How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?

LauraS

How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?  

2,416 members have voted

1. 1. How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?

• Within the first two months. Once I have the shots, I am ready to go
    • A few months – I’d take a different trip first
    • I would prefer to wait six months to a year
    • Other, explain below.....

2 hours ago, Stickboy3327 said:

No way in heck I am injecting myself with experimental research chemicals for something that has a 99+% survival rate.

If you are afraid of "chemicals" in vaccines let me introduce to the global experiment we are all apart of😜:

Microplastics are raining down from the sky

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2021 at 3:21 PM, LauraS said:

Option two for me, although I'd definitely like to cruise sooner rather than later.   We'll probably take a roadtrip up the east coast and visit some of the NE towns we missed last year on our Canada/NE cruise that was cancelled.

Then, it's the Baltics for us!

I believe it depends on one’s age and health.For me it will be when nobody is discussing the virus on CC .

4 hours ago, Stickboy3327 said:

No way in heck I am injecting myself with experimental research chemicals for something that has a 99+% survival rate.

I learned something a while back. A woman needed a lung transplant and they'd found a match. The donor was tested for COVID at some point so they proceeded. Turns out she did have it and it was transplanted. The woman receiving the transplant got it immediately and died. That really slapped me in the face.

1 hour ago, clo said:

I learned something a while back. A woman needed a lung transplant and they'd found a match. The donor was tested for COVID at some point so they proceeded. Turns out she did have it and it was transplanted. The woman receiving the transplant got it immediately and died. That really slapped me in the face.

sounds like a massive malpractice lawsuit waiting to happen

On 3/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Timing of the vaccination won't determine when we cruise.  What will be determinate is this: we will cruise again when there is no requirement to wear masks or social distance.  

That's our thinking as well.

To us, cruising fantasyland. Wearing masks, social distancing, etc. is the harsh reality of the steps we must continue to follow indefinitely.

If it takes another year to get back to "normal", that's fine with us. If it's five years, that's fine also.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser
  • Like 1

I opted for "Other, explain below....." only because I have a cruise booked in Feb. of 2022.  However, I fully intend on going to the Illinois State Fair this year if it's held (August).

Edited by K.T.B.

She Who Must Be Obeyed and I are both vaccinated.  While we have deposits on some cruises for 2022, we are hoping that cruise lines require proof of vaccinations for all crew and passengers.  Not that we are afraid of the virus, but the disruption on-board and for ports if an "outbreak" occurs.  A test before boarding only shows that you didn't have the virus when you were tested.

We don't need to spend our cruise dollars locked down in our cabin.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

That's our thinking as well.

To us, cruising fantasyland. Wearing masks, social distancing, etc. is the harsh reality of the steps we must continue to follow indefinitely.

If it takes another year to get back to "normal", that's fine with us. If it's five years, that's fine also.

Let me be clear.  We do not think waiting five years or one year to return to cruising without masks is 'fine'.  We think it's time to emphasize vaccines and de-emphasize masking.   We do not agree with those who say we can meet in small groups for the 4th of July if all have been vaccinated.  We do not believe we should rely upon government or the CDC to tell us what we can or cannot do.  It's time for the CDC to tell the cruise lines that if everyone is vaccinated on the ship, then none of the other rules apply.  It's time to return to normal.  Not in five years, not in one year, not in six months.  Now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We do not agree with those who say we can meet in small groups for the 4th of July if all have been vaccinated.  We do not believe we should rely upon government or the CDC to tell us what we can or cannot do.  It's time for the CDC to tell the cruise lines that if everyone is vaccinated on the ship, then none of the other rules apply. 

I am confused by your comment that you don't agree with small groups of maskless vaccinated people meeting but do believe that if everyone is vaccinated on a ship then masks aren't needed.  Aren't they one in the same?  If not, what are you differentiating?  Thanks.

No cruises for us until the mask mandate is dropped.  We will not spend thousands of dollars to sit around in a mask. Nor will we be on a cruise where any other anti-social behavior is mandated.  

• Like 1

I want to cruise now, but after a year of isolation and social distancing and wearing masks, when I really think about getting on a cruise with people from all over the world and bunching together as we tend to do for boarding, muster drills, dining, shore excursions, etc., I'm not so sure. Not only do I need to be vaccinated but I want everyone else on the ship to be vaccinated as well. And I want to be reasonably sure there are no reported widely spreading variants that could cause reinfection. If the ships sail at less than full capacity with strict Covid safety measures, I'm more likely to go than if it's anything goes with a full passenger load and crew, no social distancing, and no masks. But I don't think the CDC is likely to allow the latter to happen for cruises from U.S. ports for quite some time (certainly not in 2021).

Edited by MarkWiltonM
clarity
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Let me be clear.  We do not think waiting five years or one year to return to cruising without masks is 'fine'.  We think it's time to emphasize vaccines and de-emphasize masking.   We do not agree with those who say we can meet in small groups for the 4th of July if all have been vaccinated.  We do not believe we should rely upon government or the CDC to tell us what we can or cannot do.  It's time for the CDC to tell the cruise lines that if everyone is vaccinated on the ship, then none of the other rules apply.  It's time to return to normal.  Not in five years, not in one year, not in six months.  Now.

Well said.

6 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Let me be clear. I agreed with your statement "we will cruise again when there is no requirement to wear masks or social distance". 

I didn't state that you would be "fine". 

• Thanks 1

Many will not be cruising for quite a while . Either we won't cruise until vaccinations are mandatory or we won't cruise if they are made mandatory . We won't cruise unless ALL Possible safety measures are taken or we won't cruise because THIS IS NOT CRUISING . We won't cruise because they have jerked up the prices or we won't cruise because we no longer trust the cruise lines . 

Anyone left ? 😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

But this is what YOU think and believe and has little or nothing to do with facts. Right? Just what you want.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clo said:

But that's probably a lay person saying what they think/feel/believe. I want data and I want the CDC, WHO etc to provide that.

You’re certainly free to get your information from wherever you like and act accordingly.  

36 minutes ago, wingit said:

You’re certainly free to get your information from wherever you like and act accordingly.  

Oh, I'm talking "information" but that poster was talking think/feel/believe. Usually not close to the same.

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Please we are in a pandemic ...the facts are over 500,000 of your fellow American are dead and are still Dying at the rate of 1200 a day... and 9% of your population has contracted Covid-19..... I think that sums it up...

I'm not following what your comment is supposed to sum up.  The thread is about how soon you might want to cruise after having the vaccine.  Are you responding to something else?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

I'm not following what your comment is supposed to sum up.  The thread is about how soon you might want to cruise after having the vaccine.  Are you responding to something else?   

Are you responding to something else?    Yes..  sorry i was commenting on the general tangent of information... where is it..... and the question on personal opition.

My personal thought on the question is Within 2-4 months. Once I have the shots, I am ready to go...  Don

On 3/11/2021 at 12:17 PM, cjmx said:

can i have a cruise without kids under 16 that haven't been vacinnated???

Of course.  Certain cruise lines such as Viking accept only adult guests.  No need to worry as long as the cruise liner requires Cov-19 vaccination to board.

Perhaps the worry is more focused on fellow passengers from countries with “questionable” vaccines and exposure to residents of visiting countries that are not at an advanced stage of getting its people vaccinated.