting for J&J.  Not sure why.  She has always given us our travel vaccinations.

• Thanks 1