Return to normalcy?

With RC starting up sailings again this summer and requiring vaccines for 18+ . Does this mean masks and social distancing are out the window? My main concern for going on one of the first sailings was the absolute misery that would come from wearing a mask on the pool deck. Fingers crossed this is the case.

12 minutes ago, BenCroski said:

With RC starting up sailings again this summer and requiring vaccines for 18+ . Does this mean masks and social distancing are out the window? My main concern for going on one of the first sailings was the absolute misery that would come from wearing a mask on the pool deck. Fingers crossed this is the case.

Nothing announced yet.  Celebrity is supposed to announce their protocols this week and I would think Royal's will be the same

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BenCroski said:

I don't understand why so many people are against masks. For the time being we need to live with them to protect us and others and they might even be part of our lives in the future in one way or another. This doesn't stop us from having a enjoyable cruise vacation for instance.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Celebrity is supposed to announce their protocols this week and I would think Royal's will be the same

Considering that Royal and Celeb are part of the same grouping it would be unlikely they would adopt different policies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

This doesn't stop us from having a enjoyable cruise vacation for instance

Maybe because It sounds like being in jail being told what to do all the time. Maybe because it will cause too much bother. I can see people being killed over it especially with drink involved. They have been on land. An imagine Americans who think the are better than us Europeans telling us what to do.

Edited by ace2542

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I don't understand why so many people are against masks. For the time being we need to live with them to protect us and others and they might even be part of our lives in the future in one way or another. This doesn't stop us from having a enjoyable cruise vacation for instance.

I'm not against masks as it stands now.  I would think that if passengers and crew are all vaccinated, they should not be required.  Even the CDC says that vaccinated people can gather without masks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Considering that Royal and Celeb are part of the same grouping it would be unlikely they would adopt different policies.

That is an intelligent statement, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was different. 

14 minutes ago, Wordell1 said:

I'm not against masks as it stands now.  I would think that if passengers and crew are all vaccinated, they should not be required.  Even the CDC says that vaccinated people can gather without masks.

Damn your logic - you must be from Texas.../S 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

THEY ARE UNCOMFORTABLE  and if not N95 or KN95 rated, of little or no worth.

Simply not true...

Fact: Cloth face masks are effective. They create a barrier between your mouth and nose and those around you. This makes it more difficult for the droplets that spread coronavirus through coughs, sneezes and talking to reach other people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, yogimax said:

Simply not true...

Fact: Cloth face masks are effective. They create a barrier between your mouth and nose and those around you. This makes it more difficult for the droplets that spread coronavirus through coughs, sneezes and talking to reach other people.

If they were so effective, why aren't all the non-mask wearers dead by now?

Masks are not worn correctly by many. They don't fit correctly, people digit with them, they take them off to speak, they don't clean them.....thus rendering them completely useless.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/29/these-12-graphs-show-mask-mandates-do-nothing-to-stop-covid/

Edited by CaroleSS
  • Like 9

18 hours ago, BenCroski said:

With decent spacing around the outdoor pools masks likely need not be required for those using deck chairs.

--------------------

It is very sad to see this thread dip into the exhausted topic of mask wearing. Minds are not going to be changed at this point, regardless of how many facts, studies, and expert opinions are posted.

• Like 6

I find the mask uncomfortable and hard to breathe in really warm weather. We have stopped going to Disney because the family just got tired of wearing them all day. I have yet to find one I would want to wear while relaxing. If masks are still required when I cruise, then I would probably spend much more time on my balcony. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wordell1 said:

In small groups.  They say to avoid medium to large groups unless wearing a mask.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

If they were so effective, why aren't all the non-mask wearers dead by now?

Masks are not worn correctly by many. They don't fit correctly, people digit with them, they take them off to speak, they don't clean them.....thus rendering them completely useless.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/29/these-12-graphs-show-mask-mandates-do-nothing-to-stop-covid/

Exactly, I don't wear one anywhere except if I need to be seated at a restaurant and a airplane.  Otherwise, have never worn one at work or shopping.  They don't work, it's all been forced upon us for no reason.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

Exactly, I don't wear one anywhere except if I need to be seated at a restaurant and a airplane.  Otherwise, have never worn one at work or shopping.  They don't work, it's all been forced upon us for no reason.  

I suppose it was all a conspiracy created by the mask manufacturers... sigh!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, pcur said:

In small groups.  They say to avoid medium to large groups unless wearing a mask.

So enforce social distancing and only require masks when it can't reasonably be maintained.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BenCroski said:

Hopefully soon everything is out the window and we can get back on the ocean!  Such a tease sitting down in Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Beach Club looking at the ships coming and going last week 😞 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Hopefully soon everything is out the window and we can get back on the ocean!  Such a tease sitting down in Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Beach Club looking at the ships coming and going last week 😞 

I hear Michigan is having a huge spike. Isn’t Michigan in a partial lock down?  Florida has been open and handled Speed Weeks, Bikeweek, and ongoing Spring Break. I do see Miami with issues with Spring Breakers. Miami is unlike most other areas in Florida. 

Here is Michigan current restrictions. 
https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-100467_100913---,00.html

M8

IMG_3093.thumb.jpeg.4318e43e2896870a21faaf1089fce5cb.jpegIMG_3093.thumb.jpeg.4318e43e2896870a21faaf1089fce5cb.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I hear Michigan is having a huge spike. Isn’t Michigan in a partial lock down?  Florida has been open and handled Speed Weeks, Bikeweek, and ongoing Spring Break. I do see Miami with issues with Spring Breakers. Miami is unlike most other areas in Florida. 

Here is Michigan current restrictions. 
https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-100467_100913---,00.html

M8

It does look like it is going up - she is going to make everyone stay in their bunkers.  I blame our president, Texas, Florida, wearing masks that don't work, kids in school, people not washing hands, people picking their nose, going to the grocery store, sitting on the front porch,  watching Fox news, walking down the sidewalk, dogs giving it to one another and to their owners,  breathing air,  waking up in the morning and being alive, what else should I blame the uptick on, not wearing 5 cloth masks, filling car with gas,  etc. 🤣🤣

STAY AT HOME and DO NOT BREATHE AIR or THERE will be a superspreader! 

FoLlOw ThE ScIeNcE

Edited by TheMastodon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

IMG_3093.thumb.jpeg.4318e43e2896870a21faaf1089fce5cb.jpegIMG_3093.thumb.jpeg.4318e43e2896870a21faaf1089fce5cb.jpeg

It does look like it is going up - she is going to make everyone stay in their bunkers.  I blame our president, Texas, Florida, wearing masks that don't work, kids in school, people not washing hands, people picking their nose, going to the grocery store, sitting on the front porch,  watching Fox news, walking down the sidewalk, dogs giving it to one another and to their owners,  breathing air,  waking up in the morning and being alive, what else should I blame the uptick on, not wearing 5 cloth masks, filling car with gas,  etc. 🤣🤣

STAY AT HOME and DO NOT BREATHE AIR or THERE will be a superspreader! 

FoLlOw ThE ScIeNcE

I don't suppose you think some of the blame rests with the anti mask, anti lockdown prosthelytizers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

I don't suppose you think some of the blame rests with the anti mask, anti lockdown prosthelytizers?

I just don't see that population of folks being large enough to make a negative impact.  Most of us are reasonable people who follow regulations/directives with Covid... Just think about your life - how many people do you know who are anti-mask?  I hang/do business with a lot of different folks and everyone I know wears masks and follows guidance.  Yes, I question some of this stuff because I don't believe it really makes a difference but I still mask up and do my part.  

Again, the media blows up the anti-mask, anti-science, covid denier crowds but I just don't think overall there are that many of those people amongst us.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, broberts said:

Just use Florida as an example. Been unlocked since Summer 2020. Almost a year. Florida is an example of what works. No mask mandate by State. No penalty or fine for not wearing one. Restaurants and Bars open.  ICU bed availability is normal for this time of year (snowbirds). 

M8

• Like 2