UK staycation cruise details launched

Adam Coulter

1 hour ago, joeecco said:

Yes the Express is reporting Britannia having 3 and 4 night sailings with 1 6 night sailing from June and Iona from August 7 with 7 night sailings.

only vaccinated guests still with social distancing and masks.

3 night Britannia sailing from 449pp. 

Interesting if it all becomes true.

Vaccinated guests? Does that means 2 doses? What about children I wonder? And will the crew be fully vaccinate by then? It will all come out soon I suppose!

2 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Vaccinated guests? Does that means 2 doses? What about children I wonder? And will the crew be fully vaccinate by then? It will all come out soon I suppose!

Personally I think it would be wrong to say children are allowed but adults who haven’t been offered a jab aren’t. 

so I would hope there is a line than says if you haven’t been offered a jab, you can be tested more like a PCR test 72 hours before. 

Edited by joeecco
  • Like 1

Just now, joeecco said:

Personally I think it would be wrong to say children are allowed but adults who haven’t been offered a jab aren’t. 

Yes, lots of unanswered  questions! What about new mothers who can’t have the jab for a while. Etc etc 

• Like 1

I still have access to the Express page. 

The boarding process for Iona, with vaccine checks, CV19 testing plus checking of insurance documents could be a lengthy process! 

"Iona offers seven-night itineraries running from August 7, 2021, to September 18, 2021. Prices start from £449 per person for a three-night break on Britannia.

Iona’s seven-night maiden voyage starts from £1,199 per person.

However, Britons will only be allowed to board if they can provide evidence they have received both doses of their coronavirus vaccination.

Travel insurance will also be mandatory for all guests."

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I still have access to the Express page. 

The boarding process for Iona, with vaccine checks, CV19 testing plus checking of insurance documents could be a lengthy process! 

"Iona offers seven-night itineraries running from August 7, 2021, to September 18, 2021. Prices start from £449 per person for a three-night break on Britannia.

Iona’s seven-night maiden voyage starts from £1,199 per person.

However, Britons will only be allowed to board if they can provide evidence they have received both doses of their coronavirus vaccination.

Travel insurance will also be mandatory for all guests."

Blimey, not exactly a bargain is it?? 

The last short cruise that we did was Nov 2019 on Aurora, which is usually much more expensive than Britannia. It was a very enjoyable Western Europe cruise and we enjoyed all the ports. We paid £177 pppn for a balcony cabin plus free parking and we didn’t even book at launch (like we usually do), so it had probably been cheaper than that. I appreciate that it was an autumn cruise but, by luck, we had glorious sunshine (you could easily get worse weather in the summer). I would have expected that cruise to have been around £150 pppn had it been a balcony cabin on Britannia. However, that would be with port calls, not a cruise to nowhere. So, if P&O are going to be charging normal cruise prices for a cruise to nowhere, with on board restrictions, then they will certainly attract those who want to get back on a cruise ship at any cost but not a lot more, I shouldn’t think. 

To be fair, we’ve been looking at the cost of staycations, and some of the prices for Airbnb and holiday lets are insane. Demand is well going to outstrip supply, so I can understand p and o trying to chance it to make back some lost revenue. 

1 hour ago, joeecco said:

Why would I waste my time making things up? 😂

Express have now removed the article as I was about to link to it, so that tells

me the P&O announcement is imminent but Express released it slightly too early. 

Basic PR mistake. 

Or the Express were as usual just making up stories. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Or the Express were as usual just making up stories. 

Very specific to be ‘made up’ - there’s bound to be at least some truth in there. 

My company rebranded completely last year but the press release that had a specific time to be release publicly was in fact printed by the Blackpool gazette ahead of time so the ‘reveal’ was ruined. Funny story to see unfold but not for the PR team! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Just heard from my TA.  30 days balances up to and including 4th October.  So no reduction yet for our cruise on the 14th.

It's getting closer though, our cruise is 9th October. It makes it so much easier to make decisions when the balance date is 30 days. It also makes me feel as though the cruise could possibly be cancelled too.😒

Avril

31 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's getting closer though, our cruise is 9th October. It makes it so much easier to make decisions when the balance date is 30 days. It also makes me feel as though the cruise could possibly be cancelled too.😒

Avril

Yes agree Avril.  30 days for the balance would make a tremendous difference to us.  But anything could change by June.July.

Just had an email from Fred.  Our July cruise is cancelled (as expected) and short cruises put on for July and August from Liverpool, Rosyth and Dover.  Starting from Liverpool early July, Rosyth late July and Dover mid August. First few are scenic cruising only, followed by the sort of short Itineraries he often does to scenic locations with a few ports. Lots of scenic cruising mentioned, with Balmoral doing a 5 night scenic fjords cruise from Rosyth.  I have not seen any mention of the COVID procedures anywhere for Fred, so not sure if they have been published, but would presume it will be as we would expect.

No prices on them as yet, but says ring for details - they go on sale tomorrow.

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/welcomeback?dm_i=8ID,7A7UP,16P00A,TJAYM,1

Edited by tring
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, tring said:

Just had an email from Fred.  Our July cruise is cancelled (as expected) and short cruises put in for July and August from Liverpool, Rosyth and Dover.  Start from Liverpool early July, Rosyth late July and Dover mid August. First few are scenic cruising only then the sort of short Itineraries he often does to scenic locations with a few ports. Lots of scenic cruising mentioned, with Balmoral doing a 5 night scenic fjords cruise from Rosyth.  I have also not seen any mention of the COVID procedures anywhere for Fred, so may still have not been published, but would presume it will be as we would expect.

No prices on them as yet, but says ring for details - they go on sale tomorrow.

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/welcomeback?dm_i=8ID,7A7UP,16P00A,TJAYM,1

Thank you.May be interested in 5 nights from Liverpool visiting Belfast and Falmouth.It will depend on the price and being able to persuade hubby!

3 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Thank you.May be interested in 5 nights from Liverpool visiting Belfast and Falmouth.It will depend on the price and being able to persuade hubby!

I am sure they will not be cheap, but the scenic cruising ones are something Fred does a lot of, so should work well.

53 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Nope, it racist, xenophobic & filled with hate. 

All that, along with the Mail, but let’s not forget the completely fabricated ‘news’ and ‘weather forecasts’.

Is that an arctic blast, bringing days of subzero temperatures, termites and man-eating locusts I see before me?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1