NCL announces outside of US cruises for July/August,

oteixeira

5 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24713-norwegian-cruise-line-sets-restart-plan-with-three-ships.html

Just checked out the Joy.  Balcony cabin (NOT sailaway), all extras, flights, and DSC included, $3709 total for the second week of August.

Gotta pay to play I guess (meaning I think this is a good price range compared to Celebrity who are at 4K for their week-longs).  It would be cheaper going out of Miami, Mini-suites with extra large balconies used to run this range a year ago.  Oh well, I need a cruise.

• Like 2

I placed a hold for the first week of September and it was about $1600 total for an interior cabin (not a Sailaway). Definitely more than what I would normally pay, but I'm willing to do what I can to get the cruise lines back up and running. 

21 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24713-norwegian-cruise-line-sets-restart-plan-with-three-ships.html

Just checked out the Joy.  Balcony cabin (NOT sailaway), all extras, flights, and DSC included, $3709 total for the second week of August.

Please say you are not considering canceling those wonderful land vacation you have book to cruise. I know how pleased you are not to be stressed about if a cruise will sail or be canceled.

TRAVEL ALERTUpdated: April 6, 2021 - Suspended Cruises

In conjunction with our return to service announcement, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension through August 31, 2021 for the following ships; Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Star and Norwegian Sun. In addition, Norwegian Epic through Sept. 1, 2021; and Norwegian Pearl through Nov. 7, 2021 have also been suspended.

Norwegian Joy, Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Gem now boast new homeports in Greece and the Caribbean for three new and exciting itineraries sailing in July. Book them now!

No changes have been made to the July and August cruises on Norwegian Bliss and Pride of America.

We are committed to taking all appropriate actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. Our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners and will keep them informed of the latest happenings.

1 hour ago, oteixeira said:

Gotta pay to play I guess (meaning I think this is a good price range compared to Celebrity who are at 4K for their week-longs).  It would be cheaper going out of Miami, Mini-suites with extra large balconies used to run this range a year ago.  Oh well, I need a cruise.

Just priced a week on Celebrity, sailing July 10th...AI, drinks, internet, DSC etc...$3540.

I agree, I need a cruise too....problem is getting to St Marteen or the DR.  😞

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

My only thoughts and question will be having the negative covid test coming back to the US.  How/when and where would these be handled?

Not sure about NCL, but Royal and Celebrity are going to provide the tests on the ship.  I'm thinking NCL would be similar.   

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I agree, I need a cruise too....problem is getting to St Marteen or the DR.

I agree about the "getting there" for sure.  Just looked for flights to the DR, from here, (here being TO) or Buffalo, NY,  no flights available.  

Edited by All-ready2cruise

1 minute ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I agree about the "getting there" for sure.  Just looked for flights to the DR, from here, (here being TO) or Buffalo, NY,  no flights available.  

I looked from DFW and they don't show available either.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Where do you live? For us, those flights are cheap! (we live in the DC area).

Last I checked Delta to St Marteen it was around $600.....not all that bad, but not cheap to me when I'm used to flying ATL to FLL or MIA.....  🙂

35 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Last I checked Delta to St Marteen it was around $600.....not all that bad, but not cheap to me when I'm used to flying ATL to FLL or MIA.....  🙂

Just did a mock booking on NCL a few minutes ago, they asked for my departure airport, I put it in and was ready to go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TSUmom said:

My only thoughts and question will be having the negative covid test coming back to the US.  How/when and where would these be handled?

Celebrity is doing rapid tests on board the ship, for all passengers the day before disembarkation, which will allow entry back to the US. 

They're also requiring a negative rt-PCR test from home taken within 5 days before boarding, and will be doing antigen testing at the pier before anyone gets on the ship.

St. Maarten also requires a negative rt-PCR test to enter the country (you need to submit this online and get pre-approval), and show proof to the airline before getting on the plane.

I'm happy that NCL will be doing this.  However, we have no interest.  If we are going to fly to Jamaica or DR, we're going to stay in a all inclusive resort.  The only option that appeals to us is Greece but we've decided against our planned trip to Prague this year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

They're also requiring a negative rt-PCR test

There's a CHNACE this would exclude anyone that's had COVID in the 3-5 months prior to sailing.  The reason for my comment - when I went for a test in January there was a woman at the facility looking to be tested for return to work after a positive test and the facility told her that she could test positive for 3-5 months after recovery.

24 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Hopefully, this move by NCL (on the coattails of Frank Del Rio's letter to the CDC) plus the previous moves by Celebrity & RCI will be enough for the CDC to allow cruises from the U.S.

Why would they?  It is perfect for the CDC because it allows the cruise lines to do the test cruises with all of the onus on the lines.  And get big bucks for them.  Win for the cruise lines, win for the CDC.

Once they see how things progress, they can make a final decision on opening out of US ports.

23 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Hopefully, this move by NCL (on the coattails of Frank Del Rio's letter to the CDC) plus the previous moves by Celebrity & RCI will be enough for the CDC to allow cruises from the U.S.

I don't see why any of what you mention would have any affect on the CDC's willingness to allow cruises from the US.  The CDC will allow cruises from US ports to recommence when they believe it is safe to do so.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MichiganBound said:

I don't see why any of what you mention would have any affect on the CDC's willingness to allow cruises from the US.  The CDC will allow cruises from US ports to recommence when they believe it is safe to do so.  

It depends on how cynical you are.  You say they'll do it when they feel it's safe.  I say they'll do it when the public and political pressure becomes too much for them.

• Like 1