New Carnival "have fun, be safe" protocols.

stellarose

1 minute ago, LadyMac72 said:

Interesting. In the Carnival email I received, it said:

• Facemasks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore in Alaska.  Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage you to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.  

It said nothing about masks on the ships and seems to leave it to the localities as to whether to require them in port.  I think things are going to change re: masks between now and my cruise.  At least I hope so.

LadyMac72,

I would call my PVP 😉

It sounds like Carnival & Princess are taking a different approach to mask wearing among vaccinated passengers then Royal & NCL.

24 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I am vaccinated and really pissed that I don’t get the benefits of being socially responsible! I am definitely canceling my Horizon cruise! You voters from Florida need to thank your governor when you get mask tan lines. 

There are other cruise lines that will be offering vaccinated cruises.  It does seem unfair to make vaccinated cruisers comply with protocols for unvaccinated cruisers, but obviously Carnival is placing more emphasis on the "vaccine choice" aspect.  It would be tough to police different protocols for different groups.  Personally, I think they chose poorly...

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Have you gotten a flu vaccine every year of your life? If no, then you're one of those socially irresponsible people you deride. Stop with the condescending nonsense.

Actually I do and so do my kids. I had to update my TB test and tetanus and show for my job as a sub. I believe in vaccines. But this is my vacation and I according to the CDC should have less restrictions . 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bdever said:

I am happy my cruise doesn’t go until 9/18/21.

I can wait and watch.

My sentiment too.
This whole thing has to boil down a bit more,

in the direction of stability and normal sanity

before I start to consider picking up the phone to Leah.

By Fall, patient ppl will be getting a sense of

what transpired during those Summer 2021 Cruises.
What went right? What went wrong? We'll see what happens!
Don't rush it.

Which way to go?

~2Corridors-311.jpg

• Like 3

Since this is for a fully vaccinated cruise, I imagine it applies to all cruises going forward:

If the ship meets a certain threshold for COVID-19 illness, the cruise could be cancelled at any point in the voyage and the ship will return to Seattle. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Carnival is banking on being able to take unvaccinated passengers then. Putting all of us on the unvaccinated cdc rules.  Many of those who don’t want the vaccine have said no cruising with masks either. Glad I don’t sail til late Oct and late Nov. 

Oct/Nov might not be far enough away to be beyond these protocols. You also have to worry about cold and flu season during that time with the temperature changes. Things may not return to normal until spring 2022. The real question is what will happen when covid starts happening on the ships. With only 50% of adults immunized it may be a bigger issue than many anticipated (myself included). Glad I'm not cruising anytime soon.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

There are other cruise lines that will be offering vaccinated cruises.  It does seem unfair to make vaccinated cruisers comply with protocols for unvaccinated cruisers, but obviously Carnival is placing more emphasis on the "vaccine choice" aspect.  It would be tough to police different protocols for different groups.  Personally, I think they chose poorly...

I guess it is good I read these protocols before final payment. I think I lose my deposit though. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I am vaccinated and really pissed that I don’t get the benefits of being socially responsible! I am definitely canceling my Horizon cruise! You voters from Florida need to thank your governor when you get mask tan lines. 

Do you think cruising out of another state instead of Florida is going to make a difference?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

Time is of the essence to save the Alaska season.  They don't have time for test cruises.  They do for the Caribbean.  So they can let guests who are not vaccinated sale if they have test cruises.  But the will probably then require masks.  Which is the worst option - requiring the mask or requiring the vaccine?

Mask! 100%!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, balcony bound said:

Do you think cruising out of another state instead of Florida is going to make a difference?

Maybe.  At least with other states the cruise lines may be more legally comfortable mandating vaccines.  Obviously Carnival does with its Alaska cruises.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope Baltimore cruises require vaccinations and no mask by my cruise at the end of Oct.  I also hope multiple destinations require fully vaccinated cruises to come into ports.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I guess it is good I read these protocols before final payment. I think I lose my deposit though. 

You should be able to move it. This is a significant change to the contract, I'm sure they will work with you. A lift and shift or a gift card (deposit amount) for a later date wouldn't be an unreasonable ask under the circumstances. I'd call and make a stink and not just forfeit your deposit.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Maybe.  At least with other states the cruise lines may be more legally comfortable mandating vaccines.  Obviously Carnival does with its Alaska cruises.   

I think the question was rhetorical.

Carnival’s protocols apply regardless of which state with the exception of maybe the testing requirement but I doubt even that. 

Masks are pretty much optional here now...and very few opt in. So three months from now going into a situation where I'm going to have to wear a mask all the time is going to be quite an adjustment. I mean I've been to Mexico twice and it's only masks indoors there but you're outdoors almost all of the time. On a ship unless you're on lido deck, you're indoors. I'd be really interested to know what the capacity levels are because it's really easy to distance at a large resort that's 50% or less. Ships have way less space and I doubt my cruise has a reduced capacity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bdever said:

I think the question was rhetorical.

Carnival’s protocols apply regardless of which state with the exception of maybe the testing requirement but I doubt even that. 

I don't think that is correct.  The Alaska protocols would appear to reflect CDC mask and social distancing changes for a vaccinated passenger cohort.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_052521

• Like 1

I'm not going to get too worked up about things because the committee I sit on to implement the state guidelines for my occupation, is having a hard time keeping up with the press conferences and press releases that keep on changing the guidelines.  (For the past few weeks for the better.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, naxer said:

I'm not going to get too worked up about things because the committee I sit on to implement the state guidelines for my occupation, is having a hard time keeping up with the press conferences and press releases that keep on changing the guidelines.  (For the past few weeks for the better.)

Smart.  Things are changing rapidly, and I think we will all see things happen differently in a few months than we perceive them currently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I don't think that is correct.  The Alaska protocols would appear to reflect CDC mask and social distancing changes for a vaccinated passenger cohort.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_052521

Thanks 😊 I stand corrected , different on the testing component being these are fully vaccinated sailings but not on the masking component. 

I doubt Carnival will sail fully vaccinated cruises out of any other state besides Alaska for modification to the testing component. Would be nice but I doubt it.

• Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I think I'd be willing to sign up for a vaccine passport to avoid masks. I have my reservations about data security, I have many redundancies of free credit monitoring due to several data breeches already and seem to get a notification every few months or so; but I really want to be able to get back to normal life with no masks. If a vaccine passport is what it takes to cruise normally and have my kids in school normally without masks and worry then sign me up! I hate the masks and want to be rid of them. I'm at my wits end with the masking and nonsense. My poor kids have suffered so much over this and I want normalcy and am getting a bit desperate at this point. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I think I'd be willing to sign up for a vaccine passport to avoid masks. I have my reservations about data security, I have many redundancies of free credit monitoring due to several data breeches already and seem to get a notification every few months or so; but I really want to be able to get back to normal life with no masks. If a vaccine passport is what it takes to cruise normally and have my kids in school normally without masks and worry then sign me up! I hate the masks and want to be rid of them. I'm at my wits end with the masking and nonsense. My poor kids have suffered so much over this and I want normalcy and am getting a bit desperate at this point. 

My question is... since the federal government doesn't support vaccine passports, what good would it actually do you? 

“there will be no federal vaccinations database and no federal mandate requiring everyone to obtain a single vaccination credential.”

(Separately, we are making vaccines available to all crew members and they will have gone through a quarantine period when joining the ship.  As an extra layer of protection, crew members will wear masks while on duty and be tested regularly)

They are making vaccines available to crew???? I though 100% of crew must be vaccinated. Crew will wear mask and be tested regularly??? Does this mean they will not all be vaccinated? 

• Like 1