Arvia itineraries

P&O SUE

20 minutes ago, reef112 said:

I wonder if the maiden voyage would be from Southampton? 

I am sure the maiden voyage will be from Southampton.The email states cruises from 7 to 22 days and usually Britannia has a 20 or 22 night cruise sailing out to Barbados at the beginning of the season and then translantic on her return.I would love to sail to the Caribbean on her but don't fancy the flight back!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I am sure the maiden voyage will be from Southampton.The email states cruises from 7 to 22 days and usually Britannia has a 20 or 22 night cruise sailing out to Barbados at the beginning of the season and then translantic on her return.I would love to sail to the Caribbean on her but don't fancy the flight back!!

That’s my problem don’t fly! Can’t afford or can enough time off to do a return trip by sea! 
Ah well might get on Iona one day!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So just Britannia and Arriva in the Caribbean? Can't see P&O basing three ships there in the winter. 

I'm ok,I've got my bus pass for Arriva.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Any indication when itineraries will be published and how long after publication of itineraries would you expect them to go on sale?  We have not got this email, but DH normally gets most of them.

Also does anyone know when she is due to be launched?  Wondering if she will be doing the whole winter season or opt in part way through.

1 minute ago, tring said:

Any indication when itineraries will be published and how long after publication of itineraries would you expect them to go on sale?  We have not got this email, but DH normally gets most of them.

Also does anyone know when she is due to be launched?  Wondering if she will be doing the whole winter season or opt in part way through.

I think her maiden voyage is in December 2022.The email mentions a new port of call in the Dominican Republic which is interesting but not sure when her cruises will go on sale

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sweep2907 said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24637-p-o-s-arvia-to-offer-caribbean-maiden-season.html

This infers option to do TA either direction. Nice to see new P&O destination too. Confusing as says December 2022 and in article mentions Jan and Feb 2023.

I seem to remember Molecrochip suggesting her maiden cruise would be just before Christmas so if that was a 22 night cruise it would mean that the cruises starting from Barbados probably would start in January?

39 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

That’s my problem don’t fly! Can’t afford or can enough time off to do a return trip by sea! 
Ah well might get on Iona one day!

I really don't like flying though since hubby retired a few years ago we have done 2 of the Caribbean translantics, flying out and sailing back.We are considering doing the 35 night trip on Ventura in Jan or Feb 2022 but not sure what covid situation will be like then so will book much nearer the time if we decide to go

• Like 1

We have done a month on Oceans in the Caribbean and enjoyed time just walking off the ship in many of the ports, but that could be ten years ago now.  With so many more and much bigger ships sailing there, can I ask if it is necessary to travel much further from each port to get away from crowds of cruise passengers?  I suspect any public transport, which we had used then could be more difficult to use now as well.

22 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I really don't like flying though since hubby retired a few years ago we have done 2 of the Caribbean translantics, flying out and sailing back.We are considering doing the 35 night trip on Ventura in Jan or Feb 2022 but not sure what covid situation will be like then so will book much nearer the time if we decide to go

We are on the Jan one, someone on the facecloth event for the cruise said it was booked up to the current capacity, so hopefully things will pick up and they will release more cabins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tring said:

We have done a month on Oceans in the Caribbean and enjoyed time just walking off the ship in many of the ports, but that could be ten years ago now.  With so many more and much bigger ships sailing there, can I ask if it is necessary to travel much further from each port to get away from crowds of cruise passengers?  I suspect any public transport, which we had used then could be more difficult to use now as well.

We have been on Azura, Ventura and Britannia in the Caribbean and haven't had any issues, we do very few tours as we have been so often, maybe a boat trip or private taxi if we fancy a change. We usually make a call on the day. I think it is only a problem when more than 4 big ships dock on the same day in the same port.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have been on Azura, Ventura and Britannia in the Caribbean and haven't had any issues, we do very few tours as we have been so often, maybe a boat trip or private taxi if we fancy a change. We usually make a call on the day. I think it is only a problem when more than 4 big ships dock on the same day in the same port.

Thanks for the reply.   Mmmm.......  more than 4 big ship's on the same day - does that happen often?

TBH we have generally done smaller ships and some very unusual itineraries, when any other cruise ship of any size being around was very unusual.   Realistically though, we are not so sure that sort of travel will be easy to do in the next couple of years and, as we are now 71, those sort of holidays and our free spirit attitude when we have just gone off on our own in less developed countries may be limited in the future.  Hence may just go for a P&O Caribbean if only as an extra, as they do work out very well priced considering  flights are needed.  A balcony is something that has not bothered us in the past, but would be essential on a bigger ship IMO and ships are becoming bigger with all cruise lines to some extent.  We would love to do an around South America cruise and would have probably booked that by now if not for COVID, but perhaps we could do that as well or just need to accept the world as it is now.

4 minutes ago, tring said:

Thanks for the reply.   Mmmm.......  more than 4 big ship's on the same day - does that happen often?

TBH we have generally done smaller ships and some very unusual itineraries, when any other cruise ship of any size being around was very unusual.   Realistically though, we are not so sure that sort of travel will be easy to do in the next couple of years and, as we are now 71, those sort of holidays and our free spirit attitude when we have just gone off on our own in less developed countries may be limited in the future.  Hence may just go for a P&O Caribbean if only as an extra, as they do work out very well priced considering  flights are needed.  A balcony is something that has not bothered us in the past, but would be essential on a bigger ship IMO and ships are becoming bigger with all cruise lines to some extent.  We would love to do an around South America cruise and would have probably booked that by now if not for COVID, but perhaps we could do that as well or just need to accept the world as it is now.

On our 1st cruise on Sea Princess in 2007,St Thomas had at least 10 ships in.Several docked and others anchored all round the bay.It was pretty busy,lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I seem to remember Molecrochip suggesting her maiden cruise would be just before Christmas so if that was a 22 night cruise it would mean that the cruises starting from Barbados probably would start in January?

It has already been announced on an industry website today that the Caribbean season in 2023 will be from January to March they will use Barbados and Antigua as home ports and will visit for the first time by a P&O cruise ship of La Romana in the Dominican Republic. Therefore I should imagine there will be a Maiden cruise planned from Southampton for Christmas/New Year 2022/23. These cruises and the rest of 2022 season will be on sale shortly.

• Like 2

We are off on Azura in Jan next year and looking at the itinerary for Arvia we quite fancy her for Jan 23 especially the stop  in La Romana. Just have to wait and see how much it will all cost but if it is similar prices to Azura we will jump at the chance I think.

Peter and Jenny

21 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Might be tempted at a 22 night TA.

Thats the one we might be tempted to book but if its the maiden voyage AND over Christmas and New Year I dread to see what the prices will be!!(I will have to get over my fear of flying first!)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

So just Britannia and Arriva in the Caribbean? Can't see P&O basing three ships there in the winter. 

If you want mu guess Azura could be based in the Gulf for her winter seasons in future, after her summer season in Malta, which might mean we never see her in Southampton again.

However if Aurora or Arcadia are sold then she might be needed for a Worldie or a South American jaunt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If you want mu guess Azura could be based in the Gulf for her winter seasons in future, after her summer season in Malta, which might mean we never see her in Southampton again.

However if Aurora or Arcadia are sold then she might be needed for a Worldie or a South American jaunt.

Do you think they might base Arriva in Malta for the summer?