Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Please name the airline. I am a huge proponent of universal masking but, that mandate is absurd. Same with the poster up thread that said they had to sip, mask, sip, mask, sip, mask. That is also absurd. I'll stay home, thank you.

Especially on a 6 or 7 hour flight for you to catch a cruise out of LA to Hawaii or San Fran or Seattle to Alaska. Or for me to travel to the east coast of U.S from UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

 

Please expand on this. How do you get free parking? Where?

Thanks!

The free parking is for town residents. Check your township they may offer it where you live also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

At the beach that I would be going to if I were a beach person is 62.

Town of Oyster Bay is 60 and I am a beach person. I hope they still have the same social distancing rules as they did last year.  It  was such a pleasure last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

HI I'm sorry to be so negative, but coming from a province that numbers are out getting (are) out of control and a year later still reading something like sounds "all about me" comments - won't wear a mask, mad they can't travel, won't cruise again until they can without a mask.

 If you don't want to wear a mask on a cruise, sounds like you don't wear one now. And sounds like you don't care about keeping anyone else safe. So Stay Home!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Town of Oyster Bay is 60 and I am a beach person. I hope they still have the same social distancing rules as they did last year.  It  was such a pleasure last year.

I live in a town house condo.We have 3 outdoor pools.Most of the residents prefer the pool to the beach.

Did you ever know a guy in your town that had the same name as the star of Goodfellas ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jaspercat said:

HI I'm sorry to be so negative, but coming from a province that numbers are out getting (are) out of control and a year later still reading something like sounds "all about me" comments - won't wear a mask, mad they can't travel, won't cruise again until they can without a mask.

 If you don't want to wear a mask on a cruise, sounds like you don't wear one now. And sounds like you don't care about keeping anyone else safe. So Stay Home!

 

On the other hand, if you are scared, why don't YOU stay home and keep yourself safe ? The other 99.XX % of us will enjoy our lives............

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Town of Oyster Bay is 60 and I am a beach person. I hope they still have the same social distancing rules as they did last year.  It  was such a pleasure last year.

I already miss the social distancing at the bar during happy hour.  Liked it when only half or so bar stools were there

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, molly361 said:
9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Town of Oyster Bay is 60 and I am a beach person. I hope they still have the same social distancing rules as they did last year.  It  was such a pleasure last year.

I already miss the social distancing at the bar during happy hour.  Liked it when only half or so bar stools were there

Completely agree. I have been flying and traveling for work regularly throughout the pandemic. I will miss pandemic flying - it's been fantastic. No lines, extra space on the plane, cheap hotels... It's been pretty great actually.

 

112 flight segments flown since last March. Still haven't gotten Covid.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 8:45 AM, ace2542 said:

It will probably be like that for a very long time on ships if not forever. Because after all masks are the only way to protect against Covid lawsuits, colds, covid and flu and even noro and they know it.

  

 

Thanks for leading off with it instead if keeping me in suspense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If everyone onboard is vaccinated and passes a Covid test prior to boarding, the risk of an onboard Covid infection is minimal.  You should be able to cruise without masks under these conditions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 6:42 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Allegiant, though think others are also

 

American also requires this. It has definitely gotten more strict. First flight post mask requirements was last September and you could eat your meal without putting your mask up for each bite. Not the case now, at least on the flights I've been on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 3:00 PM, Shorewalk Holmes said:

 

You may know this already, but in case someone doesn't, the FDA tests and certifies many N95 and KN95 masks for covid protection.  Their electrostatic layer captures aerosols the size of Covid virus particles, so they work very well.

 

These masks are widely available and relatively inexpensive.  There is a New York Times-recommended nonprofit called The N95 Project that sells them from vetted suppliers.

 

WHOA!  New "profit center" for cruise lines.  Sell pre-boarding boxes of N95 masks like they do water. Delivered to cabin. Ship or cruise line logo. And then have them also available on board for sale.  😵  You'll need 3-5 masks a day per person depending on how much intermingling you do in "crowded" spaces where masks are required. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

WHOA!  New "profit center" for cruise lines.  Sell pre-boarding boxes of N95 masks like they do water. Delivered to cabin. Ship or cruise line logo. And then have them also available on board for sale.  😵  You'll need 3-5 masks a day per person depending on how much intermingling you do in "crowded" spaces where masks are required. 

 

I don't blame you for worrying about cruise line markup 🙂

 

But the NYT recommended mask is less than $1.50 per mask in small quantities.  And the way I read the CDC guidelines, the good masks can be re-used up to 5 times even in a hospital setting unless the manufacturer says otherwise or the mask is damaged.

 

The nonprofit is projectn95.org

 

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HxFx said:

you could eat your meal without putting your mask up for each bite. Not the case now, at least on the flights I've been on

The reason for that is because people are probably sitting their with a packet of pringles or can of coke which they make last 3 hours. They may do the exact things on ship in the bars or on the sundeck you know make that drink last for an hour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

 

I don't blame you for worrying about cruise line markup 🙂

 

But the NYT recommended mask is less than $1.50 per mask in small quantities.  And the way I read the CDC guidelines, the good masks can be re-used up to 5 times even in a hospital setting unless the manufacturer says otherwise or the mask is damaged.

 

The nonprofit is projectn95.org

 

Not a bad price point. I think I picked up 3 5packs of N95 at Home Depot back in February 202 for our last cruise at $6.95 a pack.  

 But if a mask, any mask, is wet from breath it will attract all sorts of floating things.  Do they disappear when dry or cling on?  I have no idea. Changing masks frequently is the way to go but guess few would "religiously" do that on a cruise ship, or even now.   Would agree that masks and frequent handwashing would help prevent flu and NORO outbreaks as well.

And supposedly, the CDC says if vaccinated after a month, you can no longer get or transmit the virus. But how would a cruise line or fellow passenger know you were vaccinated without carrying around your vaccine card on a lanyard?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Not a bad price point. I think I picked up 3 5packs of N95 at Home Depot back in February 202 for our last cruise at $6.95 a pack.  

 But if a mask, any mask, is wet from breath it will attract all sorts of floating things.  Do they disappear when dry or cling on?  I have no idea. Changing masks frequently is the way to go but guess few would "religiously" do that on a cruise ship, or even now.   Would agree that masks and frequent handwashing would help prevent flu and NORO outbreaks as well.

And supposedly, the CDC says if vaccinated after a month, you can no longer get or transmit the virus. But how would a cruise line or fellow passenger know you were vaccinated without carrying around your vaccine card on a lanyard?

 

 

Pretty simple. They make it a requirement for boarding. Then there is no need to keep proving something once you are aboard the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

WHOA!  New "profit center" for cruise lines.  Sell pre-boarding boxes of N95 masks like they do water. Delivered to cabin. Ship or cruise line logo. And then have them also available on board for sale.  😵  You'll need 3-5 masks a day per person depending on how much intermingling you do in "crowded" spaces where masks are required. 

Of course the majority of people don't wear 3-5 masks per week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

 Would agree that masks and frequent handwashing would help prevent flu and NORO outbreaks as well.

Masks don't do anything for either, especially norovirus, which can be transmitted in several different ways

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Pretty simple. They make it a requirement for boarding. Then there is no need to keep proving something once you are aboard the ship.

That of course assumes cruising requires all passengers to be vaccinated. Appears to be the direction cruise lines are heading but if its just negative testing and or vaccines, you're not going to know by sight alone.  Of course, we'll probably be subject to the bureaucratic and the Good Dr 's thinking "still wear a mask"  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jaspercat said:

HI I'm sorry to be so negative, but coming from a province that numbers are out getting (are) out of control and a year later still reading something like sounds "all about me" comments - won't wear a mask, mad they can't travel, won't cruise again until they can without a mask.

 If you don't want to wear a mask on a cruise, sounds like you don't wear one now. And sounds like you don't care about keeping anyone else safe. So Stay Home!


Tell the people in your providence to mask up!!! Selfish Canadians!!!!  Look at your numbers!!! What is wrong with you people!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 2:04 AM, chrisness said:

Hello fellow RCL cruisers!

 

I have a question and a warning to give in this post. My question is, assuming that the CDC allows cruises to sail this summer, will face masks be required? Since it appears that a negative PCR test and full vaccinations will be required for everyone on the boat, will they still mandate face masks?

The reason why I ask this question rolls right into my warning. Last October (2020) I spent a week in Vegas. I did my regular routine. Booked a suite at the cosmo, booked a daybed at the pool, made restaurant reservations, gambled at the Aria and booked a table at a nightclub (only nightclub open really). Same routine, different results this time. It ended up being not only the least amount of fun I have had in Vegas but it also landed in my top three worst trips ever. I know what you are thinking, oh boy we have another anti masker crying up a storm. Not true my friends. Thanks to my job I am one of the rare people who has been able to travel freely around the world during this crisis. I wear my mask even in countries that do not require them. I wear mask on 10+ hours long flights. What I am talking about is spending thousands of dollars to be constantly monitored and unreasonably nagged during your vacation.

 

Remember that daybed at the outside pool I mentioned? Imagine being outside at the pool, ten feet away from anyone else and security is walking around telling people that if they are not eating and drinking then the mask must be on. "No problem", you think. You are drinking pina coladas and talking to your friends, it should be no big deal. The security is back again breathing down your neck however because you must be ACTIVELY drinking. So after you are done sipping, the mask must go back on. Sip, mask, sip, mask. The entire trip was like that in all locations (except for Freemont which was the wild wild west). You were constantly breaking some over the top covid rule and you were always being scolded about it. I have many examples but I think you get the gist. It just sucked the enjoyment right out of the trip. I have a friend who the same thing happened to her at a Disney resort. She refuses to go anywhere for vacation now that has a strict mask policy.

 

So my warning is this, if cruising starts again and RCL maintains its current mask policy then you should consider canceling. I love cruises, in fact i'm managing a RCL cruise group hoping to sail this September. We each have suites reserved, packages booked and everyone is excited. We will all be canceling however if that mask requirement stays. We simply won't pay a company to tell us sip mask, sip mask on a boat with fully vaccinated people.    

 

-Cheers!

Had a similar experience a month ago at an NHL game.  No more games for me.  I wear a mask, and am happy to do so.  However to present the perfect image to home audiences that might happen to see me sitting in my seat talking to the people I just went to dinner with 30 minutes prior to the game, the usher is not happy that you are wearing a mask most of the time.  Some kids in front of us were threatened to be ejected for trying to enjoy the game.  I am not going to spend hundreds to be harassed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Had a similar experience a month ago at an NHL game.  No more games for me.  I wear a mask, and am happy to do so.  However to present the perfect image to home audiences that might happen to see me sitting in my seat talking to the people I just went to dinner with 30 minutes prior to the game, the usher is not happy that you are wearing a mask most of the time.  Some kids in front of us were threatened to be ejected for trying to enjoy the game.  I am not going to spend hundreds to be harassed.

 

You got to go to an actual NHL game? Darn, no such thing in Toronto. The Leafs are playing in an empty arena. Heck, our Blue Jays are playing in Dunedin, then Buffalo this season. I have no clue where the Raptor's are playing. And my Argos of the CFL (proper 3 down football for my American friends out there 😉) did not even play last year and might not play again this year.😭

 

And to add insult to injury our province just closed all the golf courses for the next six weeks. (Can you tell I'm a bigger sports nut than a cruising nut?)

 

Back to my question, did the usher really give you grief about wearing a mask? Or was it for taking it off to talk to other people?

 

Edited by DirtyDawg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...