NCL New Sail Safe

40 minutes ago, CruiseHealing said:

CDC walked right into it when they stated last week that fully vaccinated people can travel.  DelRio knew that he could use their own words to trap them into starting cruising or sue them with various cruise lines. Then the states with cruise ports could also join the suit.  CDC is so obnoxious it will ignore the request.  That is the problem of bureaucracies once they get power, you will have to fight them to remove their corrupt fingers.

The only problem with setting up a lawsuit is how long it takes to sue to govt. 

Cdc doesnt care. 

4 hours ago, Middleager said:

Good for NCL.

I wouldn't want to be on a cruise with anti-vaxxers.

Yes I'll come back to cruise on NCL now that all guests/crews need to be fully vaccinated.

Why not?  You are vaccinated.  This reeks of 80s AIDS hysteria.  As a covid19 survivor, I'm still waiting on the science that says I need it.  Furthermore, none of the trials involved those who have had covid, so any vaccine is untested on my demographic.  Finally, those who have had it and DO get a vaccine get sicker than I ever did with the disease. In my unvaccinated state I would have no problem cruising at my own risk.  

Vaccinate crews and cruise at your own risk.  HoW REcKLeSs!!!

• Like 2

Until everyone gets their vaccine, including getting it for your children, this stupid virus will not go away. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand.  People listening to TikTok doctors telling them not to get it. Smdh. I have a daughter that’s anti, and I tell her shes crazy too. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, CruiseHealing said:

CDC walked right into it when they stated last week that fully vaccinated people can travel.  DelRio knew that he could use their own words to trap them into starting cruising or sue them with various cruise lines. Then the states with cruise ports could also join the suit.  CDC is so obnoxious it will ignore the request.  That is the problem of bureaucracies once they get power, you will have to fight them to remove their corrupt fingers.

They always ignore details.

Fully vaccinated people can travel within the United States and do not need COVID-19 testing or post-travel self-quarantine as long as they continue to take COVID-19 precautions while traveling – wearing a mask, avoiding crowds, socially distancing, and washing hands frequently.

Fully vaccinated people must still have a negative COVID-19 test result before they board a flight to the United States and get a COVID-19 test 3 to 5 days after returning from international travel.

28 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

Until everyone gets their vaccine, including getting it for your children, this stupid virus will not go away. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand.  People listening to TikTok doctors telling them not to get it. Smdh. I have a daughter that’s anti, and I tell her shes crazy too. 

Follow the science  - or what they are really saying is shut and listen to us and don't speak -

Science is fluid - what they know today is disproven tomorrow. To make a blanket statement that this will not end until we all take a vaccine is telling me this virus sprung up in nature. We all know there is something we are not being told. Chances are this isn't the last vaccine we all will get and so if we all take this shot the virus will still be around as the science stands today.

Good news is I don't have TikTok so I have not be influenced by those TikTok doctors!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Science is fluid - what they know today is disproven tomorrow.

Science forms a hypothesis based on available evidence. As knowledge is gained, a hypothesis can evolve. Science has come a long way in dealing with Covid in a little over a year, but continues to evolve. The truth is better than denying and deflecting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Science forms a hypothesis based on available evidence. As knowledge is gained, a hypothesis can evolve. Science has come a long way in dealing with Covid in a little over a year, but continues to evolve. The truth is better than denying and deflecting.

A hypothesis is actually something to disprove - 

We have learned so much in a little over a year.

Most of what I learned is that playing politics and trusting any politician with your health is more dangerous than the illness itself.

I hope people get to go back on cruises but if people believe they are anymore safe on a ship than anywhere else in the world they are fooling themselves with what we know. People are still getting the virus with the vaccine. Most are getting mid cases but that means people could be getting exposed and potentially sick with sailing in a self contained tin can with thousands of other people. Its okay - get vaccinated, but don't fool yourself that this is the final chapter - 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kona_wahine said:

This is exactly where the anti vaxxers get their medical PhD .... TIKTOK,  Facebook, YouTube, and other goofy conspiracy websites. Or they heard something from a friend who knew a guy that knows some lady who's neighbors sister housekeeper got sick from the vaccine they think. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are fully vaccinated and beginning to go out more, but are still being very cautious and diligently wear our masks.   However, I haven't seen anyone mention this, from the CDC website (see below).   So, using that logic, then if NCL only has vaccinated guests, then masks are not necessary, even indoors, nor is social distancing.   This distinction seems important if we are talking about 100% vaccinations required to get aboard the ship.   

What You Can Start to Do

If you’ve been fully vaccinated:

• You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Why not?  You are vaccinated.  

Because as a fully vaccinated person myself I don't want to pay thousands of dollars for a cruise and have hundreds of unvaccinated 70 year olds who could get deathly ill aboard from a covid outbreak resulting in a cancelled cruise or being rerouted or delayed or having a death on board and all the negative press that would come with it. How are you not able to comprehend or think about that and all the bad that could happen? I mean, really? Your way of thinking is a me me me way of thinking and not a big picture or what's best for everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

While what you are saying about children may seem plausible, the actual experience evidence says differently. 

You might want to rethink that statement:

Cases in Children Helping the Surge of COVID Variants

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210402/cases-in-children-helping-surge-of-covid-variants

https://abc11.com/covid-chidlren-variant-coroanvirus-coronavirus-vaccine/10486843/

Edited by Earthworm Jim

52 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Follow the science  - or what they are really saying is shut and listen to us and don't speak -

Science is fluid - what they know today is disproven tomorrow. To make a blanket statement that this will not end until we all take a vaccine is telling me this virus sprung up in nature. We all know there is something we are not being told. Chances are this isn't the last vaccine we all will get and so if we all take this shot the virus will still be around as the science stands today.

Good news is I don't have TikTok so I have not be influenced by those TikTok doctors!

Every REAL doctor I have spoke with (I was in hospital ICU last month so I saw ALOT of them) says GET THE VACCINE. Think I’ll believe the real doctors, thank you very much. 

Edited by kona_wahine
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, tallnthensome said:

Because as a fully vaccinated person myself I don't want to pay thousands of dollars for a cruise and have hundreds of unvaccinated 70 year olds who could get deathly ill aboard from a covid outbreak resulting in a cancelled cruise or being rerouted or delayed or having a death on board and all the negative press that would come with it. How are you not able to comprehend or think about that and all the bad that could happen? I mean, really? Your way of thinking is a me me me way of thinking and not a big picture or what's best for everyone. 

ok...DEEP BREATH....   This did not even happen on Princess.  Latency averages 6 days.  Unless all those hundreds of 70 year olds were at the same mega superspreader event the week prior, your scenario will never play out.  If they were all like minded like yourself, they would all be vaccinated.  The only ones at risk would be the unvaccinated and those who never had the disease.

I fear a norovirus outbreak and hundreds of 70 year-olds with uncontrollable diarrhea far more than a Covid outbreak.

PS - Did you see the crowds at the Texas Rangers game?  Horrific!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

Every REAL doctor I have spoke with (I was in hospital ICU last month so I saw ALOT of them) says GET THE VACCINE. Think I’ll believe the real doctors, thank you very much. 

How do you know I am not a real doctor - Plus when did I say don't get the vaccine??

Get the vaccine and do as you please, I am just saying its not going to be the end as the virus is going to do what the virus does no matter what ANY doctor says or does. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

PS - Did you see the crowds at the Texas Rangers game?  Horrific!

Did they force anyone to go to that baseball game??

If a cruise ship left today it would be full as well - even without any restrictions. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Did they force anyone to go to that baseball game??

If a cruise ship left today it would be full as well - even without any restrictions. 

That was my point 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, trvlgirlmq said:

It might be safe to travel but it is still not safe to gather in large crowds.  A sail away deck party is definitely a large crowd.

And there are plenty of other times when there are large crowds, many of them indoors such as leaving the theater.

16 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I'm beginning to root against the cruise lines and their thoughts even though I have taken the Jab - although I really don't have to root against them because our politicians hate them so much.

Forcing a 5 year old child to be vaccinated to come on the ship when science doesn't have a clue about them is a bit much - I guess the teachers unions apparently run the cruise companies as well as the schools.

Enjoy the face masks and probability of the  constant threat of being thrown off if you don't comply like they are doing on the airlines when you get on and fly. I can just see all the  new fun mask police who will be vacationing along just to enforce their own "safety" vacations.

I think they are just doing what they need to do, to start cruising back up.  They said it is on initial cruises up til Nov 1.  I'm not happy with kids having to be vaccinated either, considering I have a 15 year old that isn't vaccinated and a cruise on Oct 9.  However, I do understand why they are doing it.  We will have to be patient and wait this out.  It  will get better.  

The cruiselines are just trying to stay afloat and do what they need to do to stay out of bankruptcy and start cruising back.  

• Like 1

Good for NCL.  They are being proactive.  If there are bureaucrats who really want to get the economy firing on all pistons again, this helps to break the logjam.  I'm dealing at a very minor level with a reopening (it's really complicated in Michigan right now), and it gets stuck on sincere chicken and egg questions with a lot of "let's see what happens" thrown in.  NCL put something out, I believe, in good faith.  Hopefully there's somebody willing to respond in good faith in the CDC.  

• Like 2

I actually like NCL's plan.  It seems sound.  It doesn't answer every question, which is why I think the CDC will either smack it down or give it the cold shoulder.  As my favorite philosopher used to say, "authority always wins".

In somewhat related news, NCL is going to send some ships to new home ports this summer:

Norwegian Jade - Athens, Greece starting July 25

Norwegian Joy - Montego Bay, Jamaica starting August 7

Norwegian Gem - La Romana, Dominican Republic starting August 15

All these cruises will be seven days.  There's some other NCL cancellation news with this announcement at https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings .

11 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

And how is your way of thinking not all me, me, me, it's my vacation......

In truth I would bet that you wouldn't have a bunch of 70 year olds that aren't vaccinated on a cruise. Now 20, 30 year olds that's another story and that wouldn't bother me at all (yes, I'm vaccinated) as they are very low risk to get sick. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

And how is your way of thinking not all me, me, me, it's my vacation......

In truth I would bet that you wouldn't have a bunch of 70 year olds that aren't vaccinated on a cruise. Now 20, 30 year olds that's another story and that wouldn't bother me at all (yes, I'm vaccinated) as they are very low risk to get sick. 

Covid is the ultimate me me me of our generation - folks save yourself as nobody else will! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

I think they are just doing what they need to do, to start cruising back up.  They said it is on initial cruises up til Nov 1.  I'm not happy with kids having to be vaccinated either, considering I have a 15 year old that isn't vaccinated and a cruise on Oct 9.  However, I do understand why they are doing it.  We will have to be patient and wait this out.  It  will get better.  

The cruiselines are just trying to stay afloat and do what they need to do to stay out of bankruptcy and start cruising back.  

Nothing is changing - they will cruise out of foreign ports and we will see how great they are and the local infrastructure handles anything if something happens. If nothing happens we will all be happy, if something happens it will have the potential to be disastrous and everyone will say - see it wasn't safe. 

• Like 1