2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Do you really think every business would be allowed to check state records? 

You are both missing the point.  Before you have an investigation, much less a trial, you need a SUSPICION that a crime has been committed.  What is going to give someone that suspicion?  That they came down with covid?  When we KNOW the vaccine doesn't keep everyone from getting the disease?  Please tell me what would trigger the investigation.

Maybe.  But it would be another unusual circumstance for that to happen. 

I don't think any business will be able to check state records unless you give permission. That could be part of the cruise contract. Or if you don't give permission you won't be able to board. 

I don't think most people are criminals or sociopaths. I think requiring vaccination will be sufficient. It is a sick person or a person without a concience that would fake being vacinated. The amount of people who would attempt such is small. 

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I had to give a digital signature when I got my appointment, but that was just the usual liability stuff.

Also no questions about insurance. 

OKAY.. So who paid for the vaccine...

14 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Do you really think every business would be allowed to check state records? 

You are both missing the point.  Before you have an investigation, much less a trial, you need a SUSPICION that a crime has been committed.  What is going to give someone that suspicion?  That they came down with covid?  When we KNOW the vaccine doesn't keep everyone from getting the disease?  Please tell me what would trigger the investigation.

Maybe.  But it would be another unusual circumstance for that to happen. 

You are all over the place.  I am only referring to the falsification of a covid vaccine card for a cruise ship.  I have no idea why you are tying businesses into this discussion.  If you want to fake a vaccine card to go on a cruise, then go ahead.  I really could care less quite frankly as I am vaccinated and have no health issues and enjoy a healthy fit lifestyle.  If it means that much to you to prove your point, then by all means go on a cruise with your fake card.  

2 hours ago, boscobeans said:

When you were getting your vaccination did they enter information concerning your insurance ?

Some of my neighbors are going to Canarsie HS to get the vaccine.I wish that would have been me for nostalgia sake.😀

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

You are all over the place.  I am only referring to the falsification of a covid vaccine card for a cruise ship.  I have no idea why you are tying businesses into this discussion.  If you want to fake a vaccine card to go on a cruise, then go ahead.  I really could care less quite frankly as I am vaccinated and have no health issues and enjoy a healthy fit lifestyle.  If it means that much to you to prove your point, then by all means go on a cruise with your fake card.  

Poster is referring to thread conversation that Business like Royal would not have access to State/County Health records to confirm if Vaccine card is Fake or not.

22 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

When we KNOW the vaccine doesn't keep everyone from getting the disease?  Please tell me what would trigger the investigation.

How about when the person is tested POSITIVE and asked about prior history??  The patient would LIE about getting a vaccination when that lie could or would have an effect on their illness or treatment and may cause their death???  WOW,, that would be the height of intelligence...

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Poster is referring to thread conversation that Business like Royal would not have access to State/County Health records to confirm if Vaccine card is Fake or not.

ok.  I must have missed that.  I may be opening up a can of worms but I would actually draw a titer on them to see if they were lying.  But of course that's me.  I know they can't.  Quick edit:  I would have the ship medical people draw a titer.  And this is why I could never own a cruise company.  

Edited by jean87510
3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Some of my neighbors are going to Canarsie HS to get the vaccine.I wish that would have been me for nostalgia sake.😀

Canarsie from 46---71 Best place on earth.

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Same as asking for medical records if you are applying for a life insurance policy.. JUST SIGN A RELEASE....

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

After seeing some of these replies, I have a pretty good idea of who possibly is an expert in smuggling booze on a ship.

And possibly make fake vaccination cards if actually needed. 

3 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Canarsie from 46---71 Best place on earth.

I grew up in Crown Heights and moved to Canarsie in 1967.I lived there till 2003 .I am reading a book now Canarsie:Brooklyn’s Last Village by Brian Merlis.

36 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

How about when the person is tested POSITIVE and asked about prior history??  The patient would LIE about getting a vaccination when that lie could or would have an effect on their illness or treatment and may cause their death???  WOW,, that would be the height of intelligence...

So IF they have a fake vaccination card, you think when questioned, they're going to say "nope, never had the vaccine"?  

OK.  Good luck with that.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Same as asking for medical records if you are applying for a life insurance policy.. JUST SIGN A RELEASE....

Sign Medical records release to Board a Cruise Ship? Not going happen. Besides as I stated above unknown who has these Shot records, is nothing in my Insurance or Primary Care except I told them I got it. Do have my Covid Shot Card, that I had fill out personal Info myself

Edited by ONECRUISER
3 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

And who exactly is going to figure out the card is forged?  Let's say, for the sake of argument...

A) Person A has a faked immunization card (which is not really hard to do).

B) Person A uses that fake card to:

• Go on a cruise
  • Attend a ballgame
  • Go to college

No one is even going to do more than take a quick look at the card.  But, let's say Person A comes down with Covid, or someone Person A was around comes down with Covid.

Do you REALLY think someone will think "hey, this card might be faked, let's start tracking down the information (that may or may not be available)!"  Or will they think "Person A fell in the 5% of people who the vaccine doesn't work for."?

Again, just because you get the vaccine does NOT mean you won't get Covid.  It reduces the possibility (but not to 0) and reduces severity.  Doesn't mean you can't get it and test positive. 

The Tiberius database tracks down to the zipcode where all the vaccines are.  It doesn't take much to look up the number on your card to see if 1) it is even a valid lot number and 2) Whether that vaccine was in the vicinity of where you live.  

And actually, data coming out of Israel is showing that the Pfizer vaccine is preventing disease.  So, as real time efficacy numbers are adjusted, it is going to be suspect if you come down with symptomatic disease after being vaccinated.

47 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

So IF they have a fake vaccination card, you think when questioned, they're going to say "nope, never had the vaccine"?  

OK.  Good luck with that.  

Since the FBI has already issued a special alert on fraudulent vaccination cards,  the better question is whether a passenger is likely to lie to an FBI agent--which would be a separate, independent felony.

https://www.ic3.gov/Media/Y2021/PSA210330

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I guess some states do roll up that data.

That should be of concern to anyone in those states.

Here is a list of states that have IIS (Immunization Information Systems) and how to access your vaccine records. Most states do track your vaccines.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html

The federal government will not mandate the use of vaccine passports for travelers or businesses post-pandemic, President Biden's chief medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, told the Politico Dispatch podcast Monday.

Looks like the vaccination issue can be put to bed. Good.

I bet the cruise lines are happy about this also.

3 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The federal government will not mandate the use of vaccine passports for travelers or businesses post-pandemic, President Biden's chief medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, told the Politico Dispatch podcast Monday.

The above statement, and cruise lines mandating vaccines, have nothing to do with one another. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

How is it put to bed? Just because, as of right now, there are no plans for a federal mandate, that doesn't mean that individual businesses like cruise lines can't make their own decisions. Much like masks. There is no federal mandate on masks, but individual states and down to individual businesses can decide for themselves whether masks will be required or not.

A bar in Denver (Bar Max) is one of the first businesses to require proof of vaccine.  

Edited by cured
1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Me. You. Anyone else that's paid American taxes.

Someone got paid for giving the injection. Their labor was not free. They have a job, they are not volunteers. There is also the cost of running the vaccination site. That person or their employer got reimbursed out of federal funds. To get reimbursed they send your name and info to the state which collects the payment from federal funding.

17 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Someone got paid for giving the injection. Their labor was not free. They have a job, they are not volunteers. There is also the cost of running the vaccination site. That person or their employer got reimbursed out of federal funds. To get reimbursed they send your name and info to the state which collects the payment from federal funding.

Medicare first quarter statements are coming out , it shows the amount for each vaccine etc.