Royal confirmed in Alaska

The passing of the Alaska Tourism Recovery Act through both the House and the Senate will provide temporary relief from the Passenger Vessel Services Act and open the opportunity for cruises to return to the Last Frontier as early as this summer! We’re ecstatic with this news and appreciate the many travel industry advocates who have expressed unwavering support for this crucial bill. More importantly, the port communities and small businesses in Alaska, who have been severely impacted by the loss of cruise traffic, are now seeing a long-awaited glimmer of hope. This bucket list vacation destination is BACK!

Get your clients ready to earn their wilderness badges as they explore Alaska this summer. Royal Caribbean® returns to Alaska with two fan favorites sailing from Seattle. Adventures on Serenade of the Seas® begin July 19, 2021 from her new homeport of Seattle, and the biggest ship in the region, Ovation of the Seas®, returns August 13, 2021. It’s time to take on the untamed thrills of the Last Frontier.

Your clients can plan their Alaska cruise with peace of mind knowing that all crew members and vacationers 16 years of age or older will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and everyone 12 or older after August 1, 2021. Those underage will receive a test prior to sailing. These measures are part of our commitment to the health and safety of every guest, crew member and community visited. The measures will be evaluated and updated as public health circumstances evolve.

To ensure full preparedness, the tough decision has been made to cancel the following sailings:

SHIP CANCELED SAIL DATES
Radiance of the Seas July 2 - September 24, 2021
Serenade of the Seas July 4 & 11, 2021
Ovation of the Seas July 2 - August 6, 2021
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Another_Critic said:

It seems premature [for RCG] to publicize this before the CDC lifts/modifies the CSO. 

Or did I miss that it was lifted/modified???

I would say that something may be in play behind the scenes because it’s not just Royal that announced sailings. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, allieic95 said:

Anyone able to see dates/itineraries online? I see the marketing on the website but not able to find anything for July. 

Briefly, very briefly, I was able to pull up the Serenade dates on RCL website.  Cruises are showing closed on Espresso.  called and was told they’re “working on it.”  Rechecked RCL website and can no longer pull up sail dates.

Edited by ILCTCRUISER
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:
The passing of the Alaska Tourism Recovery Act through both the House and the Senate will provide temporary relief from the Passenger Vessel Services Act and open the opportunity for cruises to return to the Last Frontier as early as this summer! We’re ecstatic with this news and appreciate the many travel industry advocates who have expressed unwavering support for this crucial bill. More importantly, the port communities and small businesses in Alaska, who have been severely impacted by the loss of cruise traffic, are now seeing a long-awaited glimmer of hope. This bucket list vacation destination is BACK!

Get your clients ready to earn their wilderness badges as they explore Alaska this summer. Royal Caribbean® returns to Alaska with two fan favorites sailing from Seattle. Adventures on Serenade of the Seas® begin July 19, 2021 from her new homeport of Seattle, and the biggest ship in the region, Ovation of the Seas®, returns August 13, 2021. It’s time to take on the untamed thrills of the Last Frontier.

Your clients can plan their Alaska cruise with peace of mind knowing that all crew members and vacationers 16 years of age or older will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and everyone 12 or older after August 1, 2021. Those underage will receive a test prior to sailing. These measures are part of our commitment to the health and safety of every guest, crew member and community visited. The measures will be evaluated and updated as public health circumstances evolve.

To ensure full preparedness, the tough decision has been made to cancel the following sailings:

SHIP CANCELED SAIL DATES
Radiance of the Seas July 2 - September 24, 2021
Serenade of the Seas July 4 & 11, 2021
Ovation of the Seas July 2 - August 6, 2021

I know this question should be asked on the Celebrity board, but not much going on over there.  Any news on Solstice for Alaska this summer?

2 minutes ago, radarcruiser said:

I know this question should be asked on the Celebrity board, but not much going on over there.  Any news on Solstice for Alaska this summer?

Celebrity will send Celebrity Summit to Alaska, beginning July 23. The ship will stop at Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway, and sail Endicott Arm and Dawes Glaicer. The season will end in mid-September, when the ship will reposition to the Caribbean.

31 minutes ago, BSocial said:

They’ve also just confirmed 1 Celebrity ship from Seattle as well.

Would  it ask too much of RCG to clarify starting ships and dates for the rest of the US Ports?   

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-b/news/6138/

This may or may not be an answer to your question.

The Serenade dates out of Seattle were the same as the original Serenade dates out of Vancouver.  Do they need to “build” the “new” cruise and populate it with the passengers who were booked out of Vancouver?  Do they need to reconfirm those bookings?  IOW, do they need to let the dust settle before they can open or reopen the cruises for sale?

17 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Celebrity will send Celebrity Summit to Alaska, beginning July 23. The ship will stop at Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway, and sail Endicott Arm and Dawes Glaicer. The season will end in mid-September, when the ship will reposition to the Caribbean.

Thanks.  I guess from process of elimination we can deduce that Solstice is toast.

I am scheduled on the Ovation of the Seas to Alaska on August 13, 2021. Tonight I received a text stating my cruise was canceled and about the same time, my friend (also sailing) received an email- not of cancellation but an itinerary change dropping a Canadian stop and adding Sitka. Confused by this I contacted RCCL for clarification. I was given an apology for the text and told the itinerary change is correct and at this time my sailing is still on. Sharing this info in case others received that same text.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI will really have Ovation over for a one month season?

Biker, who is a bit skeptical.

I agree. Still need Port of Seattle opened. Still need CDC to approve sailing.

We will wait until 2022 season. Bucket list cruise/trip. 

38 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

So what about people coming from countries who do not vaccinate children under 16?

I assume its just a test

From the UK website for Serenade sailings.

Vaccine Requirement

Royal Caribbean guests age 16 and older must complete all doses of their COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before their sailing. For sailings departing after August 1, the age requirement for vaccination will change from 16 to 12 years of age. Guests under the age of this requirement don’t need to be vaccinated and will receive a SARS-Cov-2 test before boarding. 

18 minutes ago, badvector said:

From the UK website for Serenade sailings.

Vaccine Requirement

Royal Caribbean guests age 16 and older must complete all doses of their COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before their sailing. For sailings departing after August 1, the age requirement for vaccination will change from 16 to 12 years of age. Guests under the age of this requirement don’t need to be vaccinated and will receive a SARS-Cov-2 test before boarding. 

So still says if 12-16 will need vaccine, even though uk are not giving vaccines to those ages. 

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK