Is This THE Announcement?

KennyFla

The CDC has given a time frame to the industry to re-start, and seems to have incorporated vaccinations in the equation.  But we only have a summary, hopefully this is not another sleight-of-hand with a mountain of fine print that will kill it.

We shall see.  At least some movement.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/04/28/cdc-cruises-could-restart-july/4883450001/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KennyFla said:

We are booked mid-October on the Divina, so I'm with you.

Mera here. This is our 4th time rebooking. We were supposed to be on her last week for my 60th. All good though, and give us some extra time to shed the pounds we gained during lockdown. 🙄

CDC latest release. Giving the OK to start cruising from US ports mid July. However. Watch where you are going. If it is the Bahamas (No idea about MSCs island which is the Bahamas) You MUST purchase the Bahamas health visa. You must have received the vaccination at least 14 days prior to sailing or have a negative swab covid19 test within 5 days. Fill out the health Visa application, which costs $40.00 per person. It includes health insurance. I would really like to know if it is required for going to MSCs island. 

2 hours ago, sfaaa said:

'98% of crew and 95% of passengers are fully vaccinated.' Why the exception? Make mandatory vaccination 100% on all ships.

No interest in exceptions.  100% of crew and guests must be vaccinated before I will invest anymore money in a cruise vacation.  

If there are "exceptions" allowed, that is going to lead to a continuation of the need to wear a mask during a cruise.  

I AM NOT WEARING A MASK DURING A CRUISE! 

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

CDC latest release. Giving the OK to start cruising from US ports mid July. However. Watch where you are going. If it is the Bahamas (No idea about MSCs island which is the Bahamas) You MUST purchase the Bahamas health visa. You must have received the vaccination at least 14 days prior to sailing or have a negative swab covid19 test within 5 days. Fill out the health Visa application, which costs $40.00 per person. It includes health insurance. I would really like to know if it is required for going to MSCs island. 

I'm glad you posted this - the Bahama requirement for the health visa is news to me.  I'm not sure I want to pay another $40 to get off the ship in Nassau.  But, I definitely want to disembark at MSC's island.  I'll have to monitor the boards for this requirement for MSC's and other cruise line's private islands in the Bahamas.  Thanks for posting!

3 hours ago, sfaaa said:

'98% of crew and 95% of passengers are fully vaccinated.' Why the exception? Make mandatory vaccination 100% on all ships.

Probably small children as I think vaccines are only approved for 16 and up.   

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

No interest in exceptions.  100% of crew and guests must be vaccinated before I will invest anymore money in a cruise vacation.  

If there are "exceptions" allowed, that is going to lead to a continuation of the need to wear a mask during a cruise.  

The 95/98% vaccination figures are only presented as an option to bypass the test cruise requirement. They can choose no vaccine requirement at all, but then become subject to the test cruise requirement. I too would prefer absolutely everyone onboard vaccinated but that scenario is looking less and less likely. Who knows if the CSO get extended or what will take it’s place come November. 

28 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The 95/98% vaccination figures are only presented as an option to bypass the test cruise requirement. They can choose no vaccine requirement at all, but then become subject to the test cruise requirement. I too would prefer absolutely everyone onboard vaccinated but that scenario is looking less and less likely. Who knows if the CSO get extended or what will take it’s place come November. 

Bahamas Palm Beach Cruise Line does NOT require either. However the Bahamas where they cruise to. Does!

2 hours ago, DSJ28 said:

I'm glad you posted this - the Bahama requirement for the health visa is news to me.  I'm not sure I want to pay another $40 to get off the ship in Nassau.  But, I definitely want to disembark at MSC's island.  I'll have to monitor the boards for this requirement for MSC's and other cruise line's private islands in the Bahamas.  Thanks for posting!

That's $40.00 per person. I agree. Not worth it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Does 100% vaccinated guarantee no Covid?  I think there will still be a risk of transmission.  We are going to be living in a “Brave New World” once cruising resumes.  You will probably be seeing some pax wearing masks and others without a mask...who knows for sure?  We will have to accept a measure of risk...regardless.  Flying down to Florida will probably be more dangerous than spending a week or more on a ship.  Will there ever be a time that we will call Post Covid?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Will there ever be a time that we will call Post Covid?  

In our life time, I think that is an excellent question.  

2 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Does 100% vaccinated guarantee no Covid?  I think there will still be a risk of transmission.  We are going to be living in a “Brave New World” once cruising resumes.  You will probably be seeing some pax wearing masks and others without a mask...who knows for sure?

There cannot be a guarantee of no Covid just as there has not been of the Norovirus, etc.  I am willing to endure a "Brave New World" of cruising.  With reasonable and responsible requirements.  But, I am not willing to wear a mask; I don't wish to encounter crew or staff wearing a mask.  If that is part of the "Brave New World" of cruising, then, my cruising days are finished.  

• Like 1

What bothers me about all of this. You can catch a number different diseases form other people and places and die from those for as long as I can remember. Yet, all many are concerned with is catching covid19. I am vaccinated and feel that I am protected as best as I can be. If everyone on a ship has been vaccinated, the possibility of catching covid19 are slim to none. Yes, there will always be a chance as catching any disease or a virus as it always has been. I hate these masks that do and do not do anything. They cannot make up there mind which it is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

In our life time, I think that is an excellent question.  

There cannot be a guarantee of no Covid just as there has not been of the Norovirus, etc.  I am willing to endure a "Brave New World" of cruising.  With reasonable and responsible requirements.  But, I am not willing to wear a mask; I don't wish to encounter crew or staff wearing a mask.  If that is part of the "Brave New World" of cruising, then, my cruising days are finished.  

I totally agree that wearing a mask while on a cruise makes no sense...unless you have a medical condition...such as auto immune issues.  That is why we will probably see some people wearing masks...so be it.  The irony: I am susceptible to lung infections ever since I had a serious case of pneumonia 10 years ago.  This was the first year that I did not catch a cold and suffer the 5 months it takes to clear my lungs.  I believe the masks helped me in this respect...LOL.   

• Like 3

I am just curious as to how they are going to verify a passengers vaccination status? With that little card the give you when you get your vaccination?

This is all the CDC's last grasp of their control over things they should not be involved in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Why when you can still catch and pass on the virus! Unlike a real vaccine which prevents you from getting a given illness or passing it on, this particular thing is nothing more than a Flu jab.

2 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I totally agree that wearing a mask while on a cruise makes no sense...unless you have a medical condition...such as auto immune issues.  That is why we will probably see some people wearing masks...so be it.  The irony: I am susceptible to lung infections ever since I had a serious case of pneumonia 10 years ago.  This was the first year that I did not catch a cold and suffer the 5 months it takes to clear my lungs.  I believe the masks helped me in this respect...LOL.   

Did you see Disney’s requirements for UK cruises? Unvaccinated minors are allowed but you’ll be wearing a mask any time you are outside your cabin. In the short term as long as there are unvaccinated people onboard, I think this is what you’ll be seeing.  

To get around the test cruise requirement, it’s not clear if the cruise line can willingly let 5% of pax on without a vaccine or if it just allows wiggle room for those who perhaps can’t provide the correct document. They in theory could still say 100% of pax must be vaccinated but I unfortunately don’t see that happening. Everyone is apparently too scared to be the bad guy and take that position aside from NCL.