Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

If they did a Bahamas to Azores run I would. Maybe have one start on Sunday at one end and the other on a Wednesday on a second ship. Then I can have a few days to enjoy before deciding to fly home, continue to other Europe destinations or sail back to where I started.  I enjoy being in the middle of the ocean as well as the ship and its offerings.

30 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

Did you know that you can rent one-way jetskis and ride from Ft Lauderdale or Miami to Nassau? It's about a 2 hour trip.

Wouldn't need to fly.

To Nassau?  I know Freeport or Bimini but to Nassau?  That’s a 186 mile run from Miami. The Gulf Stream is not a great place to break down with the North current. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

I am so excited.  I will be on-line at midnight the morning of the 24th to get something booked.  Would love to do a b2b if not too expensive.  Have some FCC's $'s to use and have already looked at prices of hotels the night before and taxi fares from the airport. I AM GOING CRUISING!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No. Everyone has to get the magic vax but still have to masks up, social distance, and get Covid tests. 🤔Sounds like a fun cruise! Hope people realize cruising is going to be so different. Imagine wearing a mask at the pool. Pretty sure no dancing either. Lol Wonder if you have to wear a mask at the beach too. 🤦‍♀️  They are going to be extremely strict especially being the first cruise. Probably no sail away party. Can't get too close to anyone. It is all just so sad especially if you loved cruising.

Edited by RCLcruiser2012
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A decision an masks has not been finalized. 

This is incorrect. Masks will be required in all public spaces including the pool deck unless actively eating or drinking.

It is important that only accurate information be shared.

2 hours ago, Nado44 said:

Did you know that you can rent one-way jetskis and ride from Ft Lauderdale or Miami to Nassau? It's about a 2 hour trip.

Wouldn't need to fly.

That sounds like kind of a scary thing to do. :classic_rolleyes: And what would you do about your luggage? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, mringenoldus said:

This is incorrect. Masks will be required in all public spaces including the pool deck unless actively eating or drinking.

It is important that only accurate information be shared.

Please provide a link to that information.

I have not seen anything yet posted only that more health and safety protocols will be released later for Royal and on the Celebrity webinar today they stated they are still determining what would be required with respect to masks and social distancing. 

Here is a link to the FAQ’s specifically for the new sailings on Adventure.  Note that under the onboard experience there is no mention of masks. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/AD_FAQs.pdf

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Please provide a link to that information.

I have not seen anything yet posted only that more health and safety protocols will be released later for Royal and on the Celebrity webinar today they stated they are still determining what would be required with respect to masks and social distancing. 

Here is a link to the FAQ’s specifically for the new sailings on Adventure.  Note that under the onboard experience there is no mention of masks. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/AD_FAQs.pdf

From Royal Caribbean website - RCCL and NCL Healthy Sailing Panel

It is important that those who are not fully informed regarding this or other issues refrain from spreading inaccurate information or speculation.

Q

Will I have to wear a face mask on my cruise, and if so, exactly when, where and why? What counts as a face mask? 

A

All guests and crew will be required to wear a mask onboard. Specifically, guests should wear face masks in nearly all public settings regardless of physical distancing measures but will not be required to wear face masks in their own stateroom. There are exceptions, however, such as dining venues, where guests can eat and drink without face masks while seated, provided physical distancing is observed. Also, guests should not wear masks while engaged in activities that may cause the mask to become wet, like when swimming in our pools, or when participating in strenuous activities, such as jogging, running, or fitness classes at the Vitality Spa and Fitness Center. Note that neck gaiters, open chin bandanas and scarves, and face masks with valves do not meet health authority guidelines and will not be permitted.

12 minutes ago, mringenoldus said:

From Royal Caribbean website - RCCL and NCL Healthy Sailing Panel

It is important that those who are not fully informed regarding this or other issues refrain from spreading inaccurate information or speculation.

Q

Will I have to wear a face mask on my cruise, and if so, exactly when, where and why? What counts as a face mask? 

A

All guests and crew will be required to wear a mask onboard. Specifically, guests should wear face masks in nearly all public settings regardless of physical distancing measures but will not be required to wear face masks in their own stateroom. There are exceptions, however, such as dining venues, where guests can eat and drink without face masks while seated, provided physical distancing is observed. Also, guests should not wear masks while engaged in activities that may cause the mask to become wet, like when swimming in our pools, or when participating in strenuous activities, such as jogging, running, or fitness classes at the Vitality Spa and Fitness Center. Note that neck gaiters, open chin bandanas and scarves, and face masks with valves do not meet health authority guidelines and will not be permitted.

That was published prior to cruises with vaccines starting.  

Both Roysl and Celebrity are now determining which of the recommendations will now apply and to what extent given the new sailing requirements specifically for the Adventure sailings. 

unfortunately you are falling victim to your own statement about spreading false information by quoting things from Royals website that are old and have not been updated.

As I mentioned my information came from a webinar for TA’s today. Updated information will be released prior to cruises going on sale next week. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, soremekun said:

Absolutely not.  I already don't like flying.  I'm not that much of a cruise addict to fly to the Bahamas to jump on a cruise.  Add to that the cruise pricing currently is higher than what I'm used to.

Aren't there ferries to the Bahamas anymore ?

1 hour ago, thrifty99 said:

No, unless they had some great cruise and air deal. Airfare is over $900 round trip for 2 from Nashville so that adds too much to the cruise cost. 

Also, Nassau screwes you Royally(No pun intened) on Taxes and fees on your  hotel room....I looked at the Courtyard by Marriot at a room rate of $169.00 USD....It's $100.00 plus in Tax and fees....So then you pay $269.00.....🤬

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Discussed in another thread, the ferries go to Freeport and not Nassau. 

If this idea of homeporting in Nassau becomes a thing...you will be amazed how quickly shuttles from Florida to Nassau also becomes a thing. 

• Like 3