Oasis of the Seas Solarium Bistro Dinner

1 hour ago, broadwaycam said:

On the Oasis is the Solarium Bistro all buffet for dinner or at dinner do you order off a menu? Never been on a ship with Solarium Bistro.

It's absolutely awful, don't bother go elsewhere, avoid at all costs ...

....Just kidding, pre-covid it was our favorite "secret" spot for dinner and breakfast, so trying to keep the masses away. To your question, it's your choice. If you want something not in the buffet line, you can order off a limited menu and that's cooked in the galley. However, I'd say what they offer is in the buffet is better than 'jammer and MDRs and we rarely ordered anything off the menu.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Defender1158 said:

In the recent past, Solerium Bristo has been buffet for salad, appetizers and desert, but menu table service for entries.  Oasis has an excellent venue.

/Greg

This was how Windjammer was on our first cruise in 2002 on then Nordic Empress.

Do you need reservations?

Edited by poocher

17 hours ago, poocher said:

This was how Windjammer was on our first cruise in 2002 on then Nordic Empress.

Do you need reservations?

Generally a good idea to make reservations, but since they are the “overflow” venue for my time dining, they take walk-ins.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, j1d1 said:

Tacking on to this.  Does anyone know if the Unlimited Dining Package a la carte food credit can be used for Solarium dinner entree items that cost a fee?

Having purchased my first UDP on the Ovation I would like to know this as well.  Anyone?...Anyone?

19 hours ago, j1d1 said:

Tacking on to this.  Does anyone know if the Unlimited Dining Package a la carte food credit can be used for Solarium dinner entree items that cost a fee?

There are not any items (that I can remember) that have a fee associated with them in the Solarium Bistro. It is possible that they have lifted some entrees from Chops, however.

29 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There are not any items (that I can remember) that have a fee associated with them in the Solarium Bistro. It is possible that they have lifted some entrees from Chops, however.

There were definitely upcharge lamb chops and lobster tails the last time I ate there in 2016.  No idea if UDP allowance would cover it.  If my Harmony TA goes this October, I can try it and report back then.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

While I can’t link to it due to board rules, a popular Royal Caribbean site has the most recent menus that I can find for Oasis. There are no charge entree, but there are definitely upcharge entree items on the Solarium Bistro dinner menu.  Specifically there are charges for the lamb chops, filet, lobster, and surf and turf. 

In theory one would think the UDP food credit would work, but I seem to recall hearing that it doesn’t cover the Solarium Bistro. Just trying to see if anyone knows for sure. 

We did not like the dinner there at all. They did not refresh their buffet items enough, so items were held too long, over cooked, or dried out. And the waiters keep pushing upcharging and buying a lobster dinner "cheapest on the ship".... I don't like to be hustled, constantly, at dinner. 

10 hours ago, poocher said:

So is the solarium bistro an included restaurant?  Or is it a specialty?

Included, but there are a couple of 'mains' which have a fee. It's a great venue, quiet and more romantic than the MDR. We would have most of our breakfasts there and a couple of dinners too

are children allowed at dinner in the Solarium bistro (Harmony)? 

We used it for breakfast and lunch on the Allure - with the kid, since it's just like a regular buffet, but we never tried it at dinner, because I didn't know it was a free venue.