Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

I believe that it can within reason, I would call P&O or your TA and ask because the whole FCC and transfer business is getting clouded. No point missing an opportunity because of the scuttlebutt on here.

Phil - scuttlebutt - great word !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tikka234 said:

I was hoping to change my Med  cruise 25th Sept 21 which was transferred from being cancelled last year to next year does this mean we can't now? I though any cruise we transferred could be transferred as many times as we wanted 

Think I also saw a paragraph about transferring all cruises in 2021 and 2022.... and also saw mentioned that you could transfer again and again.  Pop over and check it out... that's how I read it.

ll bookings still scheduled to depart in 2021 and 2022

Updated 10 February 2021

Transferring your booking

If your holiday is unaffected by our latest pause but you would like to reschedule, you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy up to the date the balance for your holiday is due. This means that if you have a Select Price or Early Saver booking you can:

• Transfer your booking to any P&O Cruises holiday currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).
  • Transfer your booking to a cruise of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).
  • Transfer your booking an unlimited number of times (and not just once).
  • Transfer your booking free of charge.

Should you wish to transfer your booking you should call our Customer Contact Centre or your travel agent if you booked with them.

This policy modifies the transfer policy in our Booking Conditions.  This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice.

Edited by Scriv

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Well if you scroll down, they have the last bit wrong!  First line says until 31 days before departure and then goes on to say that 90-57 days etc.

&O Cruises Select Price and Early Saver:

Period before departure within which written notice of cancellation is received by P&O Cruises Cancellation charges (percentage of price)
From the date of booking until 31 days before departure Deposit
90 to 57 days  50%
56 to 42 days  60%
41 to 16 days 75%
15 to 6 days 90%
Less than 6 days before departure or failure to embark. For fly-cruises, departure day is the date of the flight departure. 100%

Then there is another table specially for the cruises up to 15 August.....

P&O Cruises Select Price and Early Saver holidays due to sail on or before 15 August 2021:

If you're booked on a P&O Cruises holiday due to sail on or before 15 August 2021 that is unaffected by our latest pause and wish to cancel, P&O Cruises shall be entitled to levy a cancellation charge as a percentage of the price paid in accordance with the following scales. 

P&O Cruises Select Price and Early Saver:

Period before departure within which written notice of cancellation is received by P&O Cruises Cancellation charges (percentage of price)
From the date of booking until 31 days before departure Deposit 
30-16 days 75%
15-4 days 90%
Less than 4 days 100% (or 100% FCC if fail pre-screening or testing)

Saver:

From the date of booking until departure, including failure to embark. 100% (or 100% FCC if fail pre-screening or testing)
Edited by Scriv

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes I know, but for us the information is incorrect.  Typical of their IT Dept I'm afraid.

Oh I know... I am still having problems with their website using Firefox and to find this table, I had to google the 'Flexible Cancellation policy po.com to get to this chart. I have sent feedback and asked advice, but not heard back.

Edited by Scriv
  • Like 1

Thanks to those who provided the link to flexible cancellations.  Understand now and been looking into the other T&C's around the pandemic including FCC, which had not been relevant to us previously.  We  have a June cruise on Iona, which we have now decided will be cancelled, be it sooner or later.  Were thinking of getting a FCC to use on one of the cruises likely to be released in March, as our deposit is big due to a previous transfer, but decided it is likely just as well to get the refund and start afresh.

I also think the autumn is likely the earliest any cruises with a number of ports will take place, so the no independent trips ashore will likely be in place then and we are even wondering when those sort of restrictions will eventually go, as it does not seem impossible that it could stay a long time, especially in some countries who have stricter criteria now.

Sad times for us and also the cruise lines, as more may not survive in their current form.  I wonder how cruising will look in a couple of years, in comparison to how we knew it previously regards the ships which are still around, or not, and any criteria for the cruises.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

We have a cruise booked with P&O at the end of August which was booked in October 2019 and really not expecting it to go ahead just waiting for P&O to cancel so I can apply for cash refund of my deposit as definitely not interested in FCC.

Me too - for June.

32 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

One problem for us is if we want to transfer our deposit to a different cruise, we only paid £50 pp as we booked on board, so to transfer to a new cruise, we then need to pay a much higher deposit.  easier to lose the money methinks.

In your position, I'd probably do the same thing.

The remaining cruises that we have left were originally 'big' cruises. One was with Cunard where we had to pay a 15% deposit, and the other one was with P&O with a 5% deposit, but it was a 55 night cruise, so still a sizeable sum .  We've moved both cruises to 'smaller' cruises in 2022, and the money we've already paid was ample to cover the deposits.

In fact, Carnival have £2295 of my money in deposits, paid in 2019. That's a lot of money, but I can't do anything other than wait and see what happens

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tring said:

Sad times for us and also the cruise lines, as more may not survive in their current form.  I wonder how cruising will look in a couple of years, in comparison to how we knew it previously regards the ships which are still around, or not, and any criteria for the cruises.   

Yes, after a break in sailing of 11 months, and still many months to come, I think it's very clear now, that cruising won't just go back to what it was pre-pandemic.  I'm just glad that I had 18 good years of cruising, and my last pre -pandemic cruise on Azura in Sept 2019 was brilliant, so I went out on a high.  

I hope I will be able to go on a cruise ship again in the future, but it will be very dependent on what cruising has evolved into 

• Like 10

Someone on Facebook commented this morning that there are now revised T&Cs re cancellations by P&o which seem to indicate that the 125%FCC if P&o cancel is now gone with a max of 120% and that only being if p&o cancel within 14 days of the cruise, if they cancel within 90-43 days they will only pay 105%FCC.... I've read the T&Cs to try and understand but I'd welcome anyone else's interpretation.

I tried to screenshot the table from the website but to no avail.. sorry! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Canberra forever ! said:

Someone on Facebook commented this morning that there are now revised T&Cs re cancellations by P&o which seem to indicate that the 125%FCC if P&o cancel is now gone with a max of 120% and that only being if p&o cancel within 14 days of the cruise, if they cancel within 90-43 days they will only pay 105%FCC.... I've read the T&Cs to try and understand but I'd welcome anyone else's interpretation.

I tried to screenshot the table from the website but to no avail.. sorry! 

This is what it currently says, so not sure, facecloth is notorious for agitating the excreta.

All guests with a holiday cancelled due to our extended pause will automatically receive a 125% FCC. This can be used on any new booking made before 31 December 2021 for any holiday on sale during that period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

This is what it currently says, so not sure, facecloth is notorious for agitating the excreta.

All guests with a holiday cancelled due to our extended pause will automatically receive a 125% FCC. This can be used on any new booking made before 31 December 2021 for any holiday on sale during that period.

I saw that statement too which contradicts the table in the T&Cs?! 

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Yes, after a break in sailing of 11 months, and still many months to come, I think it's very clear now, that cruising won't just go back to what it was pre-pandemic.  I'm just glad that I had 18 good years of cruising, and my last pre -pandemic cruise on Azura in Sept 2019 was brilliant, so I went out on a high.  

I hope I will be able to go on a cruise ship again in the future, but it will be very dependent on what cruising has evolved into 

Totally agree. I did two full world cruises and two half world cruises between 2011 and 2014 and feel so blessed to have been able to do it then when the world was a very different place.

My last cruise on Aurora was in Dec 2919 to the Christmas markets. I never thought that would be my last for some considerable time. Hopefully one day tho......

• Like 2