NCL New Sail Safe

Face coverings are currently required for guests while indoors except for in their own accommodations and while eating and drinking in restaurants, bars and lounges or outdoors when physical distancing is not possible.”

.... despite mandatory vaccinations for everyone on-board.  Good grief.

• Like 4

I'm beginning to root against the cruise lines and their thoughts even though I have taken the Jab - although I really don't have to root against them because our politicians hate them so much.

Forcing a 5 year old child to be vaccinated to come on the ship when science doesn't have a clue about them is a bit much - I guess the teachers unions apparently run the cruise companies as well as the schools.

Enjoy the face masks and probability of the  constant threat of being thrown off if you don't comply like they are doing on the airlines when you get on and fly. I can just see all the  new fun mask police who will be vacationing along just to enforce their own "safety" vacations.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

For those hoping to sail with children, this will not happen on NCL until they are vaccinated. I am hoping CArnival does not follow suit but who knows.

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

When did our children become part of another Human species? This fact of nature means that they are susceptible and can carry this Virus. For some reason we think that they are immune. Sure their young systems are much more capable of fighting off viruses and diseases; however, their systems are not "100% Perfect" and so they are still at risk. 

May all Cruise Lines happily follow NCL's Lead. Finally beginning to make sense.   

• Like 11

1 minute ago, jetsfan58 said:

When did our children become part of another Human species? This fact of nature means that they are susceptible and can carry this Virus. For some reason we think that they are immune. Sure their young systems are much more capable of fighting off viruses and diseases; however, their systems are not "100% Perfect" and so they are still at risk. 

May all Cruise Lines happily follow NCL's Lead. Finally beginning to make sense.   

While what you are saying about children may seem plausible, the actual experience evidence says differently.  We haven't seen children getting or transmitting this virus to anywhere near the extent adults do.  Certainly not hospitalizations and deaths.  Very rare.  Plus children do have different reactions to vaccines and medicine than adults.  Thus there's a different standard of testing.  Pfizer has come out with a study saying these are good for 12-18 year olds.  But I'm not sure if anything is going on regarding younger children.

And as far as masks for people who have had the vaccine,  if everyone on a cruise ship has  had the vaccine and ships are at 50% or less capacity, wearing a mask is probably overdoing the protection. but does create a psychological sense of safety.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I'm beginning to root against the cruise lines and their thoughts even though I have taken the Jab - although I really don't have to root against them because our politicians hate them so much.

Forcing a 5 year old child to be vaccinated to come on the ship when science doesn't have a clue about them is a bit much - I guess the teachers unions apparently run the cruise companies as well as the schools.

Enjoy the face masks and probability of the  constant threat of being thrown off if you don't comply like they are doing on the airlines when you get on and fly. I can just see all the  new fun mask police who will be vacationing along just to enforce their own "safety" vacations.

The teacher unions have no say in cruise ship line procedures. 😉 No one is forcing anyone to get vaccinated it is still your choice, you just cannot sail without being vaccinated. Like me you have been vaccinated and can cruise, while until my grandchildren are eligible to receive a vaccine they can not. That I leave to their parents to decide. Whatever is decided all of us can decide if we choose to get vaccinated or not as it is a vacation which we have the option of deciding how and where we plan to enjoy that time.

I would not get to caught up in the stuff NCL is putting out. They are just trying to force the CDC to make a decision and setting up a lawsuit if they are denied from sailing.

The CDC said it is safe to travel if you are vaccinated so they are pushing the CDC to open cruising just like all other travel and sue if they are denied.

When sailing resumes kids will not be denied, vaccination will not be required.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I would not get to caught up in the stuff NCL is putting out. They are just trying to force the CDC to make a decision and setting up a lawsuit if they are denied from sailing.

The CDC said it is safe to travel if you are vaccinated so they are pushing the CDC to open cruising just like all other travel and sue if they are denied.

I tend to agree with you.

49 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

While what you are saying about children may seem plausible, the actual experience evidence says differently.  We haven't seen children getting or transmitting this virus to anywhere near the extent adults do.  Certainly not hospitalizations and deaths.  Very rare.  Plus children do have different reactions to vaccines and medicine than adults.  Thus there's a different standard of testing.  Pfizer has come out with a study saying these are good for 12-18 year olds.  But I'm not sure if anything is going on regarding younger children.

And as far as masks for people who have had the vaccine,  if everyone on a cruise ship has  had the vaccine and ships are at 50% or less capacity, wearing a mask is probably overdoing the protection. but does create a psychological sense of safety.

In my humble opinion you just can never be too safe. Again when Science can "100% Officially" rule out children of all ages from contracting the Virus then a smooth "sailing" we will go. Until then please get those babies vaccinated. I still wear two mask as requested/suggested by the Medical Experts and am still living to talk about it. 

So if it is called "Overdoing It" I am guilty and let all others cast a stone in my honor.   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

It might be safe to travel but it is still not safe to gather in large crowds.  A sail away deck party is definitely a large crowd.

• Like 2

FYI these proposed measures to be allowed to restart without mock cruises etc, waive the cso ..are only until the end of oct.

Just a reminder these are just to override the cso and restart.,

November is back to whatever ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

I hope vaccinations are required for everyone on the ship.

I am hoping so also, I believe requiring them will get us back on the ocean sooner and the chances of more ports open for visitors too. At least for awhile, maybe till November when the current plans expire. 

To my fellow Cruise Nuts "BlerkOne" and "Tree Critter" "My Sincere Thank You" for your input. We all truly need to understand that we are all still very susceptible (even with the Vaccines administered) so all out precautionary measures should be welcomed by all.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

FYI these proposed measures to be allowed to restart without mock cruises etc, waive the cso ..are only until the end of oct.

Just a reminder these are just to override the cso and restart.,

November is back to whatever ...

Yes, no, maybe. The CSO can be modified or extended. Just depends.

39 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

It might be safe to travel but it is still not safe to gather in large crowds.  A sail away deck party is definitely a large crowd.

while true, they are usually outdoors. not as bad as a large crown indoors.

1 hour ago, tree.critter said:

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

CDC walked right into it when they stated last week that fully vaccinated people can travel.  DelRio knew that he could use their own words to trap them into starting cruising or sue them with various cruise lines. Then the states with cruise ports could also join the suit.  CDC is so obnoxious it will ignore the request.  That is the problem of bureaucracies once they get power, you will have to fight them to remove their corrupt fingers.

Edited by CruiseHealing
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, CruiseHealing said:

CDC walked right into it when they stated last week that fully vaccinated people can travel.  DelRio knew that he could use their own words to trap them into starting cruising or sue them with various cruise lines. Then the states with cruise ports could also join the suit.  CDC is so obnoxious it will ignore the request.  That is the problem of bureaucracies once they get power, you will have to fight them to remove their corrupt fingers.

NCL has called the CDC's bluff. What will be the CDC's reaction. Will Dr. Walensky become Dean Wormer from Animal House and declare the Cruise Industry was really under double secret probation.

• Like 1