Celebrity is starting in June from St. Maartens

EllieinNJ

As much as I wanted my first cruise post Covid to be with NCL, as of now I will have to jump ship and go with Celebrity or Royal. 

I’m really hoping NCL has been working behind the scenes and will surprise us with something soon. 

RCCL and Celebrity have announced limited cruising resuming June 5th, but ALL passengers and crew must be vaccinated and show a negative test within (I think it is ) 72 hours prior to embarkation. 

I’m pretty sure NCL and the other major lines will follow, if they don’t sit back and wait to see how it goes. 

Edited by Guindalf

I am curious to see what pricing is like for these sailings. I bet they charge $5000 per person for a balcony. I think the pent up demand is there and with so few ships sailing, the pricing will be outrageous. But I still might consider it....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am curious to see what pricing is like for these sailings. I bet they charge $5000 per person for a balcony. I think the pent up demand is there and with so few ships sailing, the pricing will be outrageous. But I still might consider it....

Not so sure about that. The recently released Crystal Serenity Bahamas cruises are only $5500 for two and that includes a butler and lots of exotic ports.

34 minutes ago, goldmom said:

I believe it was listed as being around $2000 per person for a veranda and that included airfare.  Not that unreasonable.  I'm guessing if they get a lot of bookings the prices will rise.

Yes that is correct for Celebrity. 
Crystal starts at 1999pp for a window room. 2249pp for a balcony. 

Interestingly, when Celebrity and Crystal first announced the new sailings they included the pricing details. I haven’t been able to find anything for Royal. 

I initially booked with Crystal yesterday but with the info released today from the other two, their ports and ships are more enticing to me than what Crystal is offering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guindalf said:

RCCL and Celebrity have announced limited cruising resuming June 5th, but ALL passengers and crew must be vaccinated and show a negative test within (I think it is ) 72 hours prior to embarkation. 

I’m pretty sure NCL and the other major lines will follow, if they don’t sit back and wait to see how it goes. 

The email Royal sent said passengers 18 and older must be vaccinated but those under 18 must have a negative covid test. 

Very interested to see how the Millennium sailings go.

We sailed that ship in the fall of 2019, and it had just been renovated. In addition to many of the public spaces, they gutted each stateroom down to the studs and basically rebuilt them fully from the floorboards up. It was somewhat astounding, and like sailing on an almost new ship in many ways. 

We were on Adventure in fall of 2018, after a mode moderate refurb. Soft goods had been updated, but nothing like the Millennium. Still great for people watching if you get a promenade view cabin.

4 hours ago, cksv said:

Not so sure about that. The recently released Crystal Serenity Bahamas cruises are only $5500 for two and that includes a butler and lots of exotic ports.

lots of exotic ports? Nassau and Bimini?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RD64 said:

lots of exotic ports? Nassau and Bimini?

No - not the embarkation ports, but Harbour Island, Great Exuma, San Salvador Island, Long Island are all exotic to me as the mainstream cruise lines never stop at those smaller islands. I strongly considered booking just for that reason alone, but I don't think I'd dig the Crystal vibe.

Edited by cksv
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Seany527 said:

How long has this been posted on NCLs website? Are they doing something similar or is it just wishful thinking on my part. 

The "break free" form has been up there for months, along with a "break free" YouTube video of NCL b-roll. It's their standard enrollment to get on their mailing list.

19 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I agree.  Prices aren't going to be cheap...at least not for a while....certainly, not this year....on any cruise line that sets sail in 2021.

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I agree.  Prices aren't going to be cheap...at least not for a while....certainly, not this year....on any cruise line that sets sail in 2021.

Celebrity already announced that the balcony on this cruise is 1999 pp.  That includes air to and from, free drinks, free wifi, and room gratuities.  I think that is a pretty good price considering all that is included.  Go look to fly to St. Maarten, for me its about 500 pp round trip.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Celebrity already announced that the balcony on this cruise is 1999 pp.  That includes air to and from, free drinks, free wifi, and room gratuities.  I think that is a pretty good price considering all that is included.  Go look to fly to St. Maarten, for me its about 500 pp round trip.

Is that per person?

I guess it’s a matter of perspective.  For around $1K more, I can sail in a  Haven spa suite on one of NCL’s newer ships, including all drinks, specialty dining, internet credit, concierge, butler, etc.  But, it will be late this year to get that price.  And, that’s with NCL sticking to their “higher” prices I’ve recently seen.

$4K for a balcony room doesn’t seem like a “deal” to me.  It seems high!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Is that per person?

I guess it’s a matter of perspective.  For around $1K more, I can sail in a  Haven spa suite on one of NCL’s newer ships, including all drinks, specialty dining, internet credit, concierge, butler, etc.  But, it will be late this year to get that price.  And, that’s with NCL sticking to their “higher” prices I’ve recently seen.

$4K for a balcony room doesn’t seem like a “deal” to me.  It seems high!

It's a deal because it includes 500 per person air fair, plus about 100 per person gratuities.  Take those out and the cruise is 1200 dollars cheaper.  So at 2800 for 2 people in a balcony, it lines up pretty much with a mini/club-suite in the newer NCL ships.  And you can sail in 2 months, unlike NCL.  I am just saying you are going to pay a premium for sailing in June.

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

It's a deal because it includes 500 per person air fair, plus about 100 per person gratuities.  Take those out and the cruise is 1200 dollars cheaper.  So at 2800 for 2 people in a balcony, it lines up pretty much with a mini/club-suite in the newer NCL ships.  And you can sail in 2 months, unlike NCL.  I am just saying you are going to pay a premium for sailing in June.

That’s more palatable.  

But, if you don’t need airfare (unfortunately, I do), it’s not such a deal.

Still, will be interesting for prices.

I’m looking at NCL in December 2021 right now in a Haven cabin on the Bliss.  With the discount for my cancelled cruises, tips, fees, drinks included, specialty dining included, some internet credit, I’m just under $5K for two, all in.  That’s on one of their newest ships in one of their best cabins.

It’s not the $4,200 rate I’ve been able to get for a Having cabin in the past.  But, it’s still not bad.

I have tons of frequent flyer miles, so airfare isn’t an issue,  But, for those who have to pay for airfare, that would be another expense.

44 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That’s more palatable.  

But, if you don’t need airfare (unfortunately, I do), it’s not such a deal.

Still, will be interesting for prices.

I’m looking at NCL in December 2021 right now in a Haven cabin on the Bliss.  With the discount for my cancelled cruises, tips, fees, drinks included, specialty dining included, some internet credit, I’m just under $5K for two, all in.  That’s on one of their newest ships in one of their best cabins.

It’s not the $4,200 rate I’ve been able to get for a Having cabin in the past.  But, it’s still not bad.

I have tons of frequent flyer miles, so airfare isn’t an issue,  But, for those who have to pay for airfare, that would be another expense.

That is a good deal, but I think it depends on what you can find.  I just checked a 5 day on the Escape for 2 in December in the Haven, and it was $5000 all in (for the cheapest haven room on deck 16 no spa).  I ended up settling for a club-suite with extra large balcony on deck 8 for 3000 instead.  I will give it a go in bidding if they let us.  Both of these prices include the 2nd person flies for free perk.

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 1