Lets get back to cruising from Florida!

FL makes a lot of money from cruise line passengers, including me and my extended family.  Cruising is the only reason we visit FL.

Here are two articles that say it is between $7.8 and $9 Billion a year

Florida’s $9 billion cruise industry faces biggest test since 9/11

Global Cruise Industry Contributes $7.97 Billion to Florida's Economy

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/10/04/1140814/0/en/Global-Cruise-Industry-Contributes-7-97-Billion-to-Florida-s-Economy.html

7 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

FL makes a lot of money from cruise line passengers, including me and my extended family.  Cruising is the only reason we visit FL.

Florida’s $9 billion cruise industry faces biggest test since 9/11

Global Cruise Industry Contributes $7.97 Billion to Florida's Economy

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/10/04/1140814/0/en/Global-Cruise-Industry-Contributes-7-97-Billion-to-Florida-s-Economy.html

More people will Cruise post Covid then did post 9/11, many more! Also Cruise Lines will make ton of $$$$ now then in 2001/2

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Cruising's financial impact on Florida is huge.  It extends to cruisers, some who arrive one or more days early, to port workers, to cruise ship crew, to construction crews.  There is a positive impact on restaurants, bars, shops, hotels, parking garages and lots, theme parks, tour companies, airports and air lines,  rental car companies, UBER and Lyft, gas stations and convenience stores, etc.   And with Florida's sales tax on most of these, the State and local governments benefit as well.  When push comes to shove, Florida does not want to lose this multi-billion dollar industry (as evidenced by the State's lawsuit against the CDC).  However, the new law puts a real damper on cruising from Florida, but I think some creative lawyers will find a way to make sure the cruise lines can continue to use the Florida ports and cruise-related infrastructure.  

• Like 2

On 5/14/2021 at 11:07 PM, Dunfer said:

I really like this idea!  I do not believe it is discriminatory at all.  If you are black, white or Asian, you have no control over that. You can’t choose or change that.  If you choose to be vaccinated or not, that is your choice.  I am all about choices. I am vaccinated and I am ready to cruise, whatever it takes.

Where does that leave people who CAN'T get vaccinated for health/allergy reasons?  They did "choose" to not get vaccinated.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

More people will Cruise post Covid then did post 9/11, many more! Also Cruise Lines will make ton of $$$$ now then in 2001/2

10 years ago😉

Fleet has at least doubled in passenger capacity by now

59 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

10 years ago😉

Fleet has at least doubled in passenger capacity by now

Though the First 2 Cruises I went on were Explorer, at time Largest, and on those sailings post 9/11 cost was CHEAP. As said before when did Sovereign right after for a 5nite cost was $9ea, $50ea Port/Tax, total $118 for 2 of us

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 5/16/2021 at 11:04 AM, CruisingHogFan said:

I agree with you since I have also had it (40 and had still have some issues after 4 months) and we are all now vaccinated. My issue is some of the anti-vaccine people will lie and think it’s no big deal to do so and put people at risk.

The current CDC rules also state if so many people test positive on a sailing it has to return to port immediately. I don’t think it’s fair to have our vacation ruined by someone who doesn’t want to agree or lie about being vaccinated. That’s their choice but they should chose a different type of vacation where they can’t affect others. 

I think the number of people lying will be statistically insignificant.  Of the percentage that don't or won't be vaccinated, the vast majority will simply take some other form of vacation that doesn't require them to deceive the cruise lines to enjoy the vacation.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ramja96 said:

Where does that leave people who CAN'T get vaccinated for health/allergy reasons?  They did "choose" to not get vaccinated.

That leaves them at home. My brother wanted to be a military jet pilot back in the late 60s. At the time requirement was uncorrected 20/20 vision. He wore glasses. No special treatment for him and this was during the peak of the Viet Nam conflict. He didn't choose not to have 20/20 vision.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

That leaves them at home. My brother wanted to be a military jet pilot back in the late 60s. At the time requirement was uncorrected 20/20 vision. He wore glasses. No special treatment for him and this was during the peak of the Viet Nam conflict. He didn't choose not to have 20/20 vision.

While I get what you're trying to say - it's hardly an equal comparison.

18 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

All the speculation about vax/no-vax, masks/ no-masks, and what DeSantis' passport law means or doesn't mean is irrelevant until/unless ^THIS^ requirement is removed. This is why NCL needs the CSO dropped for 100% vaccinated cruises, because even with 100% vaccinated passengers and crew they cannot meet this requirement. Everything else is just chatter until the CDC drops this.

Yeah but piling on Desantis is distracting from this point and that is all most of this conversation is about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just read on the blog that Carnival is hoping to restart in the US WITHOUT requiring vaccinations

I'm hoping I win the mega-million tomorrow night.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Can't wait till they come back to Jersey. We won't make laws that will hinder them from coming back.... Also we believe in  Facts and Science up here.....

Edited by Moltar
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ramja96 said:

The nice thing about having multiple vaccines using different carrier substrates is that very few people are unable to take one of the vaccines regardless of past vaccine history. Immunocompromised..you should take take vaccine. allergic to past vaccines...take of of the MRNA not J and j.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ramja96 said:

While I get what you're trying to say - it's hardly an equal comparison.

Why not? In both cases if you can’t meet the qualifications you shouldn’t be given a pass.  Why put some innocent people in harms way just to appease some people who can’t meet the requirement especially for the entitled minority.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChutChut said:

I'm vaccinated but declining a particular vaccine shouldn't be used to deny you any type of goods or services from a business.

So you don’t believe businesses should have freedom to decide who they do business with?  You believe in selective freedom. Freedoms that you agree with. 

• Like 6

I'm vaccinated but declining a particular vaccine shouldn't be used to deny you any type of goods or services from a business.

I had to prove I had immunity to or had been vaccinated for 9 different diseases to go to work. Children have to be vaccinated to go to school. My husband certainly couldn't pick or choose the vaccines the military gave him. 

• Like 3

Seven of the eight players were asymptomatic and the remaining one only had mild symptoms. All three vaccines have resulted in breakthrough Covid infections - although incredibly small numbers out of millions of vaccinations.

And apparently all these cases seem to be in NYC😉🤣🤣

• Haha 1